White Dwarf Autoflowering 125W CFL Grow

Day 28:

Hey guys,

Just a quick update today, and I will post pics tommorow. Plant is looking great and I'm pretty sure I can see the start of the top bud forming. Couple of the leaves got a tiny bit burnt because of proximity to the side CFLs but it's just a flesh wound :]

Repotted as well to an 8" pot (can anyone tell me this in gallons or litres?) also and it seems to be coping well and hasn't shown any sign of stress...even though this is it's third repot!!!

Fed today with pretty much full strenth BioBizz bloom nutes (have a pipette now so can be a bit more accurate. The bottle says 2-5ml per litre and I used 2ml with half a litre, then 1.5ml with another half litre but only used about half of the second mix).

Embryo leaves are looking very yellow and useless, should I pull them off?

Thanks!

Day 29:

Hello,

Thanks for the conversion rate dohmixer, that souds like the perfect sized pot for dwarf species! The main news today is that what I thought was a physical CFL burn was actually nute burn...just had to happen :] As you will see from the pics it has only affected about 4 leaves and their edges, but isn't very severe. What affect will this have on my plant? Will it stunt growth? Should I flush even though I watered yesterday?

Have now officially run out of space, but I have a plan: I have cut a 1 inch slit in the bottom of my box, and I will put the stalk through it. That way the pot will be below the box and just the stalk and plant will be inside and get loads of light. If you cant picture it just think of hydroponics. But will having no light getting to soil affect it as it wont evaporate as quickly? I will post a pic of this when its doen.

Anyhow here's the latest:

Current set up, as you can see the lower parts are getting some nice light:

Betty_117.jpg

The plant:

Betty_114.jpg

Betty_116.jpg

Betty_118.jpg

Betty_112.jpg

Betty_115.jpg

The nute burn:

Betty_113.jpg

Betty_111.jpg

Thanks!

looking good kilco. Thats a healthy looking plant. I still say that you cant have too much heat with a CFL lol. That plant will never burn now, not at the size it is. Dont worry about how many days its been you will know when its ready. Ive ust cropped a 97day old MI5 and its sweet. The smoke is sooo stoney. very harsh but i think thats because its so old. was only 40cm in hight but had an amazingly thick stem.
The nute burn is nothing mate. that amount will not be noticed at all in the growth of your plant. are you sure that is nute burn? and not just the leaves commin in contact with the light?

Hi Eebytocs, welcome to the grow!

Glad to get a second opinion on her, and good to know that the nu
te burn is nothing much. Plus, I am certain that it is nute burn, firstly because it happened after I used full strength nutes and secondly because I also accidentaly left a leaf in contact with one of the CFLs and the burns look completely different.

Nice one on the MI5, was it indica or sativa? Plus I'm interested to know what you did with the stalk and leaf? Can you smoke the leaves or is it not worth it?

Thanks!

Day 31:

Watered with plain water today as i'm a bit fearful of nute burn now :] Will use 1.5ml per litre nutes next watering though (bottle says 2ml - 5ml per litre). Plant is looking really nice and lots of different bud sites are now forming.

Top cola is becoming distinguished now and growing taller and bigger. Couple of leaves have got a tad burnt by CFLs (because I couldnt be bothered to spend ages arranging it perfectly around the side lights) but this shouldnt have too much affect. Stalk is big and thick so all is going well :]

Here are the pics:

Current set up:

Betty_126.jpg

The Plant:

Betty_120.jpg

Betty_121.jpg

Betty_122.jpg

Top Cola:

Betty_119.jpg

Side bud site (not very clear I know!):

Betty_124.jpg

Thanks!

Lookin good! Just wait till those buds fill in and get all nice and plump! Ooooh, I can smell it now!

Nice setup with the lights, I was considering doing something similar with lighting underneath. I'll be sure to watch to see how it affects your grow!

(+reps)

Oh, psbtw, I wouldn't worry about the burning issue... those leaves are going to get eaten up by the plant as it flowers anyways!

alryt kilco hows it goin mate? pics are nice mate, much better. nah i never smoked my leaves tastes like shit lol especially when you will have the bud. i do keep the stalk though just as an ornament and as memory of such a nice plants. that plant will get about 12g dry or summut i would say. really dont worry about the nute burn your plant wants to be pretty burnt by the time its done. Your fan leaves should go yellow and crusty about the time that you want to be clipping.

Just clipped my Lemon auto still wet and wont be ready for about 2weeks yet, but looks incredible stuff. ill get you some pics this weekend pal.

Hello!

Welcome to the grow yungBEARtokin, you joined just at the right moment xD Thanks for the help eebytocs, I had heard that leaf is really rough but I will derfinitely keep them anyway. Mabey try and roll a blunt with a big fan leaf! :grinjoint:

12g would be sweeeet! When I first started this grow I thought I was kind of doing everything amateurish (which I kind of am!) so would get a pretty small yield which I would still be happy with. But I saw another grow journal of a White Dwarf a guy grew with a couple CFLs. The plant ended up realllyyyy lanky with the buds barely filled in...yet he still yielded 10g. This fills me with hope for my baby as she is tall but also nice n' bushy.

And yea pics of that lemon would be amazing...it sounds lush :] How much are you yielding with it? (+reps)

Thanks!

i got 26.7g off my lemon to be accurate lol. i started of as a noob aswell mate you will only get better and better. ill upload the pics at the weekend mate not had time atm. cant wait to see your plant in a month :p gunna be sweet mate am tellin ya. try the leaf if you want pal, but trust me you wont do it again after haha. harsh isnt the word its horrid. and make sure if you are going to smoke the leaf dont smoke a fan leaf it will have0% thc lol get some that ae really stick nd close to the bu. you will know what i meen when its done.

cheers for the +rep mate

Wow! Thats a v nice yield, were you using CFLs? And if so how many? I have one main dual spectrum 125W CFL which is perfect because my cab space is very small so it gets loads of reflection. I also added a 25W CFL and 15W CFL to either side halfway through which I think has contributed to her bushiness.

What sort of cab are you working with? I need to take a break from growing after this one has done so I can find one decent and consistent cab to work with. Stealth is my priority and the box I have at the moment is the most blatant thing in the world!!!

Plus, I think I may take your advice about the leaf...I could just use a flower press thing and hang it on my wall for a little memoire... xD

Day 35:

Week 6 is here and the plant is looking better than ever. She has grow loads in height since budding has started and the cola is towering! Branches are becoming distinguished with some juicy buds forming. I can also see alternating branches on one of the main branches which I remember being a good thing...dont know why though :] Also, as you can see from the following pics the plant is around 11.5' tall.

Also the first pair of leaves at the very bottom has turned completyely yellow. I find this reassuring though because this is the potassium being taken up for budding, right?

I have limited access to a fairly decent camera...so if I get a chance I can post some high quality pictures and you guys can have a proper look.

Anyway onto the good stuff:

The set-up:

Betty_128.jpg

The plant:

Betty_129.jpg

Betty_131.jpg

Betty_132.jpg

Betty_127.jpg

Betty_130.jpg

Thanks!

my grow room is about a meter high by 2 metres wide and a metre deep, so a big old thing. i use 2x 250w CFL's 1 red spec 1 blue spec, but there on ebay atm because i want to use something more powerful now.

haha i had a massive fan leaf on mine and i tryed to keep it as a memory but died the next day :( might try airtight framing it next time lol that could work.

Smoke the leaf kilco just to see what its like but be prepared to coff your guts up :p especially if you do what you say and blunt it. im smoking my lemon right now and its b.e.a.uuu.tiful

your plant looks gawjus mate. (i want some lmao)
looking really bushy for 6week. not a bad hight eitha pal, but still a good 3weeks to a month left i would say. can you wait that long? ha :p

Lookin nice Kilco! Over the next couple of weeks the calyxes well swell and the buds will get fatter and fatter!

Hi guys and welcome to the grow ganglion :]

Sounds like you have it's sorted there eebytocs, any plans for your next grow? Plus, my plant is actually only at the start of week 6 so is reall 5 weeks and 2 days old!!!

And BT, will there be anymore height growth now or will the buds just get bigger? They're looking prety puny atm, will they end up looking like the classic fat buds?

Also, I have a plan for my next grow. I just realise my bedside cabinet is 22' tall, 20x14' wide. This would be perfect for a small grow! But how will I keep it short as with the 8' pot and 4' light I will only have 10' growing room. Can I just LST an autoflowering plant or will I have to get a regular strain and LST it?

Oh and one more thing: I was having a look around and I think I may grow Easy Ryder next...anyone have any opinions on it?

Thanks!

your plant will go taller yes mate. maybe about another 3-6inch or so maybe a lil more tbh. your buds wont be very dense no, its a auto so it isnt going to really grow like weed should. dont get me wrong it will be very nice but not big fat buds.

That new grow room seems ok yes you can LST it but there is a chance it wont work very well ive LST some of mine and some work som dont. some just go really skinny and crap but i would give it ago neway man.

Easy Ryder im not sure about mate ive never tryed it you should probs go for MI5 if i was you, they stay small and not very leafy there mostly bud. Diesel stays small aswell but they are a very leafy plant and i struggle to get much off them. The MI5 is Purple aswell which looks mint lol. Diesel is pretty Blue, which is pretty cool.

What makes you want to go for Easy Ryder mate?

I dont have any plans for my next grow yet ive just moved house so gotta get a few fings sorted first.

ow and if your worried about the 10inch grow space, let it grow and then when it gets too big just tie abit of string around the top of the plant and bend it down towards the pot. it will not hurt the plant at all trust me. LST is good but autos grow with a main cola so when you start messing with it too early in its life t will give you very small buds all over. Upto you really mate ill leave that with you :p

I 100% disagree with eebytocs. (Sorry, mate!) My buds from my AF strain are VERY dense. Don't LST your autos. There's really no need and you won't see a big difference. Short Stuff strains has yet to disappoint me. I would also suggest Mi5.

Back
Top Bottom