White fuzz appearing in buds at end of drying

Doliz

Hello. I've done some searching and it appears I may have got mold on the buds, somehow :( They looked amazing, cut, trimmed up and hung for about 5 days. Pulled some down to try and the biggest buds all have this fuzz inside.

I cut all the large, fuzz buds and bagged them separate. From what I can see, none of the smaller buds have this issue going on. Although, from what I gathered they are probably still not safe...I do have bubble bags....but man this sucks. Anybody want to give me the bad news?

This was the 3rd of the group, but by far the best, and the first 2 had no problems and are gone already. I have one more still going.

Super sad :'( Posted a before and after image.

vYJlR1E.jpg

ORvA4NN.jpg

That sucks man.. not good.. if the small ones don't have any mold on them, they will be fine to smoke. Make sure though that there is no mold on them. Bin the rest..

Could have had rot in the buds before drying, maybe that area wasn't getting the air and spread...

Could have had rot in the buds before drying, maybe that area wasn't getting the air and spread...

Alright so this morning I have been going through and trimming it all up. It appears that ONLY the top cola's on the branches where the bud was very dense, have this issue. All the smaller buds are good, even the smaller dense ones. I've cut out all the large buds with the white mold, and bagged it up separate. Hoping I can use it for Dry ice hash, but I may have to use another method first to help get rid of the mold?

I'm gonna watch all the stuff I cut that is jarred up that looked 100% good still, and see how it looks in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom