White Haze Auto LED Grow GLR

profesor x

hello everyone, today i planted 1 white haze auto seed into starting cube, i've had problems of being caught twice in the past, so i will be growing 3 tomatoes to try camouflage things out (hope it works)

i will be using full spectrum LED grow lights, 3 lt grow bags, in a 2ft X 4ft X 7ft tall grow tent.

*Will be using GLR (Gas Lantern Routine)*

fingers crossed! :goodluck:

will post pics later

had to start over because the plant leaves got stuck in seed and couldn't help her out...

potted the new white haze on June 20th, watered with EC 1.1 nutes on june 24, june 27, june 30.
today i checked runoff EC and was 1.3, plant seems fine

i will reduce nutrient EC by 0.2 and see how it goes

2014-06-30_11_05_01.jpg

jul 8th
first signs of pre-flower showed up (i think she's a little small for that don't you?)
watered for 1st time with veg phase nutrients of canna coco. i have noticed a few burns at the leaf tips, seems like the strain, (particularly because it is an auto-flowering strain, i think) doesn't like the nutrient dosage recommended in canna coco feeding chart, so i tried 3/4 strength of the recommended in canna coco feeding chart.

ingoing water EC= 0.9
water runoff EC= 1.2

i am running drain to waste with 30-40% runoff to avoid salts accumulation
any advice is welcome :)

2014-07-08_10_49_13.jpg
2014-07-08_10_48_40.jpg
2014-07-08_10_48_18.jpg

this is the 2nd week since first signs of pre-flowering appeared.
im givim her canna coco nutes at 450ppm (TDS)

medium= 60% coco/ 40% perlite

pH 5.8, runoff pH= 5.9
EC going in the pot is 0.9, runoff EC 0.9

running drain to waste with 30-40% runoff

some help needed please :yummy:
2014-07-23_19_20_24.jpg
2014-07-23_19_00_33.jpg
2014-07-23_19_00_20.jpg
2014-07-23_19_00_40.jpg
2014-07-23_19_16_16.jpg
2014-07-23_19_00_12.jpg

High ya Professor, I am no expert but have seen other journals were they grow in coco and have problems with cal/ mag deficiencies. You might want to take a look in that direction also . :peace:

high vibes to you G-daddy friend!

i have just flushed my girl with 1/2 strength nutes 0.9 EC (450 ppm) water at pH 5.8 and i changed my reservoir, i was using a 50 lt res for just this plant, it was taking like forever to go empty, now i'm using a 20 liter res.

sorry if idon't make much sense mate but my english is not that good and im high as hell :roorrip:
cheers!

Subscribed. Your leaf damage appears to be either from nutrient contact burns or a phosphorous deficiency. What are you feeding your plant and how many millilitres per gallon or 4 litres? What are your grow area temperature and humidity? Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium, you should use a calcium and magnesium supplement. Red/purple stems on the top are a normal reaction to light. Red/ purple on the underside of stems and leaves may be from a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Some people believe that red/ purple stems is caused by a phosphorous deficiency. Did you pre soak your coco coir in a pH balanced solution with a calcium and magnesium supplement before use?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Subscribed. Your leaf damage appears to be either from nutrient contact burns or a phosphorous deficiency. What are you feeding your plant and how many millilitres per gallon or 4 litres? What are your grow area temperature and humidity? Plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium, you should use a calcium and magnesium supplement. Red/purple stems on the top are a normal reaction to light. Red/ purple on the underside of stems and leaves may be from a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Some people believe that red/ purple stems is caused by a phosphorous deficiency. Did you pre soak your coco coir in a pH balanced solution with a calcium and magnesium supplement before use?

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

high vibes to you my friend John, im really glad you are here ! :)

i'm feeding (in a 20 lt res):
30 ml canna A
30 ml canna B
5 ml Rhizo tonic
25 ml Canna Zym
20 ml Canna Boost
(this is half strength (for a light feed) of what is recommended by canna coco feeding chart)

my EC is 0.9, 450 ppm (TDS), pH at 5.8
lowest temp recorded is 68 F
highest temp is 80 F

humidity around 40% - 55%

runoff is EC 0.9, 450 ppm (TDS), pH at 5.9
water temp is at 75 F

your diagnosis makes a lot of sense, she is showing various of the symptoms proper of a Phosphorus def i guess.

one thing i think is important to say is that i'm watering through a dripper.

im using an Advanced Diamond DS8000 LED light (about 600 real watts) at 30 inches from canopy.

i did not pre soak my coco coir in a pH balanced solution with a calcium and magnesium supplement before use, i just flushed it very well to wash salts out.

i have been reading that cal-mag (like cal-mag plus) is not the proper way to go, if my plant is in flowering stage? hope you can guide me on this friend John, i really appreciate your input!
:thanks:

I have started using a calcium and magnesium supplement with my plants in my soiless mixture I use that already has calcium added to the peat moss based medium as a pH buffering agent and have noticed my plants are using more then their predicted nutrient ratio. I believe my plants are also using a higher amount of calcium, magnesium and the resulting higher amount of phosphorous and potassium is also being used by my plants in flowering under the 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x in my 6'4" L x 6'6" W x 6' H Grow Bay #1 totalling 975 watts power draw. The Day/Night Temperature Controller controls the Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM with a Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM carbon filter is keeping my grow area at a steady 77° Fahrenheit. The equipment in use in my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review was supplied by Lush Lighting and JJ Bones at PerfectGardens.com. A calcium and magnesium supplement can be used in flowering up until the last 2 weeks before harvest in order to give the calcium and magnesium supplement enough time to flush from the buds.

Hydro LED Light | Lush Lighting | 888-960-4LED

@JJ Bones

Advanced Gardening for Indoor Hydroponic Grow Rooms and Organic Greenhouses

thanks a lot friend John for your guidance! i have already ordered 1 lt of botanicare cal-mag plus, hope to receive it in 2 weeks :/ international shippings are slow, but thats the way it is when you live in mexico i guess :)

i will report later, hope that flush i gave her two days ago will straight things up a bit in the mean time cal-mag plus arrives

should i start feeding the cal-mag plus at a 5ml per gallon ratio? or what do u recommend friend John?

cheers! :morenutes:

When you receive your Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus I would begin to use it at 5 millilitres per gallon for your plants. I would not use Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus until 2 weeks of good growth with seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom