White Powdery Mold - Help!

Re: White Powdery Mold: Help!

I believe I have a bad case of White powder mold. I'm a first time grower and this is an outdoor grow. I bought neem oil and have sprayed my cannabis plant once so far and plant still looks the same. The plant is in early flower stage.

I've read to remove moldy leaves, byt if I do that I wouldn't have any leaves left.

I've spent time trying to whip down leaves and white powder seems to come back just as fast, maybe I'm not cleaning good enough.

I've also noticed my plant is crowded but don't know how or where to cut if that is even the problem.

I've also thought about my planting pot size, is it possible its too small for my roots?

Please help me save my cannabis plant.
These pictures were taken 5minutes after I sprayed with been oil.

It's White Powerdy Mildew actually. I had it creeping up the stalks and knocked it out with SM-90. Milk is supposed to work. Great article at grow weed easy. I can't link but google that to their website then search for white powdery mildew.

Moisture, humidity, lack of breeze, leaves touching each other. I'd try milk ASAP then maybe SM-90.

IMG_20150805_145439.jpg
IMG_20150805_145427.jpg
IMG_20150805_145417.jpg
IMG_20150805_145401.jpg
IMG_20150805_145308.jpg

Crap it's bad, check out that article..

You have good spray bottle? You need to soak that thing, wipe everything with clean paper towels, repeat. Try milk ASAP

Crap it's bad, check out that article..

You have good spray bottle? You need to soak that thing, wipe everything with clean paper towels, repeat. Try milk ASAP

I have a good spray bottle on of the ones you pump with air and just hold the trigger. I soaked it with milk before I bought the neem oil. I have been spraying during the daylight, maybe I'm supposed to wait until night or early morning?

I'd say early morning you could take advantage of any dew. I read it should be wiped away with water and paper towels, may be a bitch wiping down each leaf pretty much, using fresh towel every so often. I'd say a roll of paper towels. You're trying to wipe away as much as possible. Wipe stems too. Wipe everything then treat with milk spray. I'll tell ya that SM-90 is good, kills bugs and keeps em off too. Good luck

I'd say early morning you could take advantage of any dew. I read it should be wiped away with water and paper towels, may be a bitch wiping down each leaf pretty much, using fresh towel every so often. I'd say a roll of paper towels. You're trying to wipe away as much as possible. Wipe stems too. Wipe everything then treat with milk spray. I'll tell ya that SM-90 is good, kills bugs and keeps em off too. Good luck

You should wipe the leaves with the neem solution or the milk soaked into the paper towel. If you wipe it with only water, you will just be spreading it.

You should wipe the leaves with the neem solution or the milk soaked into the paper towel. If you wipe it with only water, you will just be spreading it.

If I give it a proper clean up, the white powder won't reappear as soon as the leaf dries? Or will this take mutipyle days to see effects?

If I give it a proper clean up, the white powder won't reappear as soon as the leaf dries? Or will this take mutipyle days to see effects?

It probably won't go away immediately. At least not noticeably. It will probably take a few days to go away and even then, there might be some spots left. Your mildew problem is pretty bad. I'm not sure at what point is becomes lethal to a plant, but I've never seen one that was that covered. If I were you, I would get something like Serenade Garden Disease Spray. It has a strain of bacillus subtillis that eats molds and mildews.

Also, mildew problems are generally are directly caused by excessive moisture. It could mean a couple things.
1. It is raining too much or the humidity outside is consistently too high causing the mildew to propagate
2. You might be watering too much
3. Your soil might not be draining well enough and could be staying damp for prolonged periods of time

It probably won't go away immediately. At least not noticeably. It will probably take a few days to go away and even then, there might be some spots left. Your mildew problem is pretty bad. I'm not sure at what point is becomes lethal to a plant, but I've never seen one that was that covered. If I were you, I would get something like Serenade Garden Disease Spray. It has a strain of bacillus subtillis that eats molds and mildews.

Also, mildew problems are generally are directly caused by excessive moisture. It could mean a couple things.
1. It is raining too much or the humidity outside is consistently too high causing the mildew to propagate
2. You might be watering too much
3. Your soil might not be draining well enough and could be staying damp for prolonged periods of time
The white was just on a leaf or two and then a thunder storm hit and I suppose it spread the mold everywhere else cuz the next morning it was a nightmare. I'm going to scrub those leaves good today and cut some of the growth. Also I've noticed when I water and the dirt floats up I can see a lot of root work. If I don't water everyday my plant is wilted. I should add a couple layers of dirt to slow down watering?

Thanks for mentioning that, I was detailing what I read about wiping it down with water first, but I actually used paper towels soaked in the SM-90 foliar solution. Same with milk or neem you think, diluted to foliar ratio or straight up?

OP whatever you choose it's prolly going to be an ongoing battle. I just visited my outdoor grow and have a little on the lower stems again. I am having to water twice a week but it's in ground with good mix and drainage. Almost zero rain in three weeks, it's been the humidity and stagnant air, plant is dripping with dew in the mornings. I'll be wiping down the stems and foliar spraying tomorrow.

Thanks for mentioning that, I was detailing what I read about wiping it down with water first, but I actually used paper towels soaked in the SM-90 foliar solution. Same with milk or neem you think, diluted to foliar ratio or straight up?

OP whatever you choose it's prolly going to be an ongoing battle. I just visited my outdoor grow and have a little on the lower stems again. I am having to water twice a week but it's in ground with good mix and drainage. Almost zero rain in three weeks, it's been the humidity and stagnant air, plant is dripping with dew in the mornings. I'll be wiping down the stems and foliar spraying tomorrow.

I'm not 100%sure on how, specifically, PM responds to water, but mold and mildews generally thrive on water and moisture content so I'm fairly certain that wiping it with only water, will spread your problem as it would with any other similar species. I usually make up the spray bottle with the solution that I plan to spray the plants with and then I break out the paper towels and wipe everything with that solution before I spray them.

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with PM on the leaves in quite a while :wood:, but I live in a very dry region of the world so it seems to be easier to combat than for most people. Every once in a while, I will get PM on the bases of the stems of clones and that is the process I use to get rid of it.

IMG_20150806_100334.jpg

Did I defoliate correctly? I cleared up a lot of clutter to help prevent moisture build up between the leaves I read that somewhere.
I also started wiping each individual leaf with cut up pieces of spong. Didn't have paper towels. I couldn't finish because I had to go to work. I should wait til tomorrow morning to finish so I don't burn my bud? I'm going to keep posting pics every few days. I want my plant to live.

I think you did that perfectly considering the situation you were in. She should start to fill out again within the next week or two. What did you use in the sponging water? Keep it dry for as long as possible now. If it's forecast to rain at night, I would bring her inside or put her under an overhang on your house or something. Same if it's raining during the day or if it might rain while you're at work or something. It's really important that she doesn't get rained on for at least a couple weeks. I have a tarp set up at my house so I can put sensitive plants under it during inclement weather, but the sun can still get to them if I'm not around when it stops raining/hailing.

I think you did that perfectly considering the situation you were in. She should start to fill out again within the next week or two. What did you use in the sponging water? Keep it dry for as long as possible now. If it's forecast to rain at night, I would bring her inside or put her under an overhang on your house or something. Same if it's raining during the day or if it might rain while you're at work or something. It's really important that she doesn't get rained on for at least a couple weeks. I have a tarp set up at my house so I can put sensitive plants under it during inclement weather, but the sun can still get to them if I'm not around when it stops raining/hailing.

The sponge I used was soaked in 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon of neem concentrate and 1 tablespoon of baking soda to alter my leaves PH levels. All of that was mixed into a half gallon sprayer. I sprayed my sponge and my plant and scrubbed it. Its 104 degrees outside ATM and really humid.

Back
Top Bottom