White Rhino Fem In 4-Way Scrog Under CMH 315W Gaslight Schedule

Heya YB, see you had a bubble prob, lol.
Sometimes happens before roots hit water, hand water until they do, especially in rockwool.
They come back real good, love that vertical hood...

Heya YB, see you had a bubble prob, lol.
Sometimes happens before roots hit water, hand water until they do, especially in rockwool.
They come back real good, love that vertical hood...
Yes, the first stage of what media to use next time Is something I'm thinking about. I saw a clay pebble-coco mix somewhere. I shall look into that. The thing is, I'm not rushing to get the plant in hydro until the roots have been air-pruned and bushed up a fair bit. They don't look bad now but I need some media that will let me hand water ok until then. Bit of a scruffy start I think but not unexpected, given my inexperience with DWC..

I noticed the water temp was a bit high at 27C and thought the UV from the lamp and black container surface absorbing it were causing it. After some thought I tried covering it with the opaque white plastic reflective sheet you see on top of it and it has knocked the water temp down to 22C which is more to my liking.

Using just GH nutrients in 5.5 pHed water at 2ml/UK gallon and the pH has held at 6 for over 24 hours.

That hood is fab because it is so light and you can pull it apart in a couple of minutes. The light on the plant is just so intense and even. Not even at full power yet. The maker claims a 40% increase in ppf efficiency over those adjusta-wing ones but the proof of the pudding...

So far, I'm pretty impressed with the CMH lighting.

I was talking to my downstairs neighbour today and he mentioned there was a noise that was quite loud. Although I'm friendly with him and was actually doing for him I didn't tell him. I've surmised my system is too noisy, for wood floorboards so I've dismantled everything. The air pumps are too noisy and were actually pissing me off a bit. I'm surrounded by too many people for a hydro grow, so I need to just have airflow as the only thing on constantly. Shall look into a more static way of doing it.

Mission aborted. This thread can be closed by the mods if they wish...

sorry to hear this mate, cant you put some sort of material on the floor to dampen the sound? maybe hang the pumps so the dont touch the floor?... good luck with your next grow :thumb:

sorry to hear this mate, cant you put some sort of material on the floor to dampen the sound? maybe hang the pumps so the dont touch the floor?... good luck with your next grow :thumb:
There's the churning of bubbles breaking the water surface to deal with as well echoing against the plastic top. I still had another pump to add. I think the tent acts to amplify the noise and also 60L of water and tank vibrating against the floor.

My current grow is a mostly clay pebbles, on top i have a small amount of "Trpic Bat Mix" which is 40% coco, 60% peat with some bat guano thrown in... its only there to start the seedlings off and get the plant established. after that i use autopots which are gravity powered so make no noise

You could possibly just transfer the net pot into coco now, coco is such an easy medium to use, water at 5.8 and the roots will take soon.
I've killed the plant now... maybe in haste but I was annoyed that I wasn't stealthy enough. I'm not desperate for a smoke and the learning is the main driver for me, so no harm done but the loss of a couple of hundred quid in buying stuff I won't use again, like the tank and air pumps.

I'm in the same position buddy with neighbours I would lobe to do a full dwc setup but until I can afford some sound matting it won't be happening, i have got a 6" Tornado extractor hooked up to cool hoods/tubes, this helps me with a 4x4 & 4x8 tent at once, with the aid of a length of acoustic piping its ultra stealthy.

Coco is great to work with, here is a great thread on coco, cult has got his coco skills perfect. How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

I'm in the same position buddy with neighbours I would lobe to do a full dwc setup but until I can afford some sound matting it won't be happening, i have got a 6" Tornado extractor hooked up to cool hoods/tubes, this helps me with a 4x4 & 4x8 tent at once, with the aid of a length of acoustic piping its ultra stealthy.

Coco is great to work with, here is a great thread on coco, cult has got his coco skills perfect. How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule
Thanks, I'll have a look.

just food for thought for the future as others have mentioned sound deadening, you could set your tub on egg foam which is inexpensive and sound deadening as well as build a box for your airpump. Heck you could set your tent on top of it and insulate it from the floor . until next journal ..:Namaste:

just food for thought for the future as others have mentioned sound deadening, you could set your tub on egg foam which is inexpensive and sound deadening as well as build a box for your airpump. Heck you could set your tent on top of it and insulate it from the floor . until next journal ..:Namaste:
I'm going to try a few sound tests but I'm fancying coco-style now even though it might take a bit longer.

I'm going to try a few sound tests but I'm fancying coco-style now even though it might take a bit longer.
its hydro for soil lovers and you will still see excellent growth rates on top of that its easier to grow multiple strains as you don't have to concern yourself with harvest times as they are in their own container.

its hydro for soil lovers and you will still see excellent growth rates on top of that its easier to grow multiple strains as you don't have to concern yourself with harvest times as they are in their own container.

I agree, for me coco was a natural progession from soil towards full hydro... not sure if i will go all the way as clay/coco is performing well and it`s easy to manage

I agree, for me coco was a natural progession from soil towards full hydro... not sure if i will go all the way as clay/coco is performing well and it`s easy to manage
There seems to be more expertise here in coco-style, so that's probably the way to go for me. Just got my Ionic hydro grow. looks Like I'm going to get the coco-version now. :)

There seems to be more expertise here in coco-style, so that's probably the way to go for me. Just got my Ionic hydro grow. looks Like I'm going to get the coco-version now. :)
Their are definitely more coco and soil growers here . The hydro side of the forums has always been a little quiet .

Back
Top Bottom