White Russian - First Deep Water Culture Grow

endive thanks for the link to low stress training, i read through it and will definitely try that on the next grow after I've gained more confidence haha. After the next nodes sprout I'll begin FIM-ing, don't think I can screw that up :grinjoint:

again thanks everyone for all the support! i'll post more pics as the plants continue to grow. Finally bought some 3% hydrogen peroxide and have added 1 tsp/gallon to make sure I have no more algea/root rot problems (water pump kept raising res. temps so I finally took it out since I have enough roots in the water). On top of the 8 step recovery method, I would recommend also completely cleaning your res. with bleach/hot water. This helped really kill everything, as well as soaking the airstone in bleach water. However, I thoroughly rinsed and re-soaked (Ph'ed) the airstones in clean water 4 additional times before adding it back to the res. to make sure all bleach was gone. As of today the battle I've been waging here and there finally ended.

Roots looking much healthier, smell is that of fresh lettuce/sprouts, water is clear, plants leafs are a healthy green.

Ph = 5.5, Room temp = 78-80, Res Temp = 60-65, and Humidity is 50.

Update:

The ladies are doing great and it looks like I finally understand nutes, root-rot prevention, 8-step cure, and growing in general. All but the runt are 2-3" in height looking really healthy.

IMG_022411.JPG

Also it should be noted for a week now I have been doing 1tsp/gallon of hydrogren peroxide 3% daily. I pour 1 tsp of the stuff into a shot glass which is then mixed with Ph'ed water. Then I gently push the babies to the side and pour the mixture down the rockwool so it hits the roots top to bottom, plant by plant for a total of 6tsps in a 6 gallon reservoir (just so happens I have 6 plants as well so I try to give them equal proportions). As you may have read I ran into root problems and this simple solution saved them. New root growth and continued growth from the roots that were suffering has been very calming.

IMG_022713.JPG

:thanks:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom