White Russian's 12 days old - Problems!

FreshGrass

Hoping someone would help guide me through my current mess... I popped 6 white russian fem's (ss) on Oct.28. I used the paper towel method but just barely allowed the tap root to pop.. them I dropped them in 1.5 inch rockwool. They broke surface on the 31st, roughly. I had the rockwool in a tray with no lid, on top of hydroton for a few days and as soon as the first tap root broke out the bottom I put them in a started RDWC that I made. I started using 200ppm Aqua Flakes a&b from the start.. Hand watering. Everything was going pretty sweet until I started seeing deficiencies in the fastest plants (largest with roots in the water). All the babies are showing problems.. They biggest 3 with roots in the water show it and the 3 without roots in the water are stunted... I bumped my nutes up to 300ppm at 500 conversion.. er, closer to .4 EC but no change. It spread to the new growth.
My water temps are 70-73... air temps 75-80.. I got 4 T5HO's with reflectors over them on 24/0 about 5 inches away. When I bumped up my EC I also added drip Algen Extract and had been using 2ml of drip clean from the start of the rDWC.. The container hold 25 gallons of water.
Biggest Plant
IMG_18756.jpg

Next
IMG_18706.jpg

Next
IMG_18718.jpg

And the 3 smalles without roots in the water
IMG_18846.jpg

IMG_18837.jpg

IMG_18736.jpg

The Set Up
IMG_18726.jpg

The next set up.. If I make it that far...
IMG_18792.jpg

This set up with hold 3 plants in each container in 6 inch net pots and hydroton... They are supposed to end up as mothers and I'm hoping to figure out with of the 6 is killer bud after they cuttings flower out here..
IMG_186311.jpg

Would appreciate any help..... at all. I got these CHEESEBURGERS MAN.... come on man... I'll..... just hook me up:thumb:

Wow.... I should proof read. I forgot to say that I have a 340gph air pump with 2 12" air stones bubling on the bottom as well as a Danner7, 700gph recirculating pump going... Pulls in one side and into the other, with a home made venturi on the outlet side pushing air in as well..
IMG_18549.jpg

IMG_186411.jpg

House and garden said:
This A/B formulation nutrient works like a coco feed in that there are no specific grow and bloom variations - you simply use equal parts of A and B bottles throughout your grow. We only recommend this nutrient for use in conjunction with the full House & Garden additives range.

looks like your missing some nutrients bro.

I Strongly reccomend looking at our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients

not only do you get some amazing foods at unbeatable prices but the boss is with us on these forums and will bend over backwards to help!

im not affiliated with them in any way whatsoever, but ill be honest and say i would be proud to be :rofl:

Well.. thanks for the info bro.. didn't think anyone was gonna chime in with any advice at all. A couple opinions other than changing my food regiment was that I was overfeeding them. I'm using the aqua flakes a&b not the coco a&b and have only left out a couple of the additives. I also have Botanicare CalMag+ to work with.

I may consider another food but would much rather finish what I have first, even if I have to buy the full line. I only left out Amino Treatment, which is a new product anyways and not part of their original line up... roots excelurater and multi zen. I have the rest.

I would be more inclined to blame the grower on this one, rather than the nutrient line.

Any other ideas? My PH has been between 5.7 and 6.1 but mostly at 5.8-5.9.

Sorry, I see that you have quoted what looks like, information about Aqua Flakes A&B...? Well the only nutrient I have left out is Multi Zen and I'm not sure that is critical. I e-mailed H&G a month back and mentioned that I would be leaving those previous mentioned products out and they said I would be fine without... As of now, I've reduced my feed to .2 EC to bring down the heat and allow them to recover from being cooked... What do you think.

I drained out 15 of the 25 gallons and added strait RO water, which brought the EC down to .2.

ph sounds fine. i think your water temps are too high. 65f is better for anti slime e.t.c

that is the aqua flakes afaik
House & Garden Aqua Flakes A & B - Green's Horticulture
(public note: ^ not advertising their products just linking data...we have much better suppliers as sponsors imho)

are you using the h&g calculators? i dont see any mention of h202 anywhere...have you considered using it to help them a bit.

im sorry i dont know anything about EC and ppms, but i have seen mention up to 2.0 ec and 1080ppm (full strength) mentioned on the web...not that you would use that much nutes for babies.

I'm reeeeeeal new to this, so I don't have any baseline to reference to. I appreciate all thoughts on this. My tap water is like 7ph and after I run it through the RO it drops to 5.4. Don't really know why but after a couple hours it runs on the PH.. I adjust it down a little at a time. I let it climb to 6.1 and slowly bring it back down to 5.8 and after a couple adjustments it stays there pretty much.

I know that I've done too much to quickly. I think I should have kept it more simple and not tried adding nutes so quick. I believe I added too much to begin with then added more. Not totally sure but since then I have reduced down to .2 EC or around 150ppm @ 500 and flushed the rockwool with PH'd water to take any heat out.

3 of the babies don't have roots in the water so now just have PH'd water in the wool plus maybe a tiny bit of left over nutes that didn't get flushed... My RO water is 30ppm.

Right now the EC is made up of Aqua Flakes A&B and a bit of Algen extract. Hoping for the best:)

Thanks man for the input. Feel free to add anything anytime and I'll update if things get better or worse.

Hey AZ.. how was turkey day? I'm still stuck down in Mexico, bad internet connection to boot. I'm using RO water at 30ppm. I put them in dirt and gave straight water and they straightned out. Partner tried giving a light feed of 150 ppm last night and they are getting little brown spots again... I'm thinking that I gotta keep it real light until they can take it. These Russians don't want it.

Turkey day in CA. went great. Hated to leave all of our family to go back to AZ. Then when we got home I found a everything out from some electrical problem, just glad the house didnt burn. I tested and tested for 3 days before we left. The fricken equip. was all on a 50 amp circuit??? Was hoping t come home to plants twice the size, except there alive at least but have been in the dark for prob. 2 days if not all 3. There starting to show there sex and now Im worried there starting to flower and will take a break due to having to revert? F!
I am greatful that we still have a house to live in and not having to answer a bunch of questions to the landlord and the fire chief.
Whats up with being stuck down South?

Back
Top Bottom