White spots in leaves

edgar lopes

hello. i'm new here, so if i do something wrong sorry. I saw a lot of post with the same question but none with a specific answer. my plant is getting white spots in the leaves. they say it could be spider sites or powdery mildew, but i thinks its none of them. anyone know what that means?

fotografia_31.JPG
fotografia_21.JPG
fotografia_11.JPG

here's a post it the exact same problem:
What are these spots on my leaves?

It's spider mites. I'm 98% percent sure. Look at the undersides of the affected leaves. If there are lots of motionless white specks (eggs) and some black specks moving around (adults), then it's definitely spider mites.

There are several foliar controls: Azamax, sns spider mite, mighty wash, green cleaner, organicide, ect. There are several homemade recipes too (ie the garlic/cayenne spray). What ever you use, I would add 1TBSP of isopropyl alcohol per gallon of foliar spray (at least for the first spray or two (it makes it more effective). And maybe add a couple drops of dish soap per gallon if you're using hard water

I've already looked at the underside of the leaves and there's nothing like that. I can take some photos of the underside of the leaves so you can see. And all leaves are affected... Since they start growing the little small spots begin to appear.

I've already looked at the underside of the leaves and there's nothing like that. I can take some photos of the underside of the leaves so you can see. And all leaves are affected... Since they start growing the little small spots begin to appear.

With the quality of the camera that you took the last pictures with, we wouldn't be able to see the mites or eggs. It's possible you could need a jewlers loupe to see them. They are very small (thousands of eggs could fit on one of those leaves, and hundreds of mites). Another trick is to take some damaged leaves off and shake them over a piece of white paper and then look at the paper to see if you can find any tiny bugs. We're talking like 1/4 of the size of a (.) period.

Spider Mites are the most common pest problem on pot, from my experience.It is also one of the most difficult for me to control if allowed to get well established! Act fast! The good advise about identifying mites and some control tools mentioned already, can save your crop from almost certain destruction! Azatrol and neem extract has helped me if used early and followup treatments are made as needed(usually you never get eradication just "control") Auto flowering with the faster life cycle seem to outrun the mites and I have never had a problem indoors on auto flowering that needed treatment ,so far! That is probably just luck! I never take my indoor plants outside and return them inside or visa versa, the outdoor plants stay outside! That has made the spider mite problem rare indoors. Another thing that helps is to change clothes and wash your hands/wear exam gloves before entering and working with your indoor grow. If you use tools , pots or anything from outside, wash them before using them inside your grow room. That includes gravel, plant stands, or whatever! I remove my shoes before entering a grow room. A fast, healthy grow is your best insurance inside or out. I like organic nutrition sources and good compost is great for making plants strong and pest resistant. I have probably introduced spider mite eggs that were in the compost into the grow room before, but maybe the healthy fast growing plants and the soil organisms symbiotically fight the mites and reduce hatching and feeding. When growing hydroponically and using "factory foods", be sure your getting a good trace element package and pay closer attention to ph and the grow temperatures (both air and water temps). Do not over feed concentrated sources of plant nutrition. Over and under watering outside or in soil grows indoors stresses plants and seems to call the spider mites. Using lots of well made compost does seem to build immunity to problems somewhat, it buffers and alters ph in good ways, it retains soil moisture while improving tilth and drainage, encourages beneficial bacteria colonies and grows strong healthy cell structure. Just relax have a smoke,spray your plants a few times and keep on growing!

Back
Top Bottom