White Widow 1st Grow

it's been a bit over 3 weeks into flowering and everything appears to be on track. A couple of plants got a bit burned when they grew too close to the light, I've moved the light to the highest I can, and it looks like the plants have stopped growing up and the height appears to be fine. The buds are filling in well, I'm giving the plants fert with every watering (every other day), and everything looks well. I think that harvest should be in about 3 more weeks, I haven't had any tricomes developing on the buds or leaves yet, and I'll harvest when they start turning milky. I'm pretty excited about how the results will be, the quality of weed I'v had for a while has been average at best, so if I do this grow well and get excellent quality bud, I'll be quite pleased. Then comes the longest wait of all, drying and curing, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Here are the pics:

021310-06.jpg

021310-05.jpg

021310-04.jpg

021310-03.jpg

021310-02.jpg

021310-01.jpg

All I can say is keep doing what you do. Looks like you are well on ur way for a very nice first harvest. Your ladies are very healthy from the looks of it. +reps

thank you thank you, all i have to say is look out if I get this right, cause there will be weed growing in my closet in perpetutity

So the transplanting went well today, I put them into 8" pots and soaked them pretty well. I had a solid root structure, it was high time to transplant the guys. I was surprised how much growth I've had in the past week, my roommate was gone for four days and was amazed at the progress. I even noticed that the chlorisis on the leaves has reduced. I will continue with the 2 tsp/gal rate of Big Bloom for now and see how the plants take it. I plan on continuing the veg cycle for maybe three more weeks. I figure I will be able to sex the plants in another two weeks. Ive moved the lights to within 16" of the top of the plant. I'm pretty happy with the progress, I just hope the guys make it through the next couple days strong.

I love the gravel on top it keeps the potting soil from eroding away
rsz_044.jpg

Still waiting on some ideas on yield :)
Turd,
Just stumbled onto your journal. I can't really tell you how much you'll harvest, as a lot depends on you. I just harvested 4 white widows, and got 14 ozs., with a 400 watt hps and one 90 watt led used as side lighting. I personally don't think the 400 watt light will support 6 plants. I would also lst them now and top them .

So you should flip a few pages ahead and see where I've gone :D Fourteen oz is outstanding, I have 3 pretty beefy gals so that would be bitchin to come close to that. I FIM pruned one of my plants and I really like how that's going. The plant I did that to has branched out 5 different ways each stalk looks like it will yield a solid amount. So far so good, ROCK ON

So you should flip a few pages ahead and see where I've gone :D Fourteen oz is outstanding, I have 3 pretty beefy gals so that would be bitchin to come close to that. I FIM pruned one of my plants and I really like how that's going. The plant I did that to has branched out 5 different ways each stalk looks like it will yield a solid amount. So far so good, ROCK ON
Turd,
I am all caught up to the last post in your journal. And yes, it's to late to do any of that stuff now. Personally, I think you have the right amount of plants for a 2 X3 space. Two ft. wide is not enough to put two plants side by side. Would'nt surprise me to see you harvest 10 ozs. And if you follow the soil feeding directions, suggested for the FF ferts., you won't go wrong. But now you need to add a little cal-mag to the mix. And I find the widow i grew needs about 9 weeks to finish. I bought feminized seeds from narvana and that was a big mistake, as 30 per cent turned out to be males. What are you using for the smell ??:roorrip:

If I got 10 oz out of this grow....good lord I might not make it to work for a few weeks!!!! On this grow I ended up with 50% females, I'll have to find that cal-mag right quick as there aren't any places nearby that I could pick something like that up. As to ordor, I havent had a problem with smell yet, just starting to get tricomes to develop so no stinkiness. The house is pretty secure, there arent people coming around, and we have control over the area. However if it does get too stinky the plan is to get an exhaust fan in the closet and suck the air into the attic space while filtering it to knock down the smell. Damn 9 weeks for full flowering is a bit depressing, as that now doubles my wait time! But I'm in it to win it, and I'll harvest no bud before its time.

Wow bro my Medical 1024 at 3 weeks of 12/12 looks just like your WW, with the white hairs all sprouting out. I can't shoot close ups, so I just wanted to say that.

Great job!! & :bravo:

I decided to be productive today and do something I should have done for the start and line my closet with mylar. I had a roll for a while but never got to putting it up. I want to have the max amount of light hitting all these buds and this should help some. I pulled the plants out to do this, and the growth in the past few days has been pretty amazing. I was surprised to see how full the buds had become since Saturday. The buds have grown together and are filling in. I'm starting to see crystals developing on the hairs and the smaller leaves. So I'll keep on trucking and here are the pics.......

021610-01.jpg

021610-02.jpg

021610-03.jpg

021610-04.jpg

021610-05.jpg

021610-06.jpg

Ok so its been a while and things have been getting a bit hairy in the closet (and not in the good way). I've been struggling with a problem now showing in two of my plants. This started out in one about 3 weeks ago, a yellowing of the leaves followed by a lack of vigor. The plant it started in was the one that I FIM pruned and has gigantic buds, so I thought that the yellowing was due to it producing buds so big that it was growing faster than the nutrients I was giving it. It kind of looked like a lack of Mg or K so started giving it my veg fert as well as some Cal-Mag that I got. I've been doing that for about 2 weeks now with little results. My new theory is that I have a salt buildup in my soil so I giving both plants a pure water flush for a bit of time. I've been on the flush for 2 days, maybe keep it up for 2-3 more. Along with the yellowing there has been a pause in any development of the buds. On the big plants the buds all got their hairs and stopped, the hairs haven't really turned brown and there has been minimal crystal development. In the past few days there has been the slightest move forward, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to get the most out of these plants. On the plants that do have crystals, they are staying clear, I really haven't noticed anything turning milky, or even brown. Some more data to consider.....the light source is about 10 inches away, it doesn't seem too hot in the closet, but during the day I run a fan to keep things cool. I don't think I'm over watering, each plant gets about 16 oz of water, and I was checking the soil with my fingers and did not notice anything that I wold consider soggy. That's another reason I have the fan going to keep transpiration constant and hedge against over watering. I'm at a loss, so I turn to you wonderful stoner community to help me save the day, you're my only hope, I don't want to see Alderon explode!!!!

Here are the pics, these are from the second plant and the signs are the same I had with the first, it was just easier to get this gal out of the closet to snap some shots.

rsz_602.jpg

rsz_603.jpg

rsz_604.jpg

rsz_605.jpg

rsz_606.jpg

Turd...if you look at our grow thread we just got thru battling a problem that featured some of the leaf curling your plants are showing...our grow is widows too. The problem was reversed using a massive flush (12 gals per plant pH balanced water) followed by half-strength nutes with 1/2 tsp of epsom salts. We weren't showing some of the advanced chlorosis that your plants show (yellow margins, green veins) but the claw-looking leaf curl looked identical. We found the flush a miracle worker. I would imagine at the very least it wouldn't hurt in your case. Good luck.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

We are moving this to abandoned journals, until there are some updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom