White Widow auto 115 days from sprout

DaveL

This Sativa dominant auto is taking forever to finish.
The pic of the top of the main cola is the best I can get without a macro lense.
I'm beginning to think it just won't go amber.
Sampled a bud this morning that I cut close to a week ago. Lovely buzz. But will it get even better leaving it much longer?
All comments and or suggestions welcome.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• DSC_0572.JPG
    DSC_0572.JPG
    471 KB · Views: 205
Thanks LT. It seems I've been saying just another week for a while now. haha. Must have patience. Running low for the first time in ages.

Some plants take longer than most sometimes... I'd would give it another 8 days. I've seen buds change a great deal in one week. @ the end of the day you're already getting a lovely buzz ; which can only get better. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumb:
Said it all :popcorn:
Nice looking nug there too.

I'll give it another week before sampling...
same for you eh, LT.
Think thats prolly the single most important lesson i'm learning: patience, patience & more patience....

Good luck folks
W

I know the feeling. I almost sampled my NL earlier when I know perfectly well that more time is needed. I'll give it another week before sampling... :yummy:

4.jpg
Looks pretty darned amber to me. I'm wondering if I'm not taking pics properly. Using my wife's Nikon D-90 with a 18-55 lense in natural indoor light with flash in auto mode. I need to save the pics to my computer then zoom in. I have a 30/60 jewelers loop but when I look through it all I see is sparkly stuff.

Looks pretty darned amber to me. I'm wondering if I'm not taking pics properly. Using my wife's Nikon D-90 with a 18-55 lense in natural indoor light with flash in auto mode. I need to save the pics to my computer then zoom in. I have a 30/60 jewelers loop but when I look through it all I see is sparkly stuff.

zoom in while taking the picture, wait for the image to stabilize then you should be able to see the trichomes in detail then take a steady picture. I've got a bit of amber showing but by far most of it is clear... I'm shooting for 70 % Amber :yummy:

zoom in while taking the picture, wait for the image to stabilize then you should be able to see the trichomes in detail then take a steady picture. I've got a bit of amber showing but by far most of it is clear... I'm shooting for 70 % Amber :yummy:

Looks yummy already

Perfectly normal for autos to take that time mate. She looks awesome, gotta full plant shot?
Also, I go by when they stop feeding to let me know as my eyes can't see the trich but she looks done to me.
Harvest now for a buzz. Few days time for somewhere in the middle and leave it a week if you want more of a stoney stone. :)

Perfectly normal for autos to take that time mate. She looks awesome, gotta full plant shot?
Also, I go by when they stop feeding to let me know as my eyes can't see the trich but she looks done to me.
Harvest now for a buzz. Few days time for somewhere in the middle and leave it a week if you want more of a stoney stone. :)
The most recent is June 7th of the whole plant. I'll grab another shot Tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC_0533.JPG
    DSC_0533.JPG
    428.2 KB · Views: 169
Optical illusion. Its on a kitchen island. Actually about 30 inches. Not counting the 3 gallon fabric pot. It was grown with another seed from the same batch which produced a much more indica leaning pheno. Never grew above 14 inches but produced about 50 grams dry. These two plants had some challenges from the start. Transplanting too early. Some ph issues causing calcium/magnesium and iron deficiencies. Grown in Promix BX with not enough perlite added. I like Promix, but the HP M version. Next time I'll get what I want, not what's available. This stuff is not readily available at a decent price here during the winter months. But it is now.

couchlock.jpg

Niiiiiiiice.....
:goodjob:
Is there a guide for different curing and drying steps/methods for specific effects that people abide by?

Or do y’all simply flower for longer for more body high and shorter time for a cerebral giddy high?

"The “couchlock” or sedating effect happens towards the end of the harvest window, when the trichomes have become a darker color (usually amber/gold). The best results from amber trichomes come from indica strains. The amber/yellow trichomes contribute to a ‘body high’. Some of the THC has converted into less psychoactive CBN, which has calming and anti-anxiety effects. With some strains, the trichomes will even turn red or purple!"

I like to harvest around when 30% have turned amber. At this point 70-90% of the pistils have darkened. Harvesting later will increase the sedating effects, but may also start reducing the psychoactive effects.

Curing & Drying you treat it like any other crop.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom