White Widow Auto Using FoxFarm Ocean Forest

Tim

Planted the night of Jan 18th 2019.

I start my germination in a Peat pod that was expanded with PHed cal-mag water and then placed in the soil for continuous growth without having to transplant. Less stress!! Mykos mycorrhizae was put on peat pod with the seed as well and around and under the peat pod in the ocean forest soil. Once these girls reach about 3 weeks-old I will move them into my other grow space with the 1500 watt king led.

3 gallon Fabric Smart Pot
Seed - In peat pod with Mykos Mycorrhizae
Soil - FoxFarm Ocean Forest
2X2x4 tent with 300w WattShine LED
Water PH 6.5
78F
60 Humidity
15478703478044516515678417909121.jpg

Soil - FoxFarm Ocean Forest

Do you add any perlite? Most people add a little; some folks add a lot. I mix at a 3:1 ratio.

Do you add any perlite? Most people add a little; some folks add a lot. I mix at a 3:1 ratio.
I did not add any. I've seen people do it, I've seen people just use it out of the bag. Hopefully all works well for me!!

I did not add any. I've seen people do it, I've seen people just use it out of the bag. Hopefully all works well for me!!

You may or may not see drainage / root aeration issues and your containers taking longer to dry out than expected after a good watering; I wouldn't know, because the only soil I've ever used straight out of the bag was cactus soil (and for cactii). Having read reports here and there from people who didn't add perlite, you might be reasonably expected to encounter soil compaction issues with FFOF later in your grow (closer to harvest). Again, this is just speculation on my part, because I have always added a significant amount to soil (and generally add bread when making a sandwich, too ;) ). Although, come to think of it, the fact that you are growing an autoflowering strain may help partially offset that by giving you a somewhat shorter seed-to-harvest time.

Speaking of strains, who was the breeder of those White Widow Auto seeds?

You may or may not see drainage / root aeration issues and your containers taking longer to dry out than expected after a good watering; I wouldn't know, because the only soil I've ever used straight out of the bag was cactus soil (and for cactii). Having read reports here and there from people who didn't add perlite, you might be reasonably expected to encounter soil compaction issues with FFOF later in your grow (closer to harvest). Again, this is just speculation on my part, because I have always added a significant amount to soil (and generally add bread when making a sandwich, too ;) ). Although, come to think of it, the fact that you are growing an autoflowering strain may help partially offset that by giving you a somewhat shorter seed-to-harvest time.

Speaking of strains, who was the breeder of those White Widow Auto seeds?
Thank you for the input!!. Yeah I didn't know much about adding perlite to the ocean Forest until later on when I started reading more about it hopefully everything will be okay because it's kind of too late now for that on these two grows...lol.

As far as the seed.. the breeder of this Auto is "Ministry Of Cannabis" I did order from my "go to" seed bank for these which is GYO.

I hope you don't encounter issues.

Seems like every breeder has their own version of White Widow (and/or White Widow Auto) these days. Please consider posting a smoke report (at the appropriate time) on it.

And, of course, good luck with your grow!

Feb-22nd-2019
DAY 32
She is loving her Ocean Forest home as well as the new 1000w White (Sun Simulation) LED
She was Topped a couple weeks ago and is growing strong.
Emerald Harvest 3 part Nutes have been used and she loves that as well

Subbed as your grow is very similar to mine only real difference is you are two weeks ahead of me. I have white widow, Done in jiffy pucks, moved into a jiffy cup with another puck. and then all of it settled into FFOF. I did mix my FFOF with perlite. Took the whole bag and a 3 gallon smart fabric pot of perlite to mix it all together. Pic was taken moments ago. you can see the peat puck and lip of a jiffy cup. I did cut holes into the cup as I heard roots will need to fight to overcome it.

Subbed as your grow is very similar to mine only real difference is you are two weeks ahead of me. I have white widow, Done in jiffy pucks, moved into a jiffy cup with another puck. and then all of it settled into FFOF. I did mix my FFOF with perlite. Took the whole bag and a 3 gallon smart fabric pot of perlite to mix it all together. Pic was taken moments ago. you can see the peat puck and lip of a jiffy cup. I did cut holes into the cup as I heard roots will need to fight to overcome it.
Nice brother... Is your WW an Autoflower or Photo? Now in gonna have to follow you and your grow so we can compare!! She looks happy!!

Your grow looks real nice. Just wanted to add info on the perlite topic that has gone on. FFO works good without adding and better with. If you ever think of adding it the mix of 3 solo cups perlite full for half bag and 6 solo cups full for whole bag of ffo. Has worked outstanding for a little over six years for me. I also add one inch layer of clay pellets on the bottom of pots. The clay pellets are real good investment and can be reused over and over. Take care I wish you the best

How big are the solo cups. I read a 30% mix is good. with 1.5 cubic feet or 42 liters I had it calculated out and when all was said and done. I got five 3 gallon pots. mathematically speaking, 4 pots FFOF with one pot of perlite. I am probably about 20% perlite with mine. Only reason I even had perlite here was I had planned on Coco coir until I read about buffering after I had hydrated it and mixed in perlite. This site is such a learning experience and the help is appreciated. I am looking forward to seeing where mine will be in 14 days time as compared to Tims.

My WW is photo. I had seeded two WW, two Chocolope and two Purple kush but only one WW, one Chocolope and both PK came up. I didn't want auto as the others are photo. Seeing as this is my first grow, I cannot believe how fast they are growing. It's literally like a weed. lol
Yeah the grow quick. Mine is an Auto WW.. I quad mainlined her at 2 weeks and she took nicely to it.. But of course she is an Auto so she wont get real real big or produce a shit amount of flower but I do hope she turns out good!! Good luck with yours bud.

Your grow looks real nice. Just wanted to add info on the perlite topic that has gone on. FFO works good without adding and better with. If you ever think of adding it the mix of 3 solo cups perlite full for half bag and 6 solo cups full for whole bag of ffo. Has worked outstanding for a little over six years for me. I also add one inch layer of clay pellets on the bottom of pots. The clay pellets are real good investment and can be reused over and over. Take care I wish you the best
Yeah I didnt know to add more perlite or I would have. I just bought the Ocean forest and loaded up my pots. They love the hell out of it so far!!

Average solo cup is 16oz so one full bag 1.5 cbf of ffo to 6 cups of solo cups of perlite = 96oz. Hope that helps.

Tagging along, looks great so far, nice training! Autos are like a challenge in my opinion, you have 4 to 6 weeks from seed to twist her proper and then GAME ON! Hands off and watch the magic happen! Do you plan to bottle feed soon? Just curious! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom