White Widow Fem, Inside 2 Cubic Feet, Soil Under LED

Katins

Hey guys, yet another attempt at growing WW feminized in my 2 cubic feet grow box.

I am using QB120 board for lighting and a DIY carbon filter.

Here she is, just "hatched" overnight.

I plan updating this journal weekly, unless I'm in a mood :)

Subbed. :)

Want a race?? :)

I am on day 5 at the moment of what i hope will be a quick grow. I am taking timing from when i put the seed in towel to germinate. Hopefully lots a small plants i will flip to 12/12 asap. Have put 29 fem seeds in a paper towel and so far have 20 popped and into jiffy pots. Nothing above ground yet.

Am hoping for better than my last planting. Got 22 popped in that one, but only wound up with 7 plants as the rest just never made it above ground. :( Not sure why but if i have a repeat of that will have to give serious though to technique.

Anyhow, was going to use spacebox with the LED but may use tent and 600W light. Bit depends on how many plants i get to use.

Anyhow, good luck with the new grow. :)

Subbed. :)

Want a race?? :)

I am on day 5 at the moment of what i hope will be a quick grow. I am taking timing from when i put the seed in towel to germinate. Hopefully lots a small plants i will flip to 12/12 asap. Have put 29 fem seeds in a paper towel and so far have 20 popped and into jiffy pots. Nothing above ground yet.

Am hoping for better than my last planting. Got 22 popped in that one, but only wound up with 7 plants as the rest just never made it above ground. :( Not sure why but if i have a repeat of that will have to give serious though to technique.

Anyhow, was going to use spacebox with the LED but may use tent and 600W light. Bit depends on how many plants i get to use.

Anyhow, good luck with the new grow. :)

If you put them instantly in your space box, it may have been that they simply dried out. I know you're not supposed to water it at first, but when I switched to LED, i give a teaspoon of water everyday directly around where I put my seed. and when it climbs above the ground, I try to keep the moist ring half an inch around the seedling. My LED's are quite hot, and combined with the fan they dry the top of the soil in no time. And looking at the plants in your space box, I noticed that your spacebox must be quite hot as well. Might be the cause of the failure.
Regarding a race, let's just see how they grow :)

Subbing up, I'm at the beginning of a new grow also. Mine have sprouted and most are on day 9, a couple are on day 13 today. I hope all your seeds sprout. Imo the most important thing is to keep the seeds in a warm place, around 85 if possible. Best of luck to you.✌️

Oooo, another one....Cool...... :thumb:

:popcorn:

Hey K - could you share some info on your installation of the extraction fan please? I’m thinking I’ll use 1 or 2 computer fans I have still in packets to pull air out of my little diy closet that I’m starting to prepare for my winter grow. I like how neat n tidy yours looks ;)

And - just tying yourself to a nice relaxed once a week update doesn’t mean you can’t hang out in here and chat in the meantime-between time :)

:Namaste:

Hey K - could you share some info on your installation of the extraction fan please? I’m thinking I’ll use 1 or 2 computer fans I have still in packets to pull air out of my little diy closet that I’m starting to prepare for my winter grow. I like how neat n tidy yours looks ;)

And - just tying yourself to a nice relaxed once a week update doesn’t mean you can’t hang out in here and chat in the meantime-between time :)

:Namaste:

High Amy :) I shall do it when I'm back home after work if you don't mind waiting a bit :)
And yeah, you're right about the hanging around part :)
By the way, congrats on your harvest. And too bad you already entered a pic for a contest.. that cola in blue is really a great shot :)

So, about my extraction fan. It is absolutely nothing fancy in there. I just reinforced the back wall of the box with a bit of plywood from inside. Drilled a 2-2,5 inch hole, and just screwed the fan dirrectly to the back wall. On the opposite side I did the same with my DIY flange that I made out of some empty supplements plastic jar. Later I attached my filter to it. It just happened to fit, you should have seen me in store trying to combine weirdest crap together :ganjamon:
If you shall take the extra effort (I didn't) and use some silicone, it will give you an extra bonus of slightly reduced noise (or at least lower Hz) and you'll be sure nothing is leaking and reducing your real exhaust. My fan is 3" and it has it's hands full. So if you plan to use a filter, and four QB's, like I saw in your drawings somewhere, I'd suggest you go for something bigger. Way bigger I'd dare to say. On the other hand, my filter is very small thus restricting the airflow badly. The bigger the filter, the better the air flow. That is taking carbon layer thicknes and fraction into account, but generally this is a rule of thumb. So it may actually work out for you if you have (unlike me) some height to put a biger filter above those lights.
Here is the pic of my fan:

On fans, i did much the same as you. 12V computer fan. Cheap (free salvage actually) and built for continuous duty. Have it hooked up to a 12volt adaptor plugged into the same power board as my light timer.

I'm in the happy position of not having to use a filter.

On my spacebox do have a light baffle on the ait intake and over the fan. Doesn't impede airflow.

On the main tent i just have 1 140mm computer fan on the roof vent that has now run continuous for about 8 months. Flow rate changes the air in the tent every 8-10 mins.

Good morning, and a cheerful wet and rainy day it is ( gonna smoke and read whatever the guys n gals of 420 have ta throw at me ) ...... Was looking at your 1st journal cause I want to play round with my box a bit.... your box measurements are in ft is it bud.... Remodel mine, but more thinking of doing a rebuild....

Morning Smeegs, the box is 2 cubic feet of "useful" space, 2 1/2 total. So it is 1×1×2 1/2

And the little one is slowly searching for her legs :) shall post a pic tomorrow:)

Back
Top Bottom