White Widow, First Outdoor Grow, 2019

You can defoliate in flower. Best to do it early but some people to it throughout flower. Check out grandmaster defoliation on YouTube. They take every dan leaf off at start of flower and midway through. Their plants are completely unfazed by it.
I would recon doing this divert some energy from producing bud BUT the upside is all bud site are getting even amount of light... just a thought

Last week I spilled a whole cup of coffee on my laptop...... Im back now :)

I'll check out that video and on Monday I'll check out a store I have near by for nutrients. The flowering started, I will post pics soon.

I've been defoliating little by little, finding the buds that for sure won't grow into anything. I'm hesitant of taking off the fan leaves, as I've seen people suggest, I feel like they are needed.

You can defoliate in flower. Best to do it early but some people to it throughout flower. Check out grandmaster defoliation on YouTube. They take every dan leaf off at start of flower and midway through. Their plants are completely unfazed by it.
I would recon doing this divert some energy from producing bud BUT the upside is all bud site are getting even amount of light... just a thought

Do you have a link for that video? I can't find anything with that exact name, so I'm going through various vids. Thanks.

August 3 - Week 13

I can't fit her in a picture. :theband:

This week quite a few bottom leaves have started turning yellow.

Im not gonna go that way, for now. It being outdoors, and the way I have been tying down longer shoots, the sun is reaching most of the plant.

2 days ago I watered with a 2-5-8 feed. Also from biotabs: Bio PK 5-8
This stopped the leaves from yellowing. I think that I've been waiting too long between watering, and without water it won't take up nutrients, am I wrong? The leaves had been turning yellow in the same way as before the second transplant, which I believe was due to a Nitrogen deficiency.

She's all green now, and buds are slowly forming. I will post some pics in a week or so once there are more buds.

I got a little friend living there:

At least I think it's friendly... I don't know what would happen if it lays eggs and what they would eat. This guy is supposed to eat aphids and mites.

Do people change their watering schedule when in bloom?

Im not gonna go that way, for now. It being outdoors, and the way I have been tying down longer shoots, the sun is reaching most of the plant.

2 days ago I watered with a 2-5-8 feed. Also from biotabs: Bio PK 5-8
This stopped the leaves from yellowing. I think that I've been waiting too long between watering, and without water it won't take up nutrients, am I wrong? The leaves had been turning yellow in the same way as before the second transplant, which I believe was due to a Nitrogen deficiency.

She's all green now, and buds are slowly forming. I will post some pics in a week or so once there are more buds.

I got a little friend living there:

IMG_4452.jpg

At least I think it's friendly... I don't know what would happen if it lays eggs and what they would eat. This guy is supposed to eat aphids and mites.

Do people change their watering schedule when in bloom?
Dude. That’s cool. I know nothing about mantises lol.
Great to hear you got the colour fade to stop. Yes, I believe your correct and it was a minor deficiency somewhere on the food chain for them.
Watering shouldn’t really have a schedule persay. Let them dry and then water when dry. The plants tell you when they need water. If you want to water more often to get more feed into them, I suggest fabric pots and a fan blasting the pots. This will help dry it up faster so you can water more frequent. Overwatering= watering too often. Not too much at one time. Don’t overwater them cause it will cause root rot and the plant won’t produce like it should. Even a little root rot can have drastic affect on the yield.

August 11 - Week 13
Week 2 Flower?

Buds are starting to take shape:

BUT... I think I gave her too much Nitrogen yesterday. Maybe I overreacted, but too many leaves were turning yellow. Every day I would find new yellow leaves that would fall off easily. I believed that because it is early flowering, the plant would suffer and needed more nitrogen. Yesterday I watered with the Guerrilla Juice (NPK 5-1-5), as well as the bloom feed (2-5-8). Today I noticed that some leaves -- not all, mainly the bigger ones -- have started clawing.

Should I flush or let it be? Can I flush with regular tap water (Ph 8)? It's a big pot, so Im not sure how I'll Ph enough water to flush.

P.S. I also got crickets

Attachments

• IMG_4528.jpg
    IMG_4528.jpg
    834.3 KB · Views: 37
August 11 - Week 13
Week 2 Flower?

Buds are starting to take shape:

BUT... I think I gave her too much Nitrogen yesterday. Maybe I overreacted, but too many leaves were turning yellow. Every day I would find new yellow leaves that would fall off easily. I believed that because it is early flowering, the plant would suffer and needed more nitrogen. Yesterday I watered with the Guerrilla Juice (NPK 5-1-5), as well as the bloom feed (2-5-8). Today I noticed that some leaves -- not all, mainly the bigger ones -- have started clawing.

Should I flush or let it be? Can I flush with regular tap water (Ph 8)? It's a big pot, so Im not sure how I'll Ph enough water to flush.

P.S. I also got crickets
I think there clawing because there’s is too much NPK. I wouldn’t recommend going to much higher then 10-10-10 in soil. As is, those leaves will curl up and die a crispy death. I’d flush but then you chance soaking the roots overtime which isn’t good in flower.... A flush in soil isn’t going to rid all the nuts anyway. Majority yea, but never all. I’d just flush with what you have at a good ph of 6.3. Don’t use ph of 8 from the tap. It will shock the roots since they are used too your phed waterings.
Try to get at least 30-40% runoff... then let them sit in the sun and dry for awhile. A long while. A fan in front of the pots will help dry them out too.

I’ve read you shouldn’t. But I have never tried so I can’t say for sure lol...
You may be on to something here, flushing with ph of 8 might be a lil high, it prob won’t hurt to lower it a tad... closer to the 6 range.

And with flushing, your not necessarily washing away the nutrients. Your washing away salt built up, causing a block to parts of the roots, doing so will allow the right amount of nutrients to get to the entire root system. Washing that away, promotes healthier growth, and the roots are being fed an equal amount of nutrients. :thumb:

That’s why to my understanding, you ph the last bunch of water going through pushing out the un ph’d water out.

Also a true flushing is close to the 3x the amount of soil being grown in, in water. So 1 gal pot of soil should get close to three gal of water being put through. The 30% run off is for feedings.

I have a great explanation on it, using BLT as a reference, it takes a while to type out so if your interested I can try find it.

I will wait until the morning to see if its gotten worse, and if I need to flush then I can take advantage of the direct sunlight.

I will need to flush with the tap water, there is no way I can ph over 600 L of water. :adore:
Since the only reason we adjust pH is so that we can break nutrients out of their salt chemical bonds, after a 3x flush there are no nutes left over to need to adjust to. You do NOT need to pH adjust a proper flush.

August 23 - Week 15
Week 4 of Flower - I think!

So it's been some time since the last update. From the top, she's looking great. Buds are taking shape, crystals forming, and the aroma is growing.

In this time I fought this tiny little crickets that were eating the leaves. AND one evening I noticed some leaves were really eaten and I discovered caterpillars eating from underneath the leaves. I found 3. They were there probably for only a day but managed to destroy a few leaves. I searched every leaf carefully and thankfully there hasn't been any new damage since then, and I look for them every day... The joys of outdoor and organic growing!

IMG_4636.jpg

But I still have this problem of the clawing tips...

IMG_4654.jpg

And from the bottom...

What is a normal rate of yellowing leaves at this stage of the growth? The bottom half is almost fully naked. I can't really get it in the pictures, but many of the yellowing leaves have started to reach the bud sites...

IMG_4651.jpg

Back
Top Bottom