White Widow, First Outdoor Grow, 2019

August 23 - Week 15
Week 4 of Flower - I think!

So it's been some time since the last update. From the top, she's looking great. Buds are taking shape, crystals forming, and the aroma is growing.

In this time I fought this tiny little crickets that were eating the leaves. AND one evening I noticed some leaves were really eaten and I discovered caterpillars eating from underneath the leaves. I found 3. They were there probably for only a day but managed to destroy a few leaves. I searched every leaf carefully and thankfully there hasn't been any new damage since then, and I look for them every day... The joys of outdoor and organic growing!

IMG_4636.jpg

But I still have this problem of the clawing tips...

IMG_4654.jpg

And from the bottom...

What is a normal rate of yellowing leaves at this stage of the growth? The bottom half is almost fully naked. I can't really get it in the pictures, but many of the yellowing leaves have started to reach the bud sites...

IMG_4651.jpg
Sorry to say it but I think you might have more problems then the caterpillars. Looks like root aphid, russet mites or thrips. I had my indoor plants look like that a month ago. Turned out to be russets and thrips which I still haven’t fully got control of. Bugs suck. The yellowing your talking about doesn’t always happen. If grown perfect, the leaves never turn yellow.

It is common for the plant to start pulling nutrients from older fan leaves during flower, happens all the time. The plant is pulling extra nutrients from the leaves which they won’t need those nutrients anymore and push them towards the colas, where it really matters.

I’m not saying sask420 is wrong, it could very well be true, but What your describing as well as those yellow leaves in the picture, it looks to be sucking the nitrogen out of those leaves. Is it possible to bump your nitrogen levels up a bit?

September 14 - Week 18
Week 7-9, I'm not sure I started counting at the right time.

I haven't posted any updates in a while.

I believe the problem I was having before was a lack of water. I was watering every 7-10 days! So I believe that in the dry periods she wasn't able to suck up the right nutrients.

I started watering every 3 days about 2-3 weeks ago, and she seems to be doing great.

It looks like this yield will last me all year :yahoo: Now it's just a matter of when to harvest. I'll get a magnifying glass tomorrow, for now I've been using my phone but it's hard to see.

IMG_4854.jpg

32c8ae6d-9905-49eb-a564-6abb779a66e8.JPG

d3603f27-7819-4297-b4e3-d603b7ac56c6.JPG

d2390a06-b30c-4a68-a0e8-e998958e5844.JPG

f1e35b55-2e46-41e2-b585-3da1447f5782.JPG

Back
Top Bottom