White Widow First Time Grow T5 DWC Closet Grow Hydroponics Indoor

Ajax

The Plan

Grow White Widow from seeds. Use the 'from seed' plants as mothers to operate a continuous grow. The grow will start in a closet and later move to a room. Once setup, i will perform various experiments using control and test.

The Setup

Seeds: Pre-germination, then into rockwool. 42watt CFL in a propagation dome with heating mat. Botanicare Liquid Karma nutrient solution.

Grow: 4' T5 fixture with 4 bulbs. DWC using General Hydroponics FloraNova and a small water and air pump for nutrient circulation.

Day 1
Day_1_1.JPG
Day_1_3.JPG
Day_1_21.JPG
Day_1_4.JPG

Day 2

Day_219.JPG

01:03:15 7/9/11 11:45 PM

1,2,3 on the left are the 3 seeds that have germinated and graduated to the dome. 4 and 5 are still germinating in paper towels under aluminum foil. (number 1 on the right is a reject from another grow) I have a heating mat and 24/7 light source from a 42 watt CFL.

Just checked the temps again and it is at 100 degrees. I've decided to bail on the heating mat.

Day 4

Day_4_1.JPG

04:25 PM 7/11
88 Degrees 28% Humidity
1 and 2 have broken the surface of their cubes. 3 has no change. 4 has germinated and is placed in rockwool today.

Day_4_22.JPG

4:25 PM 7/11
Number 5 has not germinated with the paper towel method. I am now trying the submerged method into distilled water to see if that would help.

Thanks for the support!

I have another grow i started about 2 weeks before this one so you can check that one out too.

Unknown Seed First Time Grow

Day 5

Day_58.JPG

7:00 AM 7/12
90 Degrees 30% humidity
Number 3 has broken the surface. Number 4 is still hiding. And Number 5 has not germinated with the submersion method. Under the leaves are almost purple... Kind of interesting.

Day 6

Day_65.JPG

8:00am 7/13
Number 1,2, and 3 are doing great. The leaves are starting to take form. Number 4 still hasn't broken the surface. I hope it does soon. Number 5 has not germinated and I'll be giving it one more day before I give up.

I had a great day today! I checked on my plants this morning and they all have taken a step up. If you haven't seen my other grow, check out:

Unknown Seed First Time Grow

The genetics of this White Widow strain is really impressing me. The growth is so fast!

Day 7

Day_7_1.JPG

8:00 AM 7/14
77 Degrees 35% Humidity 260ppm
What an amazing day! Numbers 1,2 and 3 are stretching. The roots are visible with 2 and 3.

Day_7_21.JPG

Number 4 has finally broken the surface. As I expected, Number 5 has not germinated and we have a confirmed casualty.

Day_7_3.JPG

I have transplanted Number 2 and 3 into their new home to further develop their root systems. I have ¼ nutrients and a reading of 260ppm. I wasn't expecting this fast of a growth so I only have a bubbler in the reservoir to mix solution. I'll get a water pump tomorrow to add. So far, the White Widow genetics are impressing me.

Day_7_4.JPG

Look at those perfect conditions. I know there is a debate on what humidity is best, ranging from 30-50%. My humidifier is garbage, so I tossed it and I will get a new one this weekend. As for now, we have a storm system coming through, so humidity levels will be fine for now.

Ajax looking good my man . You need to lower those lights! Getting really stemmy! Ill be watching out for these bitches with you!

@FirstGrowGod: I kind of halfheartedly tried the bucket thing but your right, i guess it deserves a solid effort before i pawn it off. I'm a bit tight for space right now but I'll be starting a new post after this weekend of my grow room.

@CannaVince: I agree the light source was a bit far away at about 14" while they were in the dome. I took the dome off and put them at 2" for 24 hours now and they are still stretching. Even the ones i put under my T5 lights still stretched some more. Maybe it's delay? I didn't have that problem with my other grow, but i guess strains are different. I appreciate the heads up, i don't know why i didn't think of that a few days ago.

@luvpiff: What is your spacing on your plants? How do you like it?

Day 8

Day_85.JPG

6:00AM 7/15
79 Degrees 42% Humidity 290ppm
I have removed the dome to get the CFL closer to plants 1 and 4. Plant 1 still has stretched a bit and is due for a transplant, which will happen later today. Plants 2 and 3 are under the T5 lights doing well. They have stretched a bit more as well.

They are 1 1/4 ft apart. I luv it. Everything is self timed. I'm glad I spent the extra $ for this setup. It def pays off in the end. Once u reach wk 3 its pretty much a cake walk.

Day 9

Day_9_12.JPG

10:00PM 7/16
78 Degrees 42% humidity 315ppm
Normal growth on 2 and 3. They stopped stretching.

Day_9_22.JPG

I dropped the tray today. 1 (left) is okay but 2 (center) got a leaf pulled off of it (one of it's first tiny pointy leaves). Also, Number 1 should be in a DWC bin today but my hydro shop has been closed for a few days now, and I need net pots. I'm gonna throw away that guy on the right, that thing is so confused.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom