White Widow Grow Journal! First Attempt!

CptGeorge414

420 Member
Good afternoon everybody, so this is my first go around with growing. So I decided to start a Journal to keep myself and who ever else is interested updated and ask any questions.

Equipment:

One MarsHydro 600w LED
4x4 grow tent
Pro Breeze Dehumidifier
Oscillating Fan
Four 1 Gal pot
4 inch Ipower Incline Fan
Digital Thermostat
and I can’t remember the name of the soil at the moment.

So I’m about 3 days in and one of the seedlings started to sprout. The other one hasn’t sprouted yet, I’m curious as to if I’m over watering them. The white pot was used before I got the new equipment and it contains different soil and that’s the one with the sprout. The other one is the new pot with new soil and nothing has happened. I’m also curious because the new soil is a mix of a bunch of shit and I think it already contained some random seeds because when I was putting the dirt in the pot I saw little sprouts so who knows. Pics posted below. Any advice? Thanks!

I’ll be watching @CptGeorge414 Good Luck! Take your time and wait for the seeds. At this stage the soil should be damp when you plant the seeds and shouldn’t need water for a few days. Cut the bottom off of a water bottle and put it over the seed to help keep it and the soil moist. Also make sure to use the best soil you can and keep it consistent throughout transplants to minimize shock.
Nice setup and welcome to 420, you’re gonna do great!

I’ll be watching @CptGeorge414 Good Luck! Take your time and wait for the seeds. At this stage the soil should be damp when you plant the seeds and shouldn’t need water for a few days. Cut the bottom off of a water bottle and put it over the seed to help keep it and the soil moist. Also make sure to use the best soil you can and keep it consistent throughout transplants to minimize shock.
Nice setup and welcome to 420, you’re gonna do great!

Thanks for the advice and motivation!!! :)

So I went home today to check on them and one of them didn’t even sprout yet I dig into the dirt and seen it shribbled up and maybe died, I came to three possible conclusions, 1. I planted it too deep that’s why it looks so shriveled up. 2. I over watered it but the other sprout is doing just fine. 3. I’m not using good soil because the other plant that is growing is using another type of soil. Besides that the other plant is growing it’s second leaf now. I decided to take them out of them tent and prop them by the window because I believe I was introducing them to the light and too early. Could I re plant that root and make it grow again ? Here are some pictures

***Update***

So I figured out the problem with the seeds and why they were dying on me. I wasnt germinating them properly. I was planting them entirely too early out of being too eager. I germinated my last two seeds properly and planted them. I got up and checked on them and one has sprouted out of the dirt and the other one is on its way. I will post some pictures pretty soon I just want to leave them be at least until tomorrow morning and then I will post a update picture. Thanks for all the help thus far ! Happy Growing & Happy Tuesday!

To be fair i only germinate until they crack and poke their little tongue out and havent had any problems but if its sorted your situation out then happy days. I see you got your soil sorted out aswell? Ya reckon this might be what helped?

To be completely honest I think it was because I wasn’t letting the seeds germinate completely. Once I let them germinate good I didn’t have any problems. I also think the soil I was using played a part as well. It was really think and glumpy I personally think it was suffocating the seedlings.

So i added some nutes yesterday and now I have nute brun. It didnt seem like i added a lot but I also added some blood meal so the nitrogen and other nutes made the plant unhappy. I know its not the best picture but can I bring her back ? shes not completely dead but looks bad.

Back
Top Bottom