White Widow Indoor/Outdoor

id love to go guerilla but finding somewhere out the way is not easy where i am, but ill be looking, the weather was that nice last week i was thinking about doing an outdoor somewhere, then i woke up yesterday and their was snow on the ground and the temps only just above freezing so good job i never went ahead, its till cold today but were coming upto out summer now so could get some outdoors if i find somewhere, id start them indoors first them just bury a ripped open grow bag and plant the plant into that to give it a boos while the roots grow, i always worry about people finding the plant as they can get tall if left unattended and basically the less i attend it the less attention i bring,

Hey,
just had another look actually and i think fingers crossed that the pk13/14 is doing the trick,i only added that about 24hrs ago so will need a couple more days to be sure,as the yellowing and burning continued,but in maybe 2-3 days i will know for sure..
oh and just my 2pence worth with regard to the cfl veggin(i dont think you can get better veg using hps or metal halide,than cfl)
simply because only with cfl can you eliminate stretching,and get dense foliage..
2 85 watt cfl 7500k range can maintain 6 mother plants alone,you dont need fans,heaters or anything else just cfl`s and reflective sheeting to keep the light in and reflect it,.. i would never go back to metal halide for veg,get far better results with cfls... T5`s are good too but with normal cfl`s its much easier to move them to the sides etc,so i efo think they are best..

god wrote loads here lol
You have put down not to grow outside here..but i thought you yourself had some in a greenhouse same as i intend??
i really would love your thoughts on the soil though..
peace

i wouldnt risk out doors where i live, possibly would in a green house though now its this time of year as its only going to get warmer, not sure if i would living that far north though, seems the weather can be a bit colder up his part of the world.

i think my plants slowed down due to my dodgy fim attempt, so i topped it now and ive noticed a change in the growth, it seems fimmin stunted my plant as it tried to repair what i had cut off so didnt focus and growing properly, i topped it yesterday and the 2 side shoots have now started growing strait up so i think i dont the right thing and it should start growing fast again, i hope

god wrote loads here lol
You have put down not to grow outside here..but i thought you yourself had some in a greenhouse same as i intend??
i really would love your thoughts on the soil though..
peace

i've got two plants currently growing out in my greenhouse as well as my indoor grow. They are planted directly into the natural soil with one 20l peat moss compost mixed in for some better drainage.

Even the cold snap didn't kill them (killed all my tomatoes, begonias and African marigolds though.) Although it did pretty much stop growth over the past few days, but still alive and kicking :)

Will be moving two of my plants into flowering in the next couple of days, currently just waiting on the connections arriving in the post. Planning on using an old antique wardrobe to flower them in, it's dimensions are

Height- 1.9 meters
Width- 1.8 meters
Depth- 0.5 meters

This gives each plant just over a square foot each to flower and as much head room as they want.

The wardrobe is made from a varnished oak so totally light proof. Has been painted with 3 coats so far of matte white paint. will take another coat before it's ready to be coated with highly reflective gloss, pain in the ass but pretty decent for a stealth grow untill I can sort out my flowering room.

Will add pics tonight or tomorrow

:Namaste:

Here are the pics. Plants are a few days from flowering.

1333905520100.jpg

1333905529941.jpg

1333905547076.jpg

1333905564054.jpg

2012-04-08_18_17_23.jpg

2012-04-08_18_18_28.jpg

hey there ta for the reply

OK seems plants are stronger than most realise you know.. i mean i have got specifically for out door mainly Afghan kush.and thc snow..
these plants Afghan /Indian kush etc get frozen every night and still grow to huge sizes,the cold doesnt even slow them down,as soon as the hot sun comes up warms the plant its growing again.. it gets to below minus 10 almost every night in these countries so they are tough,just get ones that are meant for outdoor,as most these days are cloned hybrids..

As for the fimmin,i have never tried it,i top my plants always,and bud blood them too to get max nodes and max yield.i also super crop,it does slow them yes but usually for a max of a week,but 3-4 days is most common then they are off again ;-) everytime i do these things i think,looks awful now,then few days later alls good..
so just give it a few days and you will see you did the right thing.. peace

hi mate, im not sure about using the gloss paint, the matt white reflects light better than gloss paint.

mylar is the way to go, just go to amazon and spend about $5 or £3 depending where you are and order a pack of 5 survival blankets, they cost next to nothing and a lot cheaper than buying a roll of mylar, i only used 2 blankets to do my whole grow cupboard and it was bigger than yours, just a thought, but if you want it up and running sooner then i would go with the matt white paint compared to the gloss,

Thanks for your input again don, will give it a coat of white matte paint instead. Can't be bothered waiting around for more deliveries so will put them straight into flowering with just the paint. Going to use mylar when I get the grow room sorted out.

Did your BPN arrive yet buddy?

not yet mate still waiting, its been bank holiday here so no post again till tomorrow, time here is 20:43, so hoping it will be here tomorrow or day after, it didnt come saturday so theirs no post again till tuesday now, so fingers crossed it will be here tomorrow, my only concern how ever is customs, cannabis cutivation is a big no no here, and even having cannabis on you will guarantee you get arrested, so im hoping it will not be a problem with customs, but i think it will be like seeds, we can buy and sell seeds as long as we dont germinate them, so im hoping the nutes will be the same, ive had it posted to a different address than mine for obvious reasons so im just waiting on the nutes now, im sure my plants will benefit hugely from bpn products, so im hoping i get a phone call tomorrow saying its arrived then i can go pick it up,

i only mentioned the paint as i was looking into it before i purchased mylar and i considered tin foil as well, but i was told and read that tin foil is poor reflector of light and so is gloss paint and white emusion or matt white is the best for reflection, in the end i painted it but not long after i realised that rescue blankets are made out of mylar so i purchased 5 packs for next to nothing and ive still got 2 packs left, ive made light reflectors out of it and lined my grow rooms,

Has been the same here, I've been waiting on my light fixtures for the flowering bulbs now for nearly a week. Hope they arrive soon, along with my extension lead so I can get out and cut the grass in the garden haha. Easter has kind of been a pain.

Sure you wont have a problem with the nutes being cleared by customs, can't see why they would present a problem. Could be that you are just growing some juicy tomatoes ;)

Good idea with the survival blankets, didn't know they were made from mylar. Will have to check that out.

Cheers :D

i got my blankets off amazon, i think i paid £3.50 and a couple of quid postage, came very quick as well, and it came in a pack of 5 so still got loads left, must have 2 and a half blankets left, they work out cheaper than buying mylar by the roll, its not as thick as the stuff you buy on the roll but its the exact same stuff, you just need to stick it up and it does the job, i noticed i had a lot more light after using the mylar,

my nutes didnt arrive today so hoping tomorrow as they may have traveld to a sorting office near me today and should be delivered to me some time tomorrow, well delivered to an address i gave them, didnt want it delivered direct to me so sent it to a family members house, i think it should be ok, not sure what the label looks like on the nute bottles though so that possibly might be interesting to customs, but we can buy and sell seeds so dont think the nutes would be a problem, plus like you say it could be for something else, so i dont think it will be a problem,
when you get round to it i would get the mylar mate, just have a good look on amazon and get the lowest price as their all the same blankets, a pack of 5 works out cheaper thats what i got, its worth getting i noticed loads of difference and it meant i didnt have to keep turning my plants round so much.

UPDATE

Finally gave up on veging all the plants and decided to place one of my white widows into flowering on Friday the 13th of April. (mainly because my stash is running low ha-ha. She has just had her first 12 hours of light and looking mighty healthy for it.

Lights - Two x 45watt CFL
Feeding - Same as before
Watering - When dry, but obviously less than during veg

SAM_02873.JPG
SAM_02863.JPG

I will be continuing to grow the other two up for another couple of weeks as I wait on some more flowering lights and connections arriving. They should also provide me with some more cuttings, although I have another 12 seedlings that have all broken ground.

2012-04-14_12_38_56.jpg
1334403520138.jpg

:peace:

looking good mate, you know the flower room, how close have you got the lights to the plant, you want to try and get as much of the plant lit up as possible, cfls dont penetrate more than a few inches and once it hits the cannopy you lose a load of lights, what i use is pipe cleaners, then i pull all the leaves out the way and pull all the branches so that their not blocking any other branches, i hate cutting any leaves away but i have cut a couple every week or so, i like to keep the whole plant in the light, so any big leaves i cant manipulate out the way then get the chop, a little pruning can help but the leaves are what gives the plant its light and are its factories so to speak, so any leaves you cut off will slow growth, how ever the plant then pushes the growth into other leaves, its best not to prune later on in the flower stage as this makes the leaves in the buds grow and gives you leafy buds, its just the only problem with cfls is they dont make the plants stretch and they make them pack on the leaves, this causes problems with getting the light into the bud sites and can leave you with only a few buds at the top of the plant, in my flower room i have lights above the plants and i hang lights around the plants, doing this should ensure the best light possible getting to the plant,

love your plants though, they do look really health and bushy

Back
Top Bottom