White Widow leaves getting all dry on multiple plants? Appreciate your help

Sinna

420 Member
I am growing a White Widow and it is around6 week flowering outdoors. Am using proper weed soil with perlite and using Biobizz nutrients. Plant looked really healthy for most of the although it had some yellow leaves at times.

But now the leaves around the buds are all drying. Also a mate of mine has 2 whitewidoes and the exact same is happening to him.

Has this happened to anyone before? It is really weird as they were really healthy and now all of a sudden are going dry and looking really bad.

Appreciate your insight. Thanks

307083812_765033958135535_2485030480004285476_n.jpg

306931032_2019965225060710_1025149517676849492_n.jpg

Hi Sinna. Hmm. That's a bloody shame. Are any of your other plants I see in the background affected the same way? I suspect insects. Over the years I've had similar things show up and have just ripped off the affected part, but nothing as severe as your White Widow. Occasionally I've had spider nests and tiny Caterpillar nests that do similar damage, but nothing like yours.

Hi Sinna. Hmm. That's a bloody shame. Are any of your other plants I see in the background affected the same way? I suspect insects. Over the years I've had similar things show up and have just ripped off the affected part, but nothing as severe as your White Widow. Occasionally I've had spider nests and tiny Caterpillar nests that do similar damage, but nothing like yours.
No only this plant. But my mate has from the same seeds and 2 of his has happened exactly the same. It doesn't look like there are any insects around there but I can't figure out what this might be. Could it be a build up of nutrient salt build up?

If you were doing a prudent reasonable job of fertilizing and watering, and had good soil or potting mix at the beginning I would think that a nutrient problem is less likely. Especially as you say, you have other plants that are still thriving. If all your plants had similar potting mix, similar fertilizer and similar watering schedules, it becomes difficult to parse out the cause. An accidental toxic exposure is not likely since your friend's plants also went bad.

Also, if your friend had the same plant from the same seed, and it now looks as shrivelled as yours does, that starts to look like it may be something intrinsic to the plant itself, and nothing to do with your care and maintenance.

Did the seeds come from a reputable commercial seed producer, or were they possibly from a dubious source?

Welcome to 420 @Sinna :ciao:

If it were something in the root zone, it would affect all of the plant from the tips downwards
If it were nutrient related it would affect all of the plant, evenly and gradually
If it were genetics, all plants would most likely be affected and I have had plenty of dodgy genetics, but nothing that looks like that so suddenly

So given that none of those is evident, something drastic must have happened to a specific area, fast
Animal urine can do that, but that doesn't look like a patch of pee to me

Could something sprayed nearby have drifted onto that part of the plant?

That doesn't explain your mate having the same issue, but that's my best guess

If you were doing a prudent reasonable job of fertilizing and watering, and had good soil or potting mix at the beginning I would think that a nutrient problem is less likely. Especially as you say, you have other plants that are still thriving. If all your plants had similar potting mix, similar fertilizer and similar watering schedules, it becomes difficult to parse out the cause. An accidental toxic exposure is not likely since your friend's plants also went bad.

Also, if your friend had the same plant from the same seed, and it now looks as shrivelled as yours does, that starts to look like it may be something intrinsic to the plant itself, and nothing to do with your care and maintenance.

Did the seeds come from a reputable commercial seed producer, or were they possibly from a dubious source?
I got the seeds from Sensi Seeds so I beleive they should have good seeds.

Welcome to 420 @Sinna :ciao:

If it were something in the root zone, it would affect all of the plant from the tips downwards
If it were nutrient related it would affect all of the plant, evenly and gradually
If it were genetics, all plants would most likely be affected and I have had plenty of dodgy genetics, but nothing that looks like that so suddenly

So given that none of those is evident, something drastic must have happened to a specific area, fast
Animal urine can do that, but that doesn't look like a patch of pee to me

Could something sprayed nearby have drifted onto that part of the plant?

That doesn't explain your mate having the same issue, but that's my best guess
Thanks for the feedback. It's really weird that it happened. It could be that at one point I have given some chicken manure pellets. Maybe it affected the plants in a bad way.

Thanks for the feedback. It's really weird that it happened. It could be that at one point I have given some chicken manure pellets. Maybe it affected the plants in a bad way.
Top dressing with chicken shit doesn't poison one part of the plant to that extent so suddenly
Hope you get a reasonable harvest all the same, the plants looked great otherwise

Back
Top Bottom