White Widow Max HomeBox Grow 2009!

If you want to make seeds, place it in a separate area until the pollen matures. Brush a few buds with the pollen and keep a supply of seeds for future use. Mother plants are nice, but if you have to destroy it for some reason, it was been nice to grow another one.

Hey thanks for stopping by southernboy! I am deffinatly going to look up more on making seeds. I think i just found balls on the UK strain, so maybe i can get some kool cross. I am sad that the UK is possibly male, i had my suspisions, I am going to miss that smell!!! mmmmm

OK so now, i can deff transplant that girl stinky into a bigger planter.

I am going to get some cuttings of her and start the clones.

I am hoping for future harvest that i can use those 6 inch planters and start my flowering earlier so that the plants wont out grow the homebox. If i had the space i would have gotten the box one size larger, but sadly living in a city has its draw backs. I am just happy i dont have to pay for water!

yea just the female is in the chamber now. I am leaving to get a new pot in 10 min,
the 2 males are in the sun room chilling with the herbs.

I am going to clean the whole chamber so that there is nothing on the walls and also lower my net, i think the plant can handle the bigger bend now.

also going to take cuttings today....six in total hopefully. I need to read up on how to do that most effectivly

Done and done kannabiskid!
I bought a huge pot thingy for the plant. It almost took a full 20 pound bag of Foxfarm Soil. I switched to a soil with some bat guano in it i read that it is good for flowering stage.

I will post pics tomorrow.

Soniq420 you should like the size of the pot!!!!

ill have pics tomorrow

Done and done kannabiskid!
I bought a huge pot thingy for the plant. It almost took a full 20 pound bag of Foxfarm Soil. I switched to a soil with some bat guano in it i read that it is good for flowering stage.

Sounds like your starting to get your grow going man very nice job and im sure your girls will love the new home.

Guano is also very good. You might want to think about using it sooner in your grow next time. It has alot of the nutes you need to keep roots stems and leaves in good shape.

Nutes that are high in:

(n) nitrogen witch is good for building proteins and helping with clorafill. You want a high #'s for this element first # on the bottle or bag is the (n) content. taper off a bit on this one when flowering.

(p) phosphorus Should be used alot for budding/ flowering because it boosts the plants energy to grow. Low #'s for this in veg. this is the 2nd # on the bottle/bag.

(k) potassium this is best all the time its one of the best elements for all around growing. It helps to transfer sugars around the plant and also helps to build strong and healthy roots.Did i mention this also helps to keep them clean and free of bacteria? Good stuff.

I personaly like to use a 50-10-10 for veg and a 5-10-5 for flowering. The plants get built up and can handle more nutes over time of done corectly and over time, so the numbers will change because of how much more you can begin to add.

Seems like alot of people are trying to keep there plants in small pots now a days..wonder why that is? Bigger is always better for plants as long as you have good dranage and water retention combined.

Cant wait to see the new pic's, hope this helps a bit....or mabey i just like to babble about how to grow weed lol. peace :goodjob:

Sorry man one last this... is your temp still this high?? Should be around 65-75 during the day and around 55 to 65 at night. Looks like your tempp on the picture is 90... you might want to think about adding more duct work to vent the air out off the bulb rather then having it blow in. Just food for thought.

rsz_homebox_set_up_019.jpg

pics....

roots...
rsz_roots_6_inch_pot.jpg

new pot...
rsz_new_pot.jpg

only took 2 cuttings...prob take some more....
swapped from TakeRoot powder(which works quite well) to Hormex which is supposed to be great for the price....there are as im sure many of you know some rooting hormones which cost 100 bucks a bottle, after reading and reading and even more reading I found that people have great success with those expensive brands, but also just as much success with the less expensive ones....don't break the bank is my point i guess....
rsz_cuttings.jpg

this stuff is simple to use..... take your cutting, soak it in the solution for 1 min. Re move and plant into soaked growing medium. Watering solution should be 10 drops Hormex per Gallon of Agua. Im not even trimming my leaves to help the rooting...
rsz_cuttings_2.jpg

I was curious about the difference in light from when the Homebox is open (while im working on the plant/plants) to when it is closed. Here are some pics to show the difference from inside the chamber.

Open...
rsz_difference_in_light_open.jpg

closed...
rsz_difference_in_light_closed.jpg

I want to climb this bean stalk....
rsz_from_up_under.jpg

rsz_up_under_2.jpg

some new growth being trained....i ran out of twist ties...they are so much easier than this damn sting.

rsz_lst_new_growth.jpg

rsz_new_growth.jpg

rsz_lst_new_groth_2.jpg

here is the main cola, this bend in the plant is crazy now, i wonder how these buds will grow...
rsz_main_cola.jpg

top view....
rsz_top_view_1.jpg

rsz_top_view_3.jpg

rsz_top_view_2.jpg

rsz_top_view_4.jpg

here is how the buds grow! mmm those hairs are so white! its so sick looking! going to get a magnifying glass tomorrow. I also wish i had a better close up lens.
rsz_white_hairs.jpg

rsz_white_hairs_2.jpg

rsz_white_hairs_3.jpg

also thanks for stopping by Buds08, no i don't have the problem with temp.

nothing new really, nothing important anyway... everything is sound and safe. the smell is overwhelming now! I think its funny that I willed Stinky to be a female! She has been stinking since week 2(or somewhere close to that).

few pics of flowering growth.....

did someone say white hairs?
rsz_cs.jpg

rsz_new_001.jpg

rsz_new_013.jpg

hmmmm......as always i feel I am forgetting something....

o yea....happy 420! keep it green!

Ill post some pics of the UK male. I am not going to destroy it, going to keep it and try my hand at germinating a female nug! this plant is really nice, i would feel horrible if my love was tossed away...

pay it forward!

save the male.. you can use it to make crosses..

like say you had a kush woman..

you could use your male (cut off the sacks and put them in a ziplock bag with some baking soda)

then use a lil paint brush and fertilize one or two bud sites on your favorite woman e.g og kush..

after your harvest you'd have a kush plant and some kush x wwm seeds..

and with this method of select fertilization, the whole plant doesnt become pregnant, jus one or two sites

fun pictures...

rsz_ncs_011.jpg

rsz_ncs_013.jpg

rsz_spray.jpg

flowers........

rsz_ncs_016.jpg

the dots on the leaves on this pictures above are from the Neem oil, I spray the plant every time I find a new hole from a mite. Usually every 2 weeks on new growth.

rsz_ncs_031.jpg

rsz_ncs_018.jpg

lets see what else......

all of the clippings have rooted. I just re-potted them today.

......................................................................................................

Also thank you Soniq!
Thanks to Tunes for the reps! Much <3

KFC thanks for your insight. I believe Southernboy had the same suggestions. To keep the pollen and pollinate a bud. I am doing some research on it as we speak. A question for you. Why the baking soda? Also, will the bud pollinate the rest of the buds or do i need to put a bag over it to keep it separate so that doesn't happen?

The Male is dropping pollen all over now, I will collect some. I had been thinking about taking a cutting from him and destroying the main plant, just to keep the strain going. Also, the seeds it produces from pollinating this way are mixed genders right? I need to look up more on feminized seeds, and germinating plants, definitely some crazy botany....

i suggest you all do this today... :bong: :grinjoint: :roorrip: :smokin: :peace:

"I ordered 10 White Widow Max seeds from a seed bank, stealth. About 5 days later, a small package containing a CD case with some great 70's music on it"

Hey WRX420. Your grow looks great. Can I ask where you bought your seeds? I like the way they packaged them for you. I'm starting my first grow from bag seed as a learning experience. I'd like to get some more from a reputable site though. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom