White Widow plant smell

TenaciousKiM

I have 5 White Widow Mother plants that I dicided to put into flowering stage. I have a grow tent put they are over 4 feet and the grow tent is 5 feet. Last year I was in the same situation over the smell, so me and my roomate went off and bought horse manure, the marijuana smell stop instantly "lol" but am worried if the manure smell is offensive to my neighbors, don't know if they perfer the marijuana smell or the manure "lol" any other alternatives?

Thanks!
Kim

Just get a carbon filter and fan to hook up to it. There is also something called ona gel which i have never used but heard it works great to mask the scent.

LOL!! My B just noticed the section it was in which is outdoors, in which case Im not sure what you'd do in a position like that. If your doing it all legally then I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I'm doing it legally but the smell still gets me worried. I don't want to get robbed or even harrased by cops, in some cases cops will still confiscate to be dicks.

id think it would be pretty hard to cover stinky smellin buds outdoors. i got a white widow outdoors as well but still in veg. If i was u i would say the hell with the neighbors and use the manure anyways. id say thats ur best bet. The one i grew last year didnt smell as much. they were ufo seeds

ps: love the clinton quote

I have 5 White Widow Mother plants that I dicided to put into flowering stage. I have a grow tent put they are over 4 feet and the grow tent is 5 feet. Last year I was in the same situation over the smell, so me and my roomate went off and bought horse manure, the marijuana smell stop instantly "lol" but am worried if the manure smell is offensive to my neighbors, don't know if they perfer the marijuana smell or the manure "lol" any other alternatives?

Thanks!
Kim

Wow.. 4 ft tall and just put into flower in a 5 ft tent? plus the light hanging? are they about as tall as they can get in that tent?

I am thinking a cheap carbon filter/can fan would eliminate the need to be smelling manure for you, your roommate and your neighbors since I am thinking you are using this indoors?

I have been growing the white widow strain for several years now and really enjoy the strain.

:peacetwo:

i guess my pheno of WW has no smell .... i can have like 10 plants in flower and its barley noticable

I'm not sure if I hit on something I found out just recently but I've trying to figure out the smell problems too. I think it has to do with the type of fertilizer I use. When my son-in-law babysat my plants for there last 3 mts. He changed to a different brand fertilizer that was all natural and I was using chemical based. The smell difference was huge. With his they didn't smell.

id think it would be pretty hard to cover stinky smellin buds outdoors. i got a white widow outdoors as well but still in veg. If i was u i would say the hell with the neighbors and use the manure anyways. id say thats ur best bet. The one i grew last year didnt smell as much. they were ufo seeds

ps: love the clinton quote

You mentioned one, that you grew last year.. I've grown'd one before.. but that was a 12 inch white widow plant that didn'd give me such a hard time with the smell. The year after that I decided to grow 3 since last year wasn't bad, and even let them grow a few feet taller.. big mistake!!... the smell was incredibly strong... I would say about 100 feet from my home. Had no other alternative but to buy horse manure... now I have 5 Mother plants 5 feet tall (they grew over the week) that havent even began there flowering stage... I'm shitting bricks!!! am gonna have to start off again with the horse manure.

PS.. juicy D.. you gonna Luv White Widow! make sure you get clones out of her.

Wow.. 4 ft tall and just put into flower in a 5 ft tent? plus the light hanging? are they about as tall as they can get in that tent?

I am thinking a cheap carbon filter/can fan would eliminate the need to be smelling manure for you, your roommate and your neighbors since I am thinking you are using this indoors?

I have been growing the white widow strain for several years now and really enjoy the strain.

:peacetwo:

Actually they were put out of the tent since I have no more room for them.. they are out doors for there final stages.. so a carbon filter wont do me any good.

What medium do you use? I've been growing white widow for 2 years now and never had any big issues with it aswell... been using MG and they'vge been loving it.. can't amagine how they will do with some grade A stuff!..

I'm not sure if I hit on something I found out just recently but I've trying to figure out the smell problems too. I think it has to do with the type of fertilizer I use. When my son-in-law babysat my plants for there last 3 mts. He changed to a different brand fertilizer that was all natural and I was using chemical based. The smell difference was huge. With his they didn't smell.

Organic? best way to go.. so smelll difference changed but how was the buds? was it potent? good taste? if so you need to get the soil recipe if it were comercial soil or not.

Sorry I forgot to mention I grow indoors and I'm growing 6 different kinds this time. White Widow, Detroit Diesel, Lemon Ice, Purple Kush, Big Boy/ White Widow and some I got from Georgia. I guess it's some ditch weed He liked.
I'm growing in the 'Happy Frog' brand of soil this time but don't like it as well as what I made myself. When I make my own it was fresh organic soil mixed with "Dairy Doo", perlite and a locally made greenhouse loam I can only get once a year while their open for season. The Happy frog doesn't seem to support them as well. I think it has too much bark in it. The Dairy Doo is also made fresh and is just up the road from me and sold all over Michigan.
I grow mine 2.5 ft tall then turn them. This time I don't know the sexes yet but I want to cross back the BB/Widows with the White Widow so I can get some seeds. I've been working with clones so long I'd forgotten how long it takes starting from seeds.
In Michigan you can't grow outdoors. They have to be in something you can lock up. Hubby doesn't want to risk building a green house but we can grow 24 of them.
The son-in- law is still about 2 weeks from harvest but they look good and their clones from a Purple Kush I was given so they should be a good as the original was. We'll see what the difference in ferts did in about a month. When I mix my own I do equal amounts of soil & Doo and loam then when done just enough perlite until I think it's enough. Hope I covered everything. HAGD and happy growing.
:high-five:

Sorry I forgot to mention I grow indoors and I'm growing 6 different kinds this time. White Widow, Detroit Diesel, Lemon Ice, Purple Kush, Big Boy/ White Widow and some I got from Georgia. I guess it's some ditch weed He liked.
I'm growing in the 'Happy Frog' brand of soil this time but don't like it as well as what I made myself. When I make my own it was fresh organic soil mixed with "Dairy Doo", perlite and a locally made greenhouse loam I can only get once a year while their open for season. The Happy frog doesn't seem to support them as well. I think it has too much bark in it. The Dairy Doo is also made fresh and is just up the road from me and sold all over Michigan.
I grow mine 2.5 ft tall then turn them. This time I don't know the sexes yet but I want to cross back the BB/Widows with the White Widow so I can get some seeds. I've been working with clones so long I'd forgotten how long it takes starting from seeds.
In Michigan you can't grow outdoors. They have to be in something you can lock up. Hubby doesn't want to risk building a green house but we can grow 24 of them.
The son-in- law is still about 2 weeks from harvest but they look good and their clones from a Purple Kush I was given so they should be a good as the original was. We'll see what the difference in ferts did in about a month. When I mix my own I do equal amounts of soil & Doo and loam then when done just enough perlite until I think it's enough. Hope I covered everything. HAGD and happy growing.
:high-five:

It's always best to have your own soil mix other than comercial mixed brands, but I also consider happy frog a great soil mix, I use it with my tommatoes and bell peppers.. they seem to be responding to it great.

24 plants! soo lucky here in california I'm only able to have 10 matures and 10 pre-matures... but since am only able to have so many I try to let them vegge till there over 4 to 5 feet tall so I can have a pretty decent yeild out of them...

Also BB/ crossed with WW very nice!
Maybe a grow journal near the future? would be great to follow along with your grow!

my last WW bean didnt sprout out :( fuck

sucks!

To my suprise all my WW seeds sprouted!
I even had a few to save since my grow tent can't hold so many, I decided to plant 3 extra seeds I had left over... was going to freeze for a later grow but thought to myself, I can always buy more.

So I planted them next to my bell peppers and rose garden and they look awesome lol..

this is litterally what you call DIRT WEED!.. gonna see how they turn out with no nutrients, or quality soil... only TLC from Mother nature

My WW dirt weed... :thumb:

003598.JPG

Sorry picture came in sideways. Also thats a citronella plant next to my baby White widow,that seems to repel the bugs for me if I rub the leaves every few days.

All my seeds came up but I see the smaller seeds weren't growing as big as the rest. But since I started the nutes and top them, their catching up fast. Hope I have at least one male to work with and try my hand at cross breeding but all 22 of them are looking female so far. I put them on 24/7 too. Not to bad for 6 weeks old.:thumb:

DSC008383.JPG

Diggin up an old thread....

I have 10 Grenhouse Seeds White Widow Autos going outside and they really started to stink now.... They are maybe a week away from harvest.

Back
Top Bottom