White Widow Regular Grow!

Question... Do you normally only Quad your starters or do you do more for Sativas and less for Indicas? Of vice versa?? I only ask because I am a somewhat " Mean " teacher in training/Quading when my plants are relatively young to make short, stout, and wide plants. They seem to produce more fruit that way...

I've experimented with both forms from day 1. Topped some. Fim'd some. Left some like Christmas trees. Topping and training turned into a necessity with the sativa, it caught me off guard ass you can see and the topping and training was late, and in retrospect I would have been a lot meaner in the trim like I'm doing this time. I have no time scale for veg, I'll run it longer then usual because of the auto and clones.

I'm planning on doing the clones in smaller pots with single heads around the main White Widow mother so flipping will begin when their ready to flower, though it really depends how they fill out, they may need training. I thinking topping and training is where its at. You just have to allow for time to rebound back from the high stress. Not really awesome my RH sucks and I can't find a decent humidifier on Amazon.

And to top off the room and the shitty RH a got my clicking finger out and found this relatively cheap humidifier. Cheapest biggest tank though I may need to open her up and change the LED to a green one. The reviews said it was loud though if it sucks ill return it :D Fucking love Amazon. Shoulda invested in that damn compnay years ago. You have to sift through the shit to get anything of quality and DYOR though that goes for anything worthwhile in life!

41UnCpdN7hL._AC_.jpg

Your garden is coming along nicely @Ganja Droid 420

I really like Hungarian Wax Peppers stuffed.
Do you like them green, yellow, or the hot red ones?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Cheers Mate! I like the Hungarian Peppers all three colours. They have some damn kick to them green I thought they were like sweet peppers. Fuck I was wrong. I make a really nice organic hommus for my sister with them as brain food whilst she does her work. The seeds were a few years old too and had just been sitting around in a baggy. Still no signs that the chillie seeds are doing anything. They seeds did come out of the freezer fresh frozen so I'm not sure they will take so their sitting in the corner :p

Not really awesome my RH sucks and I can't find a decent humidifier on Amazon.
This one works both for temp and humidity control with multiple setting options, and is kinda cheap. I have two that I bought last year for a small grow in a dry indoor climate. Raise my humidity to tolerable levels in all stages of propagation. Specifically veg, and flower.. Neat little do-dad

Blast Portable AC Air Conditioner - Mini Air Conditioners with 3 Wind Speed & 7 Color Night Light

1664480383638.png

I might add that dry it is a little louder and fans are more powerful, but all is adjustable and it auto changes to just fan at low speed when empty. Air quality control is good, but filter has to be cleaned weekly. Catches a lot of the little flying critters NOBODY wants in filter as well. Downside is the tank lasts only 2 days maybe, and it has a non-programmable 8 hour timer built in.. :(

Well I just noticed new top growth on the White Widow so I had to add some happy snaps. I imagine this is where the new lollipop canopy line will be eventually :D

20220501_030934.jpg
20220501_030922_HDR.jpg
20220501_030907.jpg
20220501_030845.jpg

This one works both for temp and humidity control with multiple setting options, and is kinda cheap. I have two that I bought last year for a small grow in a dry indoor climate. Raise my humidity to tolerable levels in all stages of propagation. Specifically veg, and flower..
Neat little do-dad
Yeah sound isn't an issue as the grow room is fully soundproofed. I've run the 10" Q-Max on 80% (goddamn that sucking power! When it hits 40% it starts to suck air in from underneath the plastic thats all over the floor and it looks like a balloon :p I'm hoping the 8" Q-Max levels out the room negative pressure a bit though it does ensure complete scrubbing of the smell of my sweet sweet canna! Oh and the timer wont be an issue an my fans run on the Can Fan controller. If that's not enough I was looking at investing in a thermostat/humidity controller switch to regulate the RH.

Stoned thought of the day. Using my old fridge as a temperature controlled drying station. I could achieve this by using a temp controller switch and set it for 17 degrees C, then connecting a fan to an hole cut in the top only venting if the humidity rises above 60%. I could also store the nutrients in it between grows. It would never get cold enough to freeze the ice box and potentially could be used to clone and/or keep a mother plant in under an LED light fixture! :lot-o-toke:

So what happens when Insomnia kicks in and you've been on the internet too long? Well this of course... If I like it I'll get a second as it was free post and cheaper then I expected kicking ass over the Lumatek 465w which was one of the lights I was looking at. I'm mainly looking to kill the 1000w HPS because the heat is insane, though cost also. However, I may run them side by side for now whilst testing the LED for heat to check temps before I invest in a second unit. Decision decisions. Introducing the new addition to the grow room.
Spider Farmer SE7000 LED 730W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum Horticulture Commercial Grow!
Edit: Not even 2 hours later I order the second unit after seeing the Government wants to Nanny the Internet here in Australia with even more bullshit powers disguised as protecting the population. I had just become comfortable in purchasing grow suppliers online including beans with a YOLO attitude in the mail. The new setup is going to be badass and I can do 2 strains at a time in 2 plants!

:thumb:

This is cannabis crossed with spinach

1651383483030.png

:cheer:
a008e8924deeff7c889718f4b4770b3a.jpg

:lot-o-toke:
Sweet-Stone-Weed-Memes.xx&oh=3d9108c16e7bb256fbc047d4c60e6335&oe=5CF410B8.jpeg

:thumb:

popeye-weed-memes-brutus-pothead.jpg

New mini project in the works. Making colloidal silver from scratch and creating some feminized seeds. I'm going to begin with 1 Candida 20% CBD bean and see how she goes. Candida from MMG seems to be sold out everywhere and considering its the main strain im working with to create oil for Mum's Alzheimers, I need to make more beans!!! As for breeding I did a deep dive into the research yesterday and I'm looking at growing several generations of a strain to do what I want. So Candida x White Widow here we come! I'll be building a mini 4x2 veg box that will fit a t5 fluro in it to start the project. May as well use my spare parts instead of them collecting dust. I really should have grown out the Male White Widow though I'm sure I'll come across another sooner or later and collect some pollen!

Colloidal Silver: Ultimate Cannabis Seed Feminizer​

By Nick Griffith Published: February 4, 2021 | Last updated: January 18, 2022

Key Takeaways

When the time comes to plant seeds, most farmers would prefer to use feminized cannabis seeds. To ensure seed feminization, most people resort to purchasing feminized seeds from commercial seed banks. But how does one guarantee they are what they claim to be?

bis-seed-feminized-colliodial-silver-foliar-leaves.jpg

When the time comes to plant seeds, most farmers would prefer to use feminized cannabis seeds. To ensure seed feminization, most people resort to purchasing feminized seeds from commercial seed banks. But how does one guarantee feminization and what is the most efficient way to do so other than purchasing seeds? After doing research and utilizing different ways to produce feminized cannabis seeds, I have found that using ionic colloidal silver is the most efficient, safest, and cost effective method for producing feminized seeds.

5776f723-cff9-4532-99c4-7adb3bfaa238.jpg
Cannabis pollen sacs.

How Colloidal Silver Works on Cannabis Plants​

Here is how it works: When using colloidal silver formulated and 20 ppm or greater as a foliar spray, drenching the target area of the plant for 10-18 days in a row, the silver ion then inhibits the ethylene production needed by the cannabis plant to produce female flowers; In turn forcing the female plant to produce male pollen sacs. Because female plants having zero male chromosomes the pollen produced is female, resulting in 99.99% guaranteed female seeds when using the pollen from the plant that was treated with colloidal silver.

Read also:

When to apply colloidal silver: The best time to use colloidal silver for feminization would be a day or two before you switch to flowering (12/12.) Immediately begin spraying colloidal silver on newer growth every day until male sacs start to form (typically 10-18 days.)
Once you visualize the male sacs starting to form I would separate and isolate this particular plant from other plants that are flowering so you don’t pollinate other female plants (the less air flow the better so pollen doesn’t get airborne.) Once male sacs are developed it takes quite some time for them to open and produce a yellow like pollen (typically 2-3 weeks but varies with different genetics.)

744f5985-ee67-4f74-9e71-aedf89b837cd.jpg
It can take 2-3 weeks for male sacs to produce pollen once developed.
Once pollen is present, gently tap the sacs on a mirror or smooth surface making it easy to collect the pollen. Use the pollen right away or store it a container in the freezer for later use. Now you have “female pollen” readily available to pollinate any genetics your heart desires! The next step is to pollinate your flowers (everyone uses different methods for pollination so I will let you decide how to do that)

Not only is colloidal silver used as an oligodynamic biocide, but it has many other benefits for plants as well, including feminization and sterilization. Thanks to science and nature's elements, colloidal silver can be used to maximize yields and maintain plant sustainability throughout the entire life cycle of cannabis.

Helpful Tips When Creating Feminized Cannabis Seeds​

• Pick the best looking female plant for this process to ensure premium genetics.
  • Make sure to separate and isolate the plant once sacs start to form – move to another room away from flowering plants.
  • Be prepared and take the necessary steps to have in place, a female cannabis plant that is nicely flowering and isolate and pollinate it with the feminized pollen created with colloidal silver (take some pollen on the end of a Q-tip and gently tap it over the flowers you would like to pollinate.)
Within 3-6 weeks your flowering plant will produce feminized seeds. GUARANTEED!

Morning to ya Droid. I just wanted to commend you on taking an opportunity to learn something new. Using the Silver method is tricky however and can produce some " ugly " offspring. It does however over time with practice on many different strains become easier to adjust the amount of time to use Silver spray. When I was doing an internship years ago we started using this method in our school labs. I personally found that I would prefer to just let nature decide on sex, and cut or move males that I found if not needed.
It is a skill that I am glad I practiced, and learned somewhat for future possible needs. I am very excited when others take the time to progress from just growing to understanding the genetics of growing. That is what has always drawn me to the field in general as it were. Good luck, and if you would like I am pretty sure I have my old manuscripts/study guides from class. I could possibly mail them to you, or post I guess.
As a side note, by years ago I mean several not decades. I just finished my Botany studies and degree about two years ago. I am however over 50 years old and have been growing any and everything I could get my hands on including regular garden materials most of my life.
Once again good luck and the greatest results. Something not tried is always something never achieved..
Green days

I have my old manuscripts/study guides from class. I could possibly mail them to you, or post I guess.
As a side note, by years ago I mean several not decades. I just finished my Botany studies and degree about two years ago. I am however over 50 years old and have been growing any and everything I could get my hands on including regular garden materials most of my life.

Guten Morgen Madd! Awesome. Studying in your 40's gives hope to this lazy son of a bitch! I planned to go back and do chem to unlock the secrets of Cannabis Chemisty, though I keep on saying next year! I need to quit bongs to be honest :D It's most appreciated you would go such lengths to help me out! I'm in Australia so the post would be a bitch for a stack of paper and books though I am very interested in your texts if you can point me in the right direction that would be most rad! If you can tell me what I need perhaps I can maybe find it online, or post some pictures of each book maybe? That would be easy and everyone can then go out and research. I've been looking for as much University level material as possible in general, though as you know theres not much out there for canna. I'm starting with just feminized seeds to first preserve the Candida strain as 5 beans cost over $100 and that was 5 years ago, as from my calculations, I'm looking at 24 months for breeding, and that just the first genetic strain I create. I'll be honest, I suck at genetics. I could never wrap my brain around it all, though to achieve my goal its time I kick genetics in the arse!

Oh, this is the lab gear I'm looking at. It's a science nerds wet dream :p

shortpath.JPG

Mental note: in researching all the bits and pieces, I could probably DIY a lab setup for the fraction of the cost of the pro kit. It would be nice to go all out though I'm running with a negative cash flow, so I guess I'll improvise something within cost!

Today Garden update!

Everything is on track and looking fine. Temps are holding in their norms and the plants are looking healthy. I deliberately took a day off to let the plants do their thing as I've been tinkering with them too much. So it's the watching paint dry part of the grow before the bud candy begins! The peppers are drinking a fuck ton due to their small pots though all have new top nodes emerging. The Skywalker OG seems back on track. New leaf growth is regular and the old deformed leaves seem to b e holding a large amount of nitrogen so I'm literately not watering until I see some form of droop and the container has fully evaporated of liquids.

20220503_073557.jpg
20220503_073526.jpg
20220503_073503_HDR.jpg
20220503_073444_HDR.jpg
20220503_073425_HDR.jpg
20220503_073416.jpg
20220503_073334.jpg
20220503_073313_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom