White Widow Week 9: Is This Ready?

Freegrower97

420 Member
Hi,

I have a white widow that is almost into its 10th flowering week. I bought a scope over a week ago to check the trichomes, but it's not come and I don't think I have time to order another one.

Please can anyone give me their beast guess if this is ready yet? Its my first grow so I'm not sure. Also, the hairs have almost all turned brown, however the flowers at the very bottom still have a lot of white, but they're popcorn nugs.

Thank you

IMG_20200411_100407.jpgIMG_20200411_100538.jpgIMG_20200411_095552.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_095533.jpg
    IMG_20200411_095533.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 320
I tend to go on the trichomes and your's aren't the clearest to discern, I am guessing they are clear/cloudy altho I like a bit of amber too. However, going on the pistils, for my 2 cents I think you need to wait a little longer till the white pistils are more matured and browned off more.

Thanks, I know its hard to tell with just a picture but it's all I can go on right now. I ordered another magnifier from amazon this time, but I'm still gonna be waiting another 6 days!

I just don't wanna wait too long and overripe them!

I think so, you need to buy 20$ jewelers loop off amazon(happy hydro one is perfect!) And observe the trichomes closer, actually... Can you take closer pics please?

I can't get any closer pictures without losing quality. I know it's hard to go on.

5-25% amber trichomes, basically the more milky/cloudy the stronger euphoric effects imo. This is when the resin is peak potentcy im my opinion. Amber the tcha turns to cbn apparently, but have more medicinal benefits! Run experiments/ tests amand find out what you like and dont like! The maturity of the trichomes is what you go by, they house the cannabinoids, the terpenes, the essential oils which is most of the medicine. Best way to learn is to run tests, experiment, research like no other and ask questions like no other and youll be pro in no time. :bongrip: :snowboating:

Best way to reaearch is ask questions on this site and watch youtube videos!!!!

Watch these like 5 times each and you will gain so much knowledge in a weeks time!

Thanks Van,

I'll definitely take a look at some of your suggestions. I'm just interested in immidiate help with this issue. For now think I will leave it until I get my scope in a weeks time.

If anyone has an idea, please let me know if you think I should harvest?

Here is another picture of the trichomes:IMG_20200412_160851.jpg

Hard to tell in that pic. Does not look done there imo. Ill break it down.
Flowers stack up, pistils start to turn and flowers bulk up, then frost up, frosty look is the milky peaking trichomes. Then the white fades and thats when its first ready to harvest imo. Can let go longer though up to you.

Download this, works like a charm for taking high quality zoomed in photos and upload here!! I use it, zoom in, hold phone close, back off a hair and focuses right away!!! Get photo from different distances and side of flower:)
Screenshot_2020-04-12-21-17-32.png

Hey, thanks a lot for all the feedback!

I managed to snag myself a Carson Microbrite on amazon with next day delivery.

@VanIslandConnoisseur you asked for pictures, here's some HD trichome action!
IMG_20200413_172731.jpgIMG_20200413_172510.jpg

The first picture is of the top of the plant, and the second is the lower colas.

As you can see, the top buds are ready and I would like to harvest them before too much goes Amber, however not all of the plant is ready.

Do anyone have some good suggestions as to what I should do?

I thought about harvesting just the top and letting the bottom grow, but I'm planning on putting them under 2 days of darkness before harvest, so that's not possible.

Very hard to tell, can you take pic less zoomed in of the outside of a top flower half way down the flower ?? Thanks, need to see more at once, like 100 trichome shrooms in 1 photo!

Back
Top Bottom