White widow yellowing! Help!

Greenthumb J

So I have some feminized White Widows and one of them is showing this sign of chlorophyll loss in the leaves. they dont feel dry and are not wilting. Can anyone think of what this may be?

Strain: White Widow feminized - 45 days from seed.
Grow medium: DWC, rockwool.
Nutrients: Future Harvests Grow (1-2-5), Common (2-0-0) Aquashield (2ml/litre)

Some quick backstory.

I grow in a BC Northern Lights (BCNL) "Producer" model.

They started in their original hydro set up which was 18 sites, with 35litre reservoir, automated watering each morning @ 845 for approx 5 mins with irrigation drip whips. the large 35liter reservoir (it was very wide rather than deep) was basically impossible to take out to clean without roots being exposed to the floor of the grow box or my apartment floors while i cleaned the Res. I am almost certain that this caused root rot in my plants due to an improper cleaning of the res that held my nutes and airstones and water pump for the auto watering and auto draining feature for Res changes. It doesn't completely remove all the water and it should still be cleaned out, no? Pretty sure there was debris from rockwool and shit and left over nutrients, so i'm sure that it needed to be cleaned out with a proper cleaning solution

So the remaining plants that had survived this terrible environment got transplanted shortly after they received their first dose of Aquashield to help recover these plants from root rot, into DWC containers i made from 2 ( i bought 3 for my next grow) Rubbermaid Roughneck Totes that are 38Litres and measure 61cm x 40.6cm x 22cm (24x16x8.75in for the imperial system users here!) and are the darkest blue i could find.

The grow box has a built in air pump that is powering 4 - 12" airstones which 2 are assigned to each DWC container for an intense amount of bubbles for the roots. They have all since bounced back from their previous ailments, and are really really happy in their new homes, but theres this one plant that is worrying me as it is my favourite so far. It is still bushing up very nicely each day and is actually growing faster than her sister who is the same looking pheno as she is. I have a 3rd Widow in my DWC that is growing symmetrically and is showing no signs of any deficiencies.

Here she is.. my lady of concern:

IMG_20140503_165702.jpg

and a secondary shot of another yellowing spot:

IMG_20140503_165710.jpg

Please if anyone can shed some light as to what is happening here, i would appreciate it.

Re: White widow yellowing!! Help!

i figured they weren't getting much nitrogen, so i upped the amount of Common (2-0-0) in my water res as well as well i give them a top feeding. The plants started to take off pretty well.. Should i worry about these yellowing leaves? They dont feel dry or like they are dying off.

Thanks for the info

-

pluck em when they die off, other than that, just keep moving forward...just outa curiousity, what kinda lighting are you using?

The leaves aren't dying or drying. They have just lost their chlorophyll from the few affected leaves. and continue to grow with the rest of the plant.

As for my lights. Currently in my grow box are a 125w CFL that sits inside the box and 2 400w MH that are in a separate air cooled, fully sealed housing.

Theres a link to my journal (albeit kinda crappy!) in my sig.

thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated :thanks:

Well, certainly shouldn't be the lighting...maybe a root issue, I'm gonna check out your link if you don't mind

Back
Top Bottom