White Widow?

savingson

I have some mixed seeds from bags collected over the years. Im a connoisseur of Dank bud so all my seeds collected are high quality. Any way I recently grew 4 plants. Ive harvested 3 already. The trichomes on this gal is showing cloudy and Amber but some of pistols are staying White. I read that white strains tend to do this. Anyone have any ideas of what strain this could be? Should I harvest? I have been flushing for a few weeks now
420-magazine-mobile215756246.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1638270035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile689147578.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1685809932.jpg

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

One more week of nutes, then a week of 1/4 strength nutes, then a week of 6.0ph water, and that'll be .-y (peachy) .

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

I've got white Bubba Kush which is a cross between the white and pre 98 Bubba Kush it's normal for their hairs to stay White go based on the percentage of Amber crystals not the hairs it's not as accurate

Sent from my Z815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One more week of nutes, then a week of 1/4 strength nutes, then a week of 6.0ph water, and that'll be .-y (peachy) .

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine
Wouldn't that bring me to a late harvest if trichomes are already showing cloudy and Amber? I've already been flushing with pH water for 2 weeks. None of these pistils have turned Amber but the trichomes are getting more Amber. .

Wouldn't that bring me to a late harvest if trichomes are already showing cloudy and Amber? I've already been flushing with pH water for 2 weeks. None of these pistils have turned Amber but the trichomes are getting more Amber. .

That picture, if fresh, is a good solid three weeks from being done. That plant is nowhere near done, I promise.
How many days of 12/12 is that, by the way?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

The hairs will never all turn Amber they take a little longer to bloom 5% to 10% Amber crystals is when I pull them and it doesn't hurt to run the flush longer if you have to

70 days since first flower. 3 other plants diff strains are finished and harvested. She has Lots of Amber Trichomes. I dont want a bad couch lock feeling. Isn't a plants maturity determined by its trichomes not necessarily the pistils? From my understanding a lot of white strains like White Widow keep white pistils the whole grow.

70 days since first flower. 3 other plants diff strains are finished and harvested. She has Lots of Amber Trichomes. I dont want a bad couch lock feeling. Isn't a plants maturity determined by its trichomes not necessarily the pistils? From my understanding a lot of white strains like White Widow keep white pistils the whole grow.

I've never cut a plant where yours is at.
When nutrients are properly tapered, and flush happens, your plant should be converting the stored nitrogen & other nutes into energy, and yellowing, and the pistils should be brown/red/golden and receding.
That plant is just running really long-it happens & it's not a bad thing. You started flushing wayyyyy too early & the plant wasn't ready, & it's not reacted well to the early flush and is still producing crazy pistils. Me, I'd give it more time as I said above.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I've never cut a plant where yours is at.
When nutrients are properly tapered, and flush happens, your plant should be converting the stored nitrogen & other nutes into energy, and yellowing, and the pistils should be brown/red/golden and receding.
That plant is just running really long-it happens & it's not a bad thing. You started flushing wayyyyy too early & the plant wasn't ready, & it's not reacted well to the early flush and is still producing crazy pistils. Me, I'd give it more time as I said above.

Even w tons of amber Trichomes?

Even w tons of amber Trichomes?

420-magazine-mobile1649327547.jpg

This plant absolutely isn't ready. It's pretty, but it looks like where a 60 day finish plant is, at 30ish days. You're in no danger of over-finishing, I promise. It's just a long flower cycle cultivar. If you cut it now, it'll taste like doo.doo it's got more flowers to produce. The oopsy was the early flush, that's really going to have an overall effect on the end result. But you'll learn tons from it, so it's not bad overall. .

She's not ready. If you're really trying to convince yourself she is, take a side branch or two. It will do something good for you now.... it will do something great in 2-4 more weeks. Good luck!
Im not TRYING TO CONVICE MYSELF OF ANYTHING. Only one answered my question. It wasnt IS MY BUD READY. I know how to use a microscope. My trichomes AGAIN are 60% Amber. Im confused thou how 60% AMBER IS NOT "READY"? Believe me I can wait. Again I just dont want . "couchlock" .

I've got white Bubba Kush which is a cross between the white and pre 98 Bubba Kush it's normal for their hairs to stay White go based on the percentage of Amber crystals not the hairs it's not as accurate

Thank you. Everyones telling me its not ready but my trichomes are %60 Amber. I dont want couchlock and read white strains tend to keep white pistils.

If you are looking at the tip I forgot to add this plant foxtailed and thats the tip your looking at.
420-magazine-mobile130885333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2080116954.jpg

They seem to be "foxtails". Anyone heard of this? What I am holding is all new growth. And it looks like a bunch of smaller ones are starting to form.
420-magazine-mobile741568100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1349235406.jpg

They seem to be "foxtails". Anyone heard of this? What I am holding is all new growth. And it looks like a bunch of smaller ones are starting to form.

The foxtailing occurred because the plant was shocked by the incorrect timing of the early flush. And that "60% amber" is a result of the same. If you cut that now, it'll taste like burnt hair, lawnmower trimmings, and hay. The early flush has already adversely skewed your final results, but it doesn't have to end up as "for cooking use only."

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

420-magazine-mobile741568100.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1349235406.jpg

My knowledge on plants "foxtailing" is very limited, but I've realized that if you're able to check your trichomes then ignore the pistils because they'll turn orange when they dry. It's the trichomes that are the most important, as you know, and if they're truly at 60% Amber then cut soon or risk the degradation of the trichomes.

I can't remember if you've done this yet, but you can always take a little nug and quick dry for a taste if you're still worried.

Back
Top Bottom