Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest
If soil... What size pot? One gallon
Size of light? Mars Hydro TS 1000 possibly adding a second one
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 70f-75f lights off 75f -90f lights on
RH of Room/cab? 45-70%
PH of media or res? Will start testing soon.
Any Pests ? None yet
How often are you watering? Water and feed once a week. But can change with what plant uses.
Type and strength of ferts used? using Fox Farm nute schedule. Trio of tiger bloom., grow big, big bloom.

Grow room is in an air conditioning controlled room so as long as the temps and humidity fall in between numbers suggested above I won't make any changes for veg. I plan on staying in veg for roughly 8 weeks. Maybe sooner depending on growth rate. I've already provided one feed at half strength just to introduce them but will be following recommended feeding schedule. I originally planned on starting this from the very beginning but with my other journal setting that up and having a hectic life it was rather hard to sit and have the time to start it. I currently have 2 going right now. Any suggestions please tell them. Thanks for joining and following along.

Attachments

• received_858341194537007.jpeg
    received_858341194537007.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 185
  • received_499588220844875.jpeg
    received_499588220844875.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 185
I would get it into at least a 7 gallon fabric pot asap.
Sounds good. I didn't want to jump to a solo cup into something huge. I went with a milk gallon as I can cut it in half to make the transplant easier. Since they're just over 2 weeks old I'll order them off eBay today and have them moved in the next couple days. I for some reason thought putting them into something to big isn't a great idea.

I have honestly never understood the problem with planting a germinated seed directly into a 25 gallon pot which I've been doing for 4 years now without a single problem.
If your soil tilth is good then it's easy as pie to water it.
The roots will fill up a 25 gallon pot faster than you can imagine.
20190411_230427.jpg
Sounds good. I only thought that from reading others journal's. Since I'm not really that experienced I didn't want to do anything to hurt them. Next run after these I'll go to germ right into their final pots. My method was solo cup to one gallon then final 5 gallon.

If that works best for you then do whatever works.
I've just never seen why anyone would have a problem.
But I am also in a large No-till pot with a lot of companion plants, so I don't think it's even possible to overwater.
In a plain 5 gallon soil grow you might have to be a little bit more careful but as long as you have really good aeration and in a fabric pot and you're careful for the first 2 weeks then I fail to see what the problem is.

I did an autoflower in a 4 gallon fabric pot a few months ago and the thing grew like Kudzu from day one.
By the time it was 3 weeks old I was watering it every single day.

Here it is at I think day two, as you can tell I watered the whole pot.

20190306_191524.jpg

10 days old

20190315_162428.jpg

21 days old it like quadrupled in size in 11 days.

20190326_141941.jpg

10 days later, it's about a month old.
Absolutely must be watered every single day at this point or it will start to droop.
20190405_135726.jpg

So even in a tiny fabric pot I watered the hell out of it and it needed every drop.
Just have to make sure soil tilth is really good before you plant.
Proper soil is about the same as coco.
This was a Clackamas Coots soil recipe living organic soil, mycorrhazae inoculated, watered with only coconut water, aloe vera, and a sprouted seed tea.
I think the problem most people have is their soil isn't right and they're growing in a small plastic pot.
If your soil is right and in a fabric pot, even a tiny 4 gallon then your only concern is watering frequently enough.

If that works best for you then do whatever works.
I've just never seen why anyone would have a problem.
But I am also in a large No-till pot with a lot of companion plants, so I don't think it's even possible to overwater.
In a plain 5 gallon soil grow you might have to be a little bit more careful but as long as you have really good aeration and in a fabric pot and you're careful for the first 2 weeks then I fail to see what the problem is.

I did an autoflower in a 4 gallon fabric pot a few months ago and the thing grew like Kudzu from day one.
By the time it was 3 weeks old I was watering it every single day.

20190306_191524.jpg

10 days old

20190315_162428.jpg

21 days old it like quadrupled in size in 11 days.

20190326_141941.jpg

10 days later, it's about a month old.
Absolutely must be watered every single day at this point or it will start to droop.
20190405_135726.jpg

So even in a tiny fabric pot I watered the hell out of it and it needed every drop.
Just have to make sure soil tilth is really good before you plant.
Proper soil is about the same as coco.
This was a Clackamas Coots soil recipe living organic soil, mycorrhazae inoculated, watered with only coconut water, aloe vera, and a sprouted seed tea.
I think the problem most people have is their soil isn't right and they're growing in a small plastic pot.
If your soil is right and in a fabric pot, even a tiny 4 gallon then your only concern is watering frequently enough.
I'm using FFOF. This is my other grow and i was going to basically run the WW the same way. Also I'm growing in a closet with no doors, a fan cut into the closest wall to allow fresh air in. An oscillating fan on the plants as well as the A.C to fight temps if need be. And I have zero experience. Have yet to get a harvest in but I am.new to this.

Attachments

• 20190731_114225.jpg
    20190731_114225.jpg
    860.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 20190731_114211.jpg
    20190731_114211.jpg
    954.9 KB · Views: 196
I would transplant out of those tiny plastic pots that are only half full of soil into at least 5 gallon fabric pots and if you use the FFOF then add about 20% Pumice and some rice hulls and precharged biochar wouldn't hurt either.
And FILL the fabric pots to the brim.
If you're going to do organic which means do not use ANY synthetic salt based nutrients, then you need to inoculate the soil with mycorrhazae every two weeks.

As a n00b you want to make it as easy on yourself as possible and give yourself plenty of buffer for mistakes.
A tiny plastic pot half full of soil is the surest way to screw yourself.
Someone like Emily for instance can get away with using something like a 3 gallon plastic pot because she knows exactly what shes doing, less likely to make a mistake and if she does knows exactly what to do before it gets out of hand.

Myself, iam a lazy SOB and want the easiest surest way possible that's virtually fool proof.
25 gallon Living Organic Soil No-till can not possibly be easier, has a huge buffer, no pH worries, literally can't overwater if you tried.
Plus it has the added benefit of producing the finest bud you'll ever taste.
You may not be able to use pots that size in your space but use the biggest you can manage.
It will make it much easier to get a successful grow.

Hey Peckerhead, thanks for making a grow journal.
If you don't mind i'm going to sit here a watch you do magic. :popcorn:

Wick :morenutes:

I would transplant out of those tiny plastic pots that are only half full of soil into at least 5 gallon fabric pots and if you use the FFOF then add about 20% Pumice and some rice hulls and precharged biochar wouldn't hurt either.
If you're going to do organic which means do not use ANY synthetic salt based nutrients, then you need to inoculate the soil with mycorrhazae every two weeks.

As a n00b you want to make it as easy on yourself as possible and give yourself plenty of buffer for mistakes.

Myself, iam a lazy SOB and want the easiest surest way possible that's virtually fool proof.
25 gallon Living Organic Soil No-till can not possibly be easier, has a huge buffer, no pH worries, literally can't overwater if you tried.
You may not be able to use pots that size in your space but use the biggest you can manage.

once I get a successful grow in and I'm on my way to one now pending any major screw ups. I'll be looking to try different methods and what not. I just wanted to try to keep it as basic as possible for me. when I fill a pot I fill to the top but first water drop the soil and inch or two. They've been in one gallon for about a week now give or take a day. Actually already ordered the 5 gallon fabric pots. So within a couple days I'll have them transplanted into their finals. Right now my space allows for I'd say maximum 6 plants but I'm keeping a rotation of plants going so the number stays around 3-4 per space. the thing I see hurting me most is reading tons of info and using it as my guidelines to my grow instead of the plant itself. I'm not.really comfortable yet with really anything so the more hands on I get the more I learn. Just 4 weeks ago I didn't know anything about growing but I'm getting there. Little at a time.

Welcome. You're welcome anytime. I could use all the help and advice I can get along the way.

If you want the best tip in the world, purchase the best digital PH meter that you can afford.
PH is everything, it will make you or break you.

Second tip, water your plants correctly if you want good roots.

click on the link in my signature, "The proper way to water a potted plant" written by @Emilya .
using her method will give you strong and robust plants.

If you want the best tip in the world, purchase the best digital PH meter that you can afford.
PH is everything, it will make you or break you.

Second tip, water your plants correctly if you want good roots.

click on the link in my signature, "How to water a potted plant" written by @Emilya .
using her method will give you strong and robust plants.
I actually used her thread to help me learn how to water correctly. So I got that down. The PH meter I haven't received in the mail yet as I ordered it last week. I used a strip on my water a few days ago as I'm using mountain spring water and it came in at 6.4. So hopefully within a few days I should have it. My mailman is hating me right now because I literally just started buying everything in the last 3 weeks. When I found this site lol. Crazy I have LEDs I don't even use now haha. So while I'm still new im also new to everything ordered as well.

I went from one $20 LED and a container with no drainage, no fan, no nothing to where I'm at now. Hell...I don't even know how i kept that plant alive honestly. Now I have 2 closets a grow box for seedlings fans cut into walls just the tip of the iceberg in less then 3 weeks and honestly it's because of this forum. I've learned a lot and still am learning. Can't wait to see where I'll be in another couple weeks. I owe it all to everyone here. Now I even feel confident helping others in their problems if I can.

I went from one $20 LED and a container with no drainage, no fan, no nothing to where I'm at now. Hell...I don't even know how i kept that plant alive honestly. Now I have 2 closets a grow box for seedlings fans cut into walls just the tip of the iceberg in less then 3 weeks and honestly it's because of this forum. I've learned a lot and still am learning. Can't wait to see where I'll be in another couple weeks. I owe it all to everyone here. Now I even feel confident helping others in their problems if I can.

Amen to all of this! Im in the same boat as you man, really wanted to do this for a while and if i hadnt found these forums i dont think i ever would have given it a go. So much invaluable experience and knowledge to be gained from like minded people.

@Nunyabiz thats after two days?? I have not long germinated 2 White Widows myself and they are both tiny compared to this girl! I've been wishing my time away to hopefully get home one day and see some serious signs that shes getting somewhere. I cant wait to see some serious foliage.

Amen to all of this! Im in the same boat as you man, really wanted to do this for a while and if i hadnt found these forums i dont think i ever would have given it a go. So much invaluable experience and knowledge to be gained from like minded people.

we will both be there in no time. Just keep reading and joining as many threads as possible. I do it to see everyone's techniques as well as see if something they do works better then what I do. Helps a ton.

I have honestly never understood the problem with planting a germinated seed directly into a 25 gallon pot which I've been doing for 4 years now without a single problem.
If your soil tilth is good then it's easy as pie to water it.
The roots will fill up a 25 gallon pot faster than you can imagine.
20190411_230427.jpg
That's whati do. I soak seed until it sinks then directly into FFOF tip down and around 36 hours later ive got a newborn.
Btw i use 5 galkon fabric pots

@Nunyabiz thats after two days?? I have not long germinated 2 White Widows myself and they are both tiny compared to this girl! I've been wishing my time away to hopefully get home one day and see some serious signs that shes getting somewhere. I cant wait to see some serious foliage.
Yep, that should be at 2 days after popping out of the ground.
This particular plant grew amazingly fast but it was an autoflower on a 20/4 light schedule.
It's a Honey Peach CBD auto
I am about to grow another one of these in about a week or so.

Sounds good. I only thought that from reading others journal's. Since I'm not really that experienced I didn't want to do anything to hurt them. Next run after these I'll go to germ right into their final pots. My method was solo cup to one gallon then final 5 gallon.
You could try doing both ways next grow and see which way works best for you.
Do one planted into at least a 5 gallon fabric pot and do the other one with all the transplanting as see if it makes any difference to you.

Back
Top Bottom