Myco
Flora trio 1/2 strength
Diamond nectar
floralicious Plus
Cal-mag (botanicare)
Silicate (botanicare)
5 gallon fabric

The problem

I'm in veg and I've been getting these yellow/white spots on my leaves. I am mixing nutrients in the correct order silicate before Cal mag then base and the rest. 6-700 ppm and 6.3 ph. I water every otherday by hand and and alternate in between pure water and full feed. Saw 1 fungus fly but no others since they began. Bought yellow strips and haven't had a problem. Can somebody help me identify what's going on here.

20210731_100730.jpg

20210731_100723.jpg

20210731_100711.jpg

Moving them in and out is a sure fire way to get critters on your chicks. Also no need to water every day or every other day….. watering on a schedule makes for lazy roots that don’t know how to search for water, but I suspect the real problem is lack of oxygen to the root zone. Weed roots in that type of soil mix can‘t breathe in a continuously wet soil. Gravity works… so when top layer of soil is dry, the bottom is still very wet. Plants that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days easy with no water added. Run the wet / dry cycle in veg but in flower you can keep them more well watered, for now all they know is the wet / drenched cycle….

if you were in living organic soil you could water more freely but as it stands that’s just sunshine mix and worm poop. BRB with link, this article by @Emilya should be required reading How to water a potted plant but one word of caution…. your chicks need to dry out all the way to the bottom before you begin watering this way.

my 2 cents more will jump in later

best of luck and welcome aboard!

Moving them in and out is a sure fire way to get critters on your chicks. Also no need to water every day or every other day….. watering on a schedule makes for lazy roots that don’t know how to search for water, but the real problem here is lack of oxygen to the root zone. Weed roots in that type of soil mix can‘t breathe in a continuously wet soil. Gravity works… so when top layer of soil is dry, the bottom is still very wet. Plants that size should be able to go 5 to 7 days easy with no water added. Run the wet / dry cycle in veg but in flower you can keep them more well watered, for now all they know is the wet / drenched cycle….

if you were in living organic soil you could water more freely but as it stands that’s just sunshine mix and worm poop. BRB with link, this article by @Emilya should be required reading How to water a potted plant but one word of caution…. your chicks need to dry out all the way to the bottom before you begin watering this way.

my 2 cents more will jump in later

best of luck and welcome aboard!
My bad. I edited because the way I worded it was wrong. Sorry. I actually water every other day and alternate between full feed and pure water. I did ask some extra perilite to the sunshine for more drainag also. Thanks for your input man. I'll give that a try

Back
Top Bottom