Whiterabit's Hydro White Widow & White Cookies: First Grow, May 2019

Whiterabit

Hey guys, Starting my official grow today! I'll turning to members for ideas and help along the way. Below is all the details of strains and equipment. Thanks in advance for joining me on the journey. :)

STRAINS (CropKingSeeds)
White Widow
- 60/40 Indica Dominant Hybrid
White Cookies
- 60/40 Indica Dominant Hybrid

GROW
There will be 4 plants in total. All 4 plants will be grown in AutoPots.

EQUIPMENT
*5x5 Marshydro tent
*1000 MH & 1000 HPS bulbs
*Air cooled hood with exhaust fan and 6' filter
*6' fan + 6' filter for air intake
*AutoPot system - 47L res, 4x 15L pots, 4x airdomes, Res water pump
*100 Gal air pump (for airdomes)
*Inkbird humidity controller, Inkbird temperature controller
*Humidifier & Heater + monitors
*PH meter

GROW MEDIA
I've read and been told several options regarding the grow substrate. If any of you have used the autopots or grown WW/WC what would you suggest? I'll be potting the baby girls in a few days and I'd like to use the same substrate in both cups and pots if possible.

NUTRIENTS
FloraGro, FloraBloom, and FloraMicro

TIPS
Anyone setting up a tent for the first time can learn from my mistakes lol I bought semi flex duct piping and after a few hours of trying to bend it into place and manoeuvre it around the tent I finally went out and bought the thin flex type, which was really easy to setup. Also, grab a bunch of large carabiners as most of the ones that come with products and or amazon pullies are not large enough to go around most tent poles. Lastly, try to budget for a tent, like the Gorillas, that have several support bars as this will make it much easier to strap and position your equipment.

Phew, I think that's everything! If I've managed to forget something important or you think I should add something for greater success please let me know! I'll post tomorrow to see the crack rate of the seeds I'm dunking asap...…

WhiteRabit

Attachments

• 20190530_121243.jpg
    20190530_121243.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20190530_155322.jpg
    20190530_155322.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 138
Hey @Whiterabit! :ganjamon: Solid setup! And awesome genetics. You’ve got loads of space to grow quite a couple plants, but I think going with 4 in there will be easy to manage and you’ll be able to make 4 monsters so good choice on the number of plants. Have you got any lighting for your Seedling stage? Your 1000w will be too strong initially. A simple CFL setup or T5, T8 Florescent tube will get them going till they ready for your big light :yummy:
Looking forward to see your grow! :yahoo::morenutes::rollit:

Hey @Whiterabit! :ganjamon: Solid setup! And awesome genetics. You’ve got loads of space to grow quite a couple plants, but I think going with 4 in there will be easy to manage and you’ll be able to make 4 monsters so good choice on the number of plants. Have you got any lighting for your Seedling stage? Your 1000w will be too strong initially. A simple CFL setup or T5, T8 Florescent tube will get them going till they ready for your big light :yummy:
Looking forward to see your grow! :yahoo::morenutes::rollit:

Hey Irie Lion (awesome username!) thanks, man! I figured first indoor grow with some LST and scrog I'd stick with 4 plants to make it easier to manage and hopefully grow some big buds. Plus, if anything goes sideways it's only 4 plants and not 8.... Couldn't handle that much heartbreak lol

I just picked up some clay pebbles to put in the bottom of the pots for the airdomes and went with coco to fill the rest. What are your thoughts on coco grows? The medium was driving me nuts on what to use (soil vs mix vs coco).

As for lighting, I was going to use some cfls as they broke ground. My ballast is dimmable so I was also thinking of putting them close to the hood at lower wattage with the MH bulb.

I've definitely overthought all this as I'm exhausted and I haven't even put the babys in pots yet lol

Thanks for joining me on this ride!

Coco is very forgiving, it’s my go to substrate.
I was going through your previous grows - Good strains and awesome job, man.

Do you use straight coco? I was going to add perilite but I'll be using airdomes so they'll get enough oxygen right?

I'm potting the seedlings tonight. I've spent two days trying to solve the issue of what medium I put them in for the first 10 days... Do I put them in cups... Straight in the pots... Everyone does something different. Lost a lot of sleep lol

Attachments

• 20190601_114806.jpg
    20190601_114806.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 125
My tap roots on 3 WW and 1 WC were about an inch so I potted them. The medium is straight coco. I watered the soil then placed the seedlings tap down about 1/4 inch. Covered the seedlings with loose soil and sprayed a bit of water on top.

I started an 18/6 light schedule using sunlight (higher blue spectrum) bulbs.....

Heat is at 27c and humidity is 67%

So far so good?

Attachments

• 20190601_222109.jpg
    20190601_222109.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 112
Hey Irie Lion (awesome username!) thanks, man! I figured first indoor grow with some LST and scrog I'd stick with 4 plants to make it easier to manage and hopefully grow some big buds. Plus, if anything goes sideways it's only 4 plants and not 8.... Couldn't handle that much heartbreak lol

I just picked up some clay pebbles to put in the bottom of the pots for the airdomes and went with coco to fill the rest. What are your thoughts on coco grows? The medium was driving me nuts on what to use (soil vs mix vs coco).

As for lighting, I was going to use some cfls as they broke ground. My ballast is dimmable so I was also thinking of putting them close to the hood at lower wattage with the MH bulb.

I've definitely overthought all this as I'm exhausted and I haven't even put the babys in pots yet lol

Thanks for joining me on this ride!
I’m gonna tag along

WEEK 1

The babies have sprouted. I couldn't find the rooters in time so 3 WW and 1 WC are potted in straight coco. I've given them a feeding with 1/4 calmag (per gallon water).

LIGHTS - 24/7
TEMP - 27
HUMIDITY - 65%
PH - 6.1
NUTES - 1/4 Calmag (per gallon)

Attachments

• 20190603_141753.jpg
    20190603_141753.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 106
Good to see them break the surface :yummy:

The girls are growing quick! Roots are shooting out of the bottom of pot. Giving a feeding of PH 6.1 with GH flora series and calmag once daily.

I think they're slightly stretching. I lowered the heat to 22 and humidity to 60%. Should I increase light output?

Attachments

• 20190604_133256.jpg
    20190604_133256.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 111
Should I increase light output?
She’s growing well and at this stage does not need more light power than it’s getting. Nice job :yummy:

Here is one of the white Widows on day 4. I've been doing a water with calmag feeding then water with nutes + calmag.

Does she look like everything is going smoothly?

I have a 6' filtered fan intake and 6' filtered fan exhaust both running simultaneously. My humidity is at 50% because of the air flow.

Attachments

• 20190608_021216.jpg
    20190608_021216.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 120
She's looking great @Whiterabit :yummy: I'd hold back on the nutes for now you may risk burning her, they don't need much at this stage to get them going.

Back
Top Bottom