Whiterabit's Hydro White Widow & White Cookies: First Grow, May 2019

Hey man, nice setup. Looks like you and I started around the same time. I'll be following. I wouldnt worry about stretching so far, they look pretty good, and the seedling stretch phase is over.
Checked (and following) your grow... You're not messing around! Appreciate the remark about my setup but yours is inspiring! Since our grows are so close in age it's going go be fun comparing them. :passitleft:

I need that PH monitor! Looks awesome.

*Day 12*

Took this photo last night of the White Widow. I transplanted the girls into their 3.9 gal autopot finishing pots on Thursday. Their roots were going crazy coming out of their seedling pots so figured I'd give it a shot.

They seem to have taken to the move. How does she look? I've got the n00b panic lol

Attachments

• 20190613_181158.jpg
    20190613_181158.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 101
*Day 13*

Here are the girls tonight. Everything is consistent - PH 5.5 to 6.5, temps 24-28, humidity is 50-60.... However the pots aren't drying and I'm at a feeding every 2 days now.

Any noticeable concerns would be helpful to get on fixing.

(The last picture is a White Cookies - She started to yellow in a few leaves but I think I managed to correct it)

Attachments

• 20190615_224029.jpg
    20190615_224029.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190615_224046.jpg
    20190615_224046.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190615_224125.jpg
    20190615_224125.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 20190615_224129.jpg
    20190615_224129.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190615_224145.jpg
    20190615_224145.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190615_224140.jpg
    20190615_224140.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 98
They look pretty perfect to me mate. Don't let the coco dry out though or they won't look like that for long.
Drying it causes nutes to build up in the pot which opens up a whole shit storm of possible side effects.
Best to feed it every day but only water around the plant. Don't soak the full pot cos you want those roots going straight down so you can stop feeding them And let the pots work there magic.

Really is magic too. Seen some scary things done in 15L autopots that just defy the laws of nature lol

They look pretty perfect to me mate. Don't let the coco dry out though or they won't look like that for long.
Drying it causes nutes to build up in the pot which opens up a whole shit storm of possible side effects.
Best to feed it every day but only water around the plant. Don't soak the full pot cos you want those roots going straight down so you can stop feeding them And let the pots work there magic.

Really is magic too. Seen some scary things done in 15L autopots that just defy the laws of nature lol
Thanks my man. Appreciate the advice! :) I've been watering about 3-4 inches out from the stock so hopefully that's enough feeding and to get the roots to go down. Can't wait to fire the pots up next week! I've also seen some monsters grown in the autopots.... I'd love to create some beasts! At this stage though I'm just looking for happy plants.

If all goes well I was thinking of topping and LST. Mainlining looks pretty cool, but probably too advanced for this grow. What are your thoughts?

BTW, your auto ultimate..... Insane! Lol

Thanks my man. Appreciate the advice! :) I've been watering about 3-4 inches out from the stock so hopefully that's enough feeding and to get the roots to go down. Can't wait to fire the pots up next week! I've also seen some monsters grown in the autopots.... I'd love to create some beasts! At this stage though I'm just looking for happy plants.

If all goes well I was thinking of topping and LST. Mainlining looks pretty cool, but probably too advanced for this grow. What are your thoughts?

BTW, your auto ultimate..... Insane! Lol
Lol thanks buddy. Up to you really. I wouldn't go for mainline though, there's a thread on here called "quadlining" go have a look through that. Same thing but start with 4 mains instead of 2. There's lots of detailed pics how to do it in the thread. Nothing about growing weed is particularly 'advanced' tbh.
It does take a while to get used to playing with the plants. You'll snap bits off here and there whenever you start so as well getting the painful bit out the way imo.
When you do snap bits off though just plant it. If it survives you've got another plant :)
Also get some liquid scillica if you haven't already. Turns the stems to rubber amongst many other things. Really handy for bending plants as makes them quite hard to accidentally snap.
It reinforces the structure of the plant and makes it more immune to various pest problems.

Hey @Whiterabit, they’re looking great! :yummy: I’d recommend topping your plants when the timing is right and starting with LST as it’s simple, effective and there’s no specific way to do it so you can learn yourself instead of following a step by step guide.

Lol thanks buddy. Up to you really. I wouldn't go for mainline though, there's a thread on here called "quadlining" go have a look through that. Same thing but start with 4 mains instead of 2. There's lots of detailed pics how to do it in the thread. Nothing about growing weed is particularly 'advanced' tbh.
It does take a while to get used to playing with the plants. You'll snap bits off here and there whenever you start so as well getting the painful bit out the way imo.
When you do snap bits off though just plant it. If it survives you've got another plant :)
Also get some liquid scillica if you haven't already. Turns the stems to rubber amongst many other things. Really handy for bending plants as makes them quite hard to accidentally snap.
It reinforces the structure of the plant and makes it more immune to various pest problems.
I don't have the scillica but I've read it's pretty good. I'll grab some today while I'm out n' about. As for the bits I'm hoping to not have a forest from planting all my mistakes :laughtwo: Once it's time for the first snip I'll post pics of my plan so you can let me know if that's cool?

Hey @Whiterabit, they’re looking great! :yummy: I’d recommend topping your plants when the timing is right and starting with LST as it’s simple, effective and there’s no specific way to do it so you can learn yourself instead of following a step by step guide.
Thanks, man! :blunt:im waiting for the 5th node to start topping..... They are on 4 right now (the 4th is small). I like the idea of quadlining and aiming for lots of colas as I only have 4 plants with 1000hps or dual 600hps (right now I have a 1000 on 600 output). Thanks for the help! You guys are amazing and it's greatly appreciated!

I don't have the scillica but I've read it's pretty good. I'll grab some today while I'm out n' about. As for the bits I'm hoping to not have a forest from planting all my mistakes :laughtwo: Once it's time for the first snip I'll post pics of my plan so you can let me know if that's cool?
Yeah it's amazing stuff mate the difference is night and day. Add it to the mix before anything else as some brands can react with things if they're already in there. Makes the scillica go into little balls and becomes useless. Use exactly as stated on the bottle too as it should only be around 40ppm. And watch don't get it on your skin, it's a bit burny lol. It'll jump the ph of the mix up to 8+ aswell so you'll need to adjust it back down at the end.
Awesome stuff but gotta be careful with it :)

Yeah it's amazing stuff mate the difference is night and day. Add it to the mix before anything else as some brands can react with things if they're already in there. Makes the scillica go into little balls and becomes useless. Use exactly as stated on the bottle too as it should only be around 40ppm. And watch don't get it on your skin, it's a bit burny lol. It'll jump the ph of the mix up to 8+ aswell so you'll need to adjust it back down at the end.
Awesome stuff but gotta be careful with it :)
Grabbed some GH armour SI. Hopefully it's good stuff. Went with that one just to keep all my nutes General Hydroponics.

Thanks for the advice! You are awesome, man.

Attachments

• 20190616_151304.jpg
    20190616_151304.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 95
Grabbed some GH armour SI. Hopefully it's good stuff. Went with that one just to keep all my nutes General Hydroponics.

Thanks for the advice! You are awesome, man.
Very welcome mate. Yeah your always best not to mix brands.they tend to contain fairly different things so aren’t always suitable. Feel free if you ever have any questions. It keeps me off Facebook lol.

Thanks, man! :blunt:im waiting for the 5th node to start topping..... They are on 4 right now (the 4th is small). I like the idea of quadlining and aiming for lots of colas as I only have 4 plants with 1000hps or dual 600hps (right now I have a 1000 on 600 output). Thanks for the help! You guys are amazing and it's greatly appreciated!
Nice! Don't underestimate that 600w HPS buddy, i'm running a 600w hps right now and you can pull some impressive yields & quality flowers under them :yahoo: :yummy: I've got 5 plants under my 600hps and they were LST'd to spread them out and fill my canopy with some nice tops soo you're welcome to take a look and see what you can do under your 600hps if you LST. Quadlining looks amazing and is good fun so if you're up for it give it a go! I'll be going for 4 bigger plants next instead of 5.

Looking great @Whiterabit ! If you run into any trouble down the road, its important to fix it quickly but it's even more important to fix it correctly. When I first started I would chase symptoms and correct with the first solution I found, which wasnt always the best way or even the right diagnosis. Dont fret the little stuff and trust in the good people here at 420, they wont steer you wrong.
Oh and dont forget to empty your humidifier when you clean it lol. You'll see I had an issue to say the least.
I 2nd @irie lion about the topping and lst. Even if you dont scrog, it's useful for keeping your plants in check and maximizing your light footprint.

Hey guys, just turned the girls on (their lights....) They look like they have a yellow tinge to them! Do they look alright or is there something I should be addressing?

The 600mh light is 14 inches away (fan cooled), I've been feeding half nute strength once a day with 20% runoff and offering a foliage spray when lights go out.

Attachments

• 20190617_173414.jpg
    20190617_173414.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice! Don't underestimate that 600w HPS buddy, i'm running a 600w hps right now and you can pull some impressive yields & quality flowers under them :yahoo::yummy: I've got 5 plants under my 600hps and they were LST'd to spread them out and fill my canopy with some nice tops soo you're welcome to take a look and see what you can do under your 600hps if you LST. Quadlining looks amazing and is good fun so if you're up for it give it a go! I'll be going for 4 bigger plants next instead of 5.
I checked out your grow and definitely impressed what a 600 Watt will yield with the right training. I wasn't dissing the wattage by any means lol

Looking great @Whiterabit ! If you run into any trouble down the road, its important to fix it quickly but it's even more important to fix it correctly. When I first started I would chase symptoms and correct with the first solution I found, which wasnt always the best way or even the right diagnosis. Dont fret the little stuff and trust in the good people here at 420, they wont steer you wrong.
Oh and dont forget to empty your humidifier when you clean it lol. You'll see I had an issue to say the least.
I 2nd @irie lion about the topping and lst. Even if you dont scrog, it's useful for keeping your plants in check and maximizing your light footprint.
Oh man, read about the humidifier fiasco. Lol hope they are looking better now. That's definitely a move I'd make.

I've been reading up on all the methods to use and excited by them all. I think the trellis-less training might be what I go with. Ordered some vivosun plant ties stuff but seems like it'll cut the plants...

Back
Top Bottom