Who has seen the latest ONDCP propaganda?

hossua34

This one enraged me like no anti-pot ad has for a long time...

It starts with shots of three different teenagers, looking at their most cherished possessions (a guitar, a nice car, some sports trophies and medals). Then it sequentially shows each one taking these things outside, or to the fireplace, and setting them on fire while they stare glassy-eyed. Then a voice comes on and says "marijuana costs you more than you think..."

Ok... What... The... FUCK. Not only do I not know exactly what this ad is implying, but anything that it possibly could be implying is outrageously off-base. Are they saying that you will sell your most cherished possessions for weed money because you will become an addict? Or is it that you won't have the motivation or skill to be able to play an instrument, or win a medal? I don't know. Please, ONDCP, help me understand what the hell that was all about...

The only reason ads like these exist is to scare little kids and parents, who aren't educated enough to make the connection that these ads are BULLSHIT, into think pot is just as dangerous as crack or heroin. And it's working, sadly... the public at large still believes it is a good thing that smoking pot is a crime. Meanwhile, I've NEVER seen an ad warning against the dangers of binge drinking, but it's kills thousands every year. It's good to see the ONDCP and the Bush administration have their priorities straight...

yea i saw that add yesturday. thats sucks. you know Dr. Ron Paul is going to end the anti- pot adds.

Yeah, I used to support Ron Paul, regardless of the fact that he has not a snowball's chance in hell of winning a race... But when you look at his past, he's really a bit of a scumbag in disguise. Dude used to publish ranting newsletters smearing blacks, gays and other groups. No wonder even the Republicans aren't willing to touch him with a ten foot pole.

I hate those ads its like the catorigize Pot the same way they do crack. Its so bullshit, Pot aint no gateway drug eaither, I have been toking for some time now and not once have i had the urge to do X or Coke. These ads must end because they are lying to the world.

I really get pissed off about shit like this because its unfair. Im down with banning METH, Crack, and all those other bad drugs but Cannabis is not even a drug to me its a wonder plant, that is it can be used for a myrid of things.

At one time I used diff drugs,but to be perfectly honest mj had always been my favorite,and I belive it actually kept me from sticking with the hard drugs.When these boneheads start talking stuff they don't know it really torques my nerves.That would be like me trying to explain how a space shuttle works,have no idea,but I won't pretend to and give false info.:grinjoint:

Right on 420 brother, like we need any more lies put out there, fuck this government.

Have you seen the one where a teen is cocooned in MJ and breaks out as a older man?
does this mean if you smoke you will grow up?
Why are they wasting money on ads that are stupid. they should do one that shows a smoker making stupid commercials

yes I agree these adds tick me so bad ! I just despise them with a passion .. I honestly get mad and comment on how dumb they are.. and i do this where ever i happen to be when they come on .. Then you get the your a pothead look .. And it hurts coming from ones you love that condone the members of the family drinking and driving but prohibit and is disgusted by one getting "stoned" "why are your eyes so red" Sorry just got myself a new water bong and some good smoke.. I am quite baked ..

Its actually funny how the government has changed its approach to its "propaganda" of pot. In the 30s and that sh*thead who started it all Anslinger, there were actually movies made that told people that if you smoked pot you would turn into a crazy murderer and have wild orgies. I've even seen a commercial that showed a guy who just smoked pot break a glass bottle of soda on a brick wall then trying to drink it and in the process cutting up his throat apparently with all the broken glass. Umm if you did that it wasn't because of pot, its because you're a dumbass

Then they moved to the gateway thing in the 50s that said if you smoked pot you would start doing heroin. Then in the 70s pot made you lazy and unmotivated. In the 80s Reagan went into office and drug policy reform took a HUGE step back and the ads with fried egg and the crazy chick who went psycho with the pan and was smashing crap all over the place. Who can forget the ninja turtles ad. And of course Pete's couch too. And the most recent ones with the chick and the talking dog. The girl who apparently made some scandalous pics because "she was so high"

I hate anti pot ads.

I had a poster that said "this is your brain(frying pan)this is your brain on pot(eggs frying)this is your brain on pot with a side order of bacon(frying bacon)

I always thought the "this is your brain on drugs" commercials were aimed more at methamphetamine, or maybe crack. Still, I guess it does the same damage when people remember it as including pot, too.

All I can say is I am a proud member of pete's couch club ,I love fried egg's and bacon and if my damn dog talked to me sternley about smoking I would trade his ass off to ripley's belive it or not for a fat sack of nugz.Nobody comes beteen me and mary.:ciao:then:smokin::bong::bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom