Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

God damn! Shit is crowded up in there! Gotta fill every square inch, I know how it is.

I’ll have to come follow along as you finish up your journal. You should come check out what I’ve got goin on, I’ve got some serious fun coming up.

Just a quick update on my Chemdawg.

WEEK 6-7 ISH

The hairs have rapidly begun turning orange/brown; I'm liking the look of it.
They've fattened up just a tad.

Got a couple of questions for you master growers, seeing as this is only my second grow... never got this far last time, lol.

So I've started using Canna Boost, and people seem to be skeptical about it. If anyone here has used it, and seen results, it's meant to speed up the maturation and harvesting time... any idea by how much, how many weeks, roughly that it can knock off flowering time?

I've seen people harvest this strain at weeks 9, 10, and 11, so trying to judge where I'm at with mine is difficult.

Last question... I also see some folk don't count the first week or two of flowering, as it is more of a transitional phase, before flowers pop up... I seem to think I am on week 6, but looking at other grow journals, I think mine looks more like a week 7 or 8... shall I just say I'm on week 8 lol, or have I done the right thing and not counted the first couple weeks?

I'm starting to think about when to flush; trichomes are not ready yet, but waiting on a better scope to do a thorough check.

As for my extractor fan update, I got one, tried it, and it nearly tore my tent down, as well as being too loud for my fellow neighbours - so much for stealth, that thing was louder than a vacuum cleaner... so perhaps a 6 inch was too big; anyhow, I am going to brave it and do without this time, at my own risk. If I get bud rot, it shouldn't hurt too much, but so far no bud rot has cropped up - keeping the fans on all night and day, so moisture never settles on the plant anyway.

Sorry for all the random babble, I'm still learning.

20150115_163819.jpg
20150115_163918.jpg

Nice job there @SaulGoodman2019! I’ve gotta say, I think it’s a mistake to state your flowering days without the stretch period. It just makes everything more confusing than it needs to be. I always count my flower days from flip, just for simplicity sake.

Secondly, your plants are too far along to really flush. Typically the only reason to flush during flower is to rinse the medium of excess salt so that the plant can continue up taking nutrients at maximum capacity. Giving just plain water the last weeks is completely debunked as a myth.

Nice job there @SaulGoodman2019! I’ve gotta say, I think it’s a mistake to state your flowering days without the stretch period. It just makes everything more confusing than it needs to be. I always count my flower days from flip, just for simplicity sake.

Secondly, your plants are too far along to really flush. Typically the only reason to flush during flower is to rinse the medium of excess salt so that the plant can continue up taking nutrients at maximum capacity. Giving just plain water the last weeks is completely debunked as a myth.

I had to message the guys at Humboldt seeds just to get a clear answer; they state their 9 week flowering guideline is indeed from flip :).

I am still on the fence, too many people debate the flush thing. I hear ya though. So are you saying it won't matter about flushing or not? I'm coming up to week 8, and was planning on flushing then, until end of week 9, as I'm in coco, and apparently one week flush is enough for that medium... but again, flushing or not, might not be needed at all. I've even seen people do a couple days in coco. (Coco gets flushed every day till run-off anyway, so with the non-flush logic, it shouldn't really matter, no salts to build up, it's continually flushed). I was merely following the crowd on this whole flush thing, I don't disagree with you however.

I'm really terrible at this reading the trichomes part, got myself a 100x scope, and I see mostly cloudy at the tops, with far too many popped amber heads, and one or two clear. middle of the plant tops are much better, due to being further away from the light. They have an even clear to cloudy ratio and a few ambers too... I was thinking of just cutting it bang on the recommended flowering time, to save the headache. I still would like the bottom to go after anyway, they are pretty immature, all clear trichomes. I let it get too tall.

Apparently I have two weeks left, if I am to cut at the end of week 9... is it too early at week 7 1/2? I don't wanna mess up. Looking for that heavy stoney high, body shaking and all, lol... if possible.

P.S been using Canna Boost, not sure if that has sped up the maturation process, as it states it does.

And once again, thank you all for the advice, I would be screwing up if it wasn't for this thread and the helpful members.

You can always remove from the middle up and leave the rest of the plant to mature for another week or two. Give the bottom of the plant two weeks in the bright lights. Just raise it up to the necessary height. It won't create miracles but will help the buds to mature some over the two week time period.

Also keep in mind that the flowering time given by breeders is a guestimate. Flowering time can be altered by several factors to include environment, nutrients (if any) malted barley (speeds up flowering) , lights used to name a couple. I look at the breeders flowering time as an "In perfect conditions" number. I usually add two weeks to that for my grows and then subtract 1 week because I use malted barley.

@SaulGoodman2019 regarding flushing in coco, I’ve personally never used coco so I won’t be much help.. but giving your plants no nutrients at the time when they’re producing the most amount of resin in their lives seems like a mistake. If I were you I’d go on feeding like regular, see how you like the product. If you think it could be better or you’re not happy, try flushing the next harvest.

I harvested my Chem 91 X Alien Dog Cherry plant this evening and started trimming her up. I think last time I posted pics of her here she was about 3 weeks into flowering. Anyway I snapped a few photos of her. Hope you like them.

Chem 91 X Alien Dog Cherry at flip + 65 days. No way to describe her aroma other then dank with a very light sweet twist. And I mean really light on the twist.

Here is a photo of one of her buds I'm in the process of trimming this evening. One of the easiest plants to trim ever.

I harvested my Chem 91 X Alien Dog Cherry plant this evening and started trimming her up. I think last time I posted pics of her here she was about 3 weeks into flowering. Anyway I snapped a few photos of her. Hope you like them.

Chem 91 X Alien Dog Cherry at flip + 65 days. No way to describe her aroma other then dank with a very light sweet twist. And I mean really light on the twist.

Here is a photo of one of her buds I'm in the process of trimming this evening. One of the easiest plants to trim ever.

I am so looking forward to having a bud turn out like that!!!

Awesome job!!!

Early harvest at day 56 - week 8 (Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more).

I've got to LOL at myself, because I messed up big time.

Got a bit of bud rot, so went into panic mode and mixed up a foliar spray containing Baking Soda, which apparently would help, according to the internet... well it did help, the bud rot stopped forming, but instead, I got burnt tops lol.

I am cutting these right now to dry, as I type this. Trichomes looked dead long before I burned them, no heads, majority had no heads the whole grow??? Whatever I did have, was mostly cloudy, so at least there's a positive there.
During cutting the buds tonight, I found two nanners, which was not a surprise, as in the last week or so premature seeds started to pop up on the outside of buds - I had no light leaks, so I put it down to my ongoing bad luck, and possibly the light burns I had on my main colas, due to the light being too close.

I don't know what else to say, this was only my second grow, and have so far not managed to make a dime back. 700 has gone into this so far on equipment etc. I officially give up. Can't make a penny being a good guy, can't make a penny growing weed. I am sure these buds won't even get a squirrel high, so I might just bin them.

There's still a lot of bud though, but probably does jack shit - there's still what could have been 2k by the looks of it all.

20191218_200953.jpg

20191218_201008.jpg

CBA to post more pics, it's over lol.

Early harvest at day 56 - week 8 (Maybe a bit less, maybe a bit more).

I've got to LOL at myself, because I messed up big time.

Got a bit of bud rot, so went into panic mode and mixed up a foliar spray containing Baking Soda, which apparently would help, according to the internet... well it did help, the bud rot stopped forming, but instead, I got burnt tops lol.

I am cutting these right now to dry, as I type this. Trichomes looked dead long before I burned them, no heads, majority had no heads the whole grow??? Whatever I did have, was mostly cloudy, so at least there's a positive there.
During cutting the buds tonight, I found two nanners, which was not a surprise, as in the last week or so premature seeds started to pop up on the outside of buds - I had no light leaks, so I put it down to my ongoing bad luck, and possibly the light burns I had on my main colas, due to the light being too close.

I don't know what else to say, this was only my second grow, and have so far not managed to make a dime back. 700 has gone into this so far on equipment etc. I officially give up. Can't make a penny being a good guy, can't make a penny growing weed. I am sure these buds won't even get a squirrel high, so I might just bin them.

There's still a lot of bud though, but probably does jack shit - there's still what could have been 2k by the looks of it all.

20191218_200953.jpg

20191218_201008.jpg

CBA to post more pics, it's over lol.
Looks frosty to me. I would dry it and see what it is like before you call it a failure bud. It could be worth keeping.

Back
Top Bottom