Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

Welcome @warezaholic ! Will be fun to see how the Dr. Seeds compares to the CSI Humboldt.

@The Bard nice!! They’re gonna be huge before you know it!

@beez0404 wow it’s insane how quickly it went from one root to rooted. Literally overnight right?

@Bean 7175 i know it’s a dark shot but I make out a couple pairs of leaves!! they made it, :woohoo::party:

Here’s another update from my garden for everyone. Today is day 8/20 that marks 61 days above soil. I’m very pleased with how things are going, everyone is very healthy and I’m looking like I’m gonna have my best harvest to date if all goes as planned. I’ve decided that I’m not necessarily locked into September 15th as my flip date, and will flip when I’m happy with the size of the Star Pupil. If I were only growing the Cookies n Chem, I probably would’ve flipped last week.

Lets start with CnC #1

I read a lot that people remove the first two nodes from their plants when they’re doing specific training techniques, and they always say those two nodes don’t amount to much anyway. That last picture are nodes 1 and 2, nearly as thick as the main stem! I’m very pleased with this girl and have a cutting already nicely rooted and growing. If her smoke is great I’ll keep her as a mom for sure. It might be hard to tell with the pictures I took, but her fans have long slender fingers. The only one of the three like that. She can also take much more light intensity. I’m thinking she’s a chem leaning pheno. I’m expecting a minimum of 4 oz off this plant, hoping for more like 6 oz.

Alright, CnC girl #2

This girl didn’t get lst’d like the other, she grew to 9 nodes and got topped. I’ve been pulling down her lower nodes to try and keep them even with the top. If you can tell, her fan leaf fingers are a bit wider and they come mostly in fives and sevens. Girl 1 has mostly 9s and 11s. I’m thinking she’s more of a Cookies phenos cause her fans taco more so than girl 1 she doesn’t like too much light. I’m hoping for about a quarter lb off this girl.

And here’s CnC girl 3

She’s got decent tops but no secondary growth. I think she’s more cookies leaning too but just a weaker morphology than girl 2. I’ll be happy with a couple zips off of her.

And here’s the tent in its entirety.

Everything’s coming along great. Thanks for taking the time to check me out group.

:ganjamon:

Nice garden ChefDGreen.:cool:

Thanks for the welcome! I hope this will be a fun and friendly adventure.

For those who don't know me...

This grow room is very small and only space for 2 photoperiod (and maybe one autoflower). It's gonna be tight ( I hope).

IMG_20190821_112400.jpg

Chef D you've got it going on with those Cookies N Chem plants. I especially love that photo showing the base of the plant and how big the side branches are. That's a healthy looking plant right there. Should be a great producer. It's great to get to see other grows as they progress. Someone a while back had suggested having a photo day where everyone posted photos of their plants on the same day. I understand it would be tough to pull off with differences in schedules and personal lives etc. But maybe if we all took out photos on say Wednesday through Saturday and then posted them on Saturday and/or Sunday? This is @The Bard thread so we can leave it up to him. Maybe poll everyone to see which day of the week would be the best for them to post pics and go from there?

Thanks @beez0404. I think it might have been @ChefDGreen that suggested a once a week photo blitz. I am totally open to the idea, but I do think a lot of folks are on their own schedules, including me depending on the week. But what if we made "Sunday is pic day" and anyone who can/wants to drop photos on that day is welcome to? Of course, photos are still welcome on other days. Would that work for folks who want to coordinate a weekly update?

Hello folks, I have a ?. Can anyone tell what's going on in these pic? Can you see the middle of the first true leaves, it is turning yellow green and the tips are turning grey. And, I have never had such dark leaves before. Even Chem is dark green. Army color.
I'm calling these one Nug's

Do you think it's because I kept the seeds in the fig. and not the frez, The seeds are about a year old. I always dipped the seeds in Peroxide then in water before I place them in the paper towels. I have never had a problem with babies before.:hmmmm: It's when they get bigger I have problems. Sorry the picture aren't so good.

Sorry that you are having some challenges, Bean. I am not sure what that might be, so hopefully some of the others can be more helpful? If I had to guess, I would speculate maybe nute burn? Are you feeding them anything, or does your medium have any fertilizers already in it? Like I said, just guessing... Hopefully you can get them turned around quick.

Thank you Bard and beez. Let's see where this brings me. I hope they will stop that yellow greening. Just don't won't to lose the Chem.

Fingers-crossed for you. I'm not a soil-grower, so I am not sure what to suggest. Maybe some of the other soil folks will have a suggestion. Hopefully they will settle in to their "hot feet" soon. :)

Hello folks, I have a ?. Can anyone tell what's going on in these pic? Can you see the middle of the first true leaves, it is turning yellow green and the tips are turning grey. And, I have never had such dark leaves before. Even Chem is dark green. Army color.
I'm calling these one Nug's

Do you think it's because I kept the seeds in the fig. and not the frez, The seeds are about a year old. I always dipped the seeds in Peroxide then in water before I place them in the paper towels. I have never had a problem with babies before.:hmmmm: It's when they get bigger I have problems. Sorry the picture aren't so good.

I tend to agree with the 'too hot' soil diagnosis, but what do I know. I've not grown cannabis in soil. I have read in other journals that FFOF has caused problems with seedlings. The recommendation, if I remember correctly is to use FF Happy Frog for seedlings. Let's call in a pro and ask @Emilya.

:welcome: Warez, I'm new to and I fine it relaxing here, enjoy.

Here is a update. I'm going to call #1 plants Nug's and there is Chemdog #4. #2 plants have helmet, well all but one. So, I planted 4 Blueberry's. finger's crossed.

I thought I snapped a group shot. Next time.:bong:

Hi Bean, I'm still trying to figure out how to be on the notification list with this thread. I'm not too tech savvy with these cellphones.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be watching and participating as much as I can.

I tend to agree with the 'too hot' soil diagnosis, but what do I know. I've not grown cannabis in soil. I have read in other journals that FFOF has caused problems with seedlings. The recommendation, if I remember correctly is to use FF Happy Frog for seedlings. Let's call in a pro and ask @Emilya.
Some strains are very finicky and I have found that some of the dogs are indeed that way. Although I have started many a seed in FFOF and saw them take off in that rich soil, I have also seen a few seedlings shrivel up and die, almost catching on fire as they went to the great beyond... but here is my point:
That nonsense usually happens at the early seedling stage, even before the plant has established itself in the container. This here is a plant working hard on getting its first leaves out, and it has long since established a root down to the bottom of that container... I think if it was going to react to a soil too rich for its liking, that would have happened before now.

This plant looks to me like its tiny tender lower root is in trouble. I have to ask if there are drainage holes in the container, and whether this plant has been kept too wet. I also have to ask if anything has been added besides water. Lastly, is it just this one doing this or are any of the others even approaching a problem like this?

Some strains are very finicky and I have found that some of the dogs are indeed that way. Although I have started many a seed in FFOF and saw them take off in that rich soil, I have also seen a few seedlings shrivel up and die, almost catching on fire as they went to the great beyond... but here is my point:
That nonsense usually happens at the early seedling stage, even before the plant has established itself in the container. This here is a plant working hard on getting its first leaves out, and it has long since established a root down to the bottom of that container... I think if it was going to react to a soil too rich for its liking, that would have happened before now.

This plant looks to me like its tiny tender lower root is in trouble. I have to ask if there are drainage holes in the container,
and whether this plant has been kept too wet. I also have to ask if anything has been added besides water. Lastly, is it just this one doing this or are any of the others even approaching a problem like this?

Thanks for stopping by Emilya. Really interesting and helpful diagnosis.

They're both looking nice and healthy. What's that sail looking thing stuck in the cup with the S1 Chem?

Solar panel! Joke.

It is the back side of one of those yellow sticky bug-catcher things. So far I haven't had any gnats or mites, and just a preventative to keep it that way, fingers-crossed.

How are you doing today, Beez?

I'm doing well, Bard! Slowly building an inventory of amendments for my homemade organic soil. Today I got in a bag of Kelp meal which is a good all purpose additive. My first totally organic plant is at flip + 47 days today and other then some yellowing leaves she's looking fantastic. It's an 8 week flowering plant so I'm confident she'll make it another 12 days. Now, right next to that plant I have a Black Cherry Punch plant growing and it's currently at flip + 31 days. I'm not too pleased with her overall color. The lower part of the plant looks just fine. About half way up the leaves range from lighter green to greenish yellow with some all yellow. I scratched in a top dressing of rabbit poop, earthworm castings, and a 1/4tsp of Epsom salts and watered it in. I'm learning as I go but so far am enjoying growing organically.

How about you? How is your day going?

Back
Top Bottom