420 Magazine Background

Who Says You Need Big Pots

Thread starter #1

Marzbadrock

Plant of the Month: Sept 2015 - Nug of the Month: Jan 2016, May 2018
I see all the time people saying "you need a bigger pot" well I'm just showing you can grow nice healthy plants in small containers. This journal is my Montana kush mother plant, she is in a 9*9 square white pot, just shy of 2 gallons I think. I'm figuring well over 4 ounces off this girl. She was put into flower on 8/15 and will be harvested 10/15 give or take a few days. I'm using coco as my medium ammended with great white, nutes consist of a mixture from Atami, earth juice, botanicare, and GH. All products I'm using are 100% organic. I never feed over 600 ppm, I try to let microbial life do the work. I do not pH as I've figured out how to get my pH on the money with the nutes I'm using. I will post pics shortly, sorry bout the quality but I can't pull her out from under the hps. Comments and criticism always welcome, I'm here to learn and hopefully help.

Thread starter #4

Marzbadrock

I agree with you CO, just showing that if your diligent on what your girls want you can do great in small pots. I grew a 1.5 oz plant in a quart size container, she was all of 16 inches tall. I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to say big pots are not good, they are.

Thread starter #6

Marzbadrock

I'm not sure why my photos upload sideway, the preview photo is uprite before I submit my pics? Anyway here's my sideways kush.

Thread starter #9

Marzbadrock

Shes about 5 weeks into flower and looking good. I'll update with a pic tonight. She doesnt have the biggest buds but they are rock hard and looking superior in quality. 4 oz. is still not a question in my mind. I did give her a bit too much bloom and cooked a couple tips. I bounce back n forth from coco to soil, this grow is in coco. I just did a plant in 2 gallon coco, i dont know the weight yet as shes still wet, but she was a 13 week bloomer and atleast 4oz on her. Theres pics of her in POTM contest, not highest quality smoke but shows her size and health. Thanks stumped for the good words n stopping by.

c526

Member of the Month: Jan 2015 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2015
subbed man,nice looking plants

Thread starter #11

Marzbadrock

So here's a couple low quality pics under HID lighting. I prob won't update until harvest, buried in a corner n hard to get to.

Thread starter #14

Marzbadrock

I measured my pots n they are 8*8*10
Works out to 2.36 gallons I think, minus the 2 inches I left out I'm prob using about 2 gallons total

Thread starter #19

Marzbadrock

Ya ya stumped hold your horses. I didn't plan on updating until harvest, I'll post pics after I defoliate but before I chop. Its in the very back corner n hard to get to.

Thread starter #20

Marzbadrock

So I chopped the bitch down a week early, here's a couple pics before the chop. Update in a week or so with final weight.