Who Uses MJ While Studying?

ZedRules

:smokin: I was just wondering about the ability to study serious material and retain it. My current class has so much information packed into it that it is difficult to grasp. I suffer anxiety attacks when I put too much pressure on my self to master what I'm reading, I shut down. Do any of you use MJ to help you concentrate while studying?
I'm forced to be a student again at the age of 51 and unemployed...I'm not as resilient as I was in College back in my twenties. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I also use cannabis to combat anxiety attacks. I get really anxious before I have to go to my classes, so I always smoke before I leave. My classes are each 2 and a half hours long (except on test days) so I'm usually still a bit high by the time I leave. I find cannabis does wonders for my concentration. At college and at home I prefer to study and work high. I'm able to completely focus on the work, I get it done efficiently, and I put more effort into it. I also seem to retain information much better when high. It tends to be a personal thing, since there's a lot of people I've spoken to who have told me they aren't able to concentrate at all when high.

-jps :peace:

It all depends on my mind set...If I know I have work to do and want to get it done, smoking will make me more determined to finish it. If I feel like sitting around and don't feel like working, that's what's going to happen. I get a one track mind, be it productive or lazy...

When I was in college I always used cannabis as a reward for studying. I would not allow myself to smoke until I finished all my work for the night. If I didn't finish my work, I didn't smoke. That's not to say that I didn't study some while high. I did, with mixed results. It really just depends on the individual- some can handle studying while high, some can't. You gotta find what works best for you, though.

^Exactly marijuana does not increase your memory, it will only make it worse. Weed is a wonderful plant, but it does not make everything better and more retentive.

I think it's very personal. My brain chemistry is different then most. The only time I can concentrate on things for a reasonable amount of time is when I have my every-other-hour dose of Cannabis.

It's either that, or the myriad of pills they prescribe to me. No thanks.

Exactly. The effect of cannabis on one's concentration is entirely personal. I can concentrate somewhat without cannabis, but after smoking I get very focused on whatever I'm doing.

-jps :peace:

I don't know man . . . I'm stoned . . . I mean really stoned. Was I suppose to be studying?

Oh, I was just joking! I used to teach some seminars for managers and I loved teaching them stoned. So relaxed. Easy to connect with your audience. And when you finish, you have a rush of adrenaline from the session. Fun stuff.
:peace:

It all depends on my mind set...If I know I have work to do and want to get it done, smoking will make me more determined to finish it. If I feel like sitting around and don't feel like working, that's what's going to happen. I get a one track mind, be it productive or lazy...

Same with me. Sometimes I can get right down to studying and doing homework after I smoke. Other times I just completely just want to do something relaxing. It really helps with my artwork, though. As far as that homework goes, I can do that whether I'm in a lazy or productive mood.

This is why it is important we grow and catalog strains. It would be nice to reach into the drawer and pull out the "Study" weed, and follow it up with some "put my ass to bed" weed, with a side of "wake up refreshed" in the morning.

Yeah I like that idea! My end result was I vaporized some relaxing, yet stimulating Sativas in a "Coping" blend I ground up.I studied this stuff sober & buzzed and found that if I create a stable quick recall system (flashcards/acronyms)...not stoned all the time, my retention improved...I would do at least 4 hrs sober time, then the rest was with a little help from Mama Ganji and I was able to tie together concepts for mastering my classes on a 50/50 basis. I passed my classes which are a stepping stone
back to work.:grinjoint: Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice!!! Zed

Hmmmm....im still in school, and been supeer twisted during tests and so on, and when i stay focused on the task on hand i get high grades. But alotta times im high in class i get distracted by things that are more fun, like foolin around, playing with my phone or listening to my ipod.......sometimes i make some sick drawings too...

i think for certain ppl it does make you more focused, but for anyone i think its hard to concentrate on something you don;t want to do.

This is why it is important we grow and catalog strains. It would be nice to reach into the drawer and pull out the "Study" weed, and follow it up with some "put my ass to bed" weed, with a side of "wake up refreshed" in the morning.

Agreed. Haha Ide love to open up my desk drawer and have it cataloged. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom