Who Wants To Be An Official Sponsored 420 Magazine Grow Journalist?

We are currently seeking product reviewers to test and showcase our sponsor's LED lights, nutrients & miscellaneous grow supplies. Please tag your friends, share this and spread the word.

If you can produce semi-daily updates with photos and/or videos & commentary, this may be for you.

Please link us to your best grow journals; showcasing your photographic, video & commentary skills.

Why do you want to be, and why do you think you should be, one of the chosen ones?

Who else do you think may be worthy of this position and why?

:thanks:

Yup I would love to be apart of this! Being apart of the 420 community has been an amazing opportunity and to be able to help showcase and document the use of our great sponsors would be an absolute pleasure and an honour!

Please let me humbly submit my most current journal showing LST and quadline training on Autoflowers from seed.
Dutchmans Auto Quads vrs LST with a Critical+2.0 Twist

I update every day with detailed write ups and pictures! I also have currently in the same journal 2 critical+2.0 on day-19 of flower. Exciting times!

I know this site is packed with amazing growers and people with love for this wonderful plant so I wish all the best to everyone in the running and stay medicated!!!

Also think of
@HonestGR @playerunknown @Mr. Krip

Thanks for the shoutout Prof! It would be nice to be considered for a sponsored grow. I’ve been fortunate enough to have so much help from the community here to make my grows successful thus far. I’ve used seeds and pots and nutrients from sponsors here and would like the opportunity to feature others. My current journal and previous one are linked in my signature.

@Dutchman1990 Thank you for the shout out.

Where as I only have started growing since Oct 17th last year, I have only started my lifelong journey of growing. My current grow is Here. I read a lot and always try to improve (Must be the military in me!). I am Currently limited to 4x plants, although that will be jumping up to 25 in the next while, with my wife's acmpr - Medical Grow License.

I wont go into as much detail as I did with another thread, But I will provide a little background about myself and my wife:

I am in my 30's; I am a current serving member. I am possibly getting medically released over the next while. I used to enjoy being outdoors hunting,fishing and hiking. That had to stop. (My Back & Ankle are F**k*d). My new hobby is growing. (I have been gardening since I was a child.)

My wife is on disability. She is prescribed 5g/day, and in turn has been diagnosed with Complex PTSD, severe anxiety episodes, Severe depressive episodes, BPD, IBS among several other issues. I am sure there are some of you who can relate to this (How do you cope?) . Due to this, I am required to come home from work to help her the best I can quite frequently. (1 Ounce is = $250-$350 so you can imagine when medicine isn't covered.... it can eat a hole in your pocket!)

She is unable to care for the plants, so in turn since I went from growing veggies to cannabis..... I guess you can say I grow for her. While I smoke very little.

My background is: Refrigeration as well as Mechanical systems.... I have an in-depth knowledge of electricity (although lights there isn't much to it!)

I feel as though a grow journal could accomplish two goals. 1) Providing person(s) with vital information of how I grow, and 2) Providing product reviews to highlight the best of the best!

I currently have my own website dedicated to reviews (not posting here), I do this on my free time. It is a pain getting companies to hop on this probably because they don't want their product shown in a negative light (Although I hope they all work as intended, not all do). But what needs to happen is an apple called an apple, and if it's a bad product: Tell the truth. I remain as un-bias as possible while trying to accomplish this.)

I also try to give back to the community by holding giveaways. So after I am done reviewing, I will award it to a random member! (I feel giving back is always a huge plus!!)

If selected, I would have no issue praising a product that meets and exceeds it's growing goals. However, if it does not I have no problem calling it how it is. Whereas I have an electrical background I will gladly provide constructive criticism to the companies to correct issues and improve it.

I would also ensure regular updates are done. Any issues run into will be updated as well. (I post now and then on my journal to just give an update.... everything is going as good as it could!) I ran into 1 issue this grow (Thrips). Other than that, I have been sailing along!

Photo's will probably be the way I go for updates. As videos take a long time to edit. I would like to devote as much time as I can to the actual grow journals. Also if selected, I will go out and buy a new camera solely for the purpose of producing some high quality pictures.

Honestly, I would like to be selected because of my wife. I feel she is a wonderful person. Cannabis helps her and I would do anything for her to keep her healthy! It's a bonus I would be able to provide proper feedback for growers in the forums. 420Magazine has an awesome group of people! I hope to contribute more given my "life conditions".

I would like to do this because I enjoy growing, not as much of a fan when I need to cut them down...... part of me inside cries a little. I also want to throw in the added bonus of helping people in similar positions where money is tight and I can help out where I can! (IE: Returning to the community!).

I recommend @Dutchman1990 and @Tipistroy .

Best of luck to everyone entering for a lifetime chance! :D

I also would like to decline the suggestion that I could be this person. I tend to be a bit controversial in my approach to this forum thing, and probably am not the best person for the job since some people really get upset over what I do and some have even blocked me. Also, if I were some sort of official type person on this forum, I would not be as free to call out BS when I see it and would have to make some sort of super human attempt to be nicer to the people that annoy me. This would be very difficult for me... so as much as I appreciate the kind nomination, I am better as a member at large. Thanks anyway, and a great idea to be sure... just not for me. I have already seen several suggestions on this thread whom I could endorse.
:peace::love:

Thanks for the shout Professor but I'm going to politely decline and let some of the other great growers here duke it out. Good luck to all!
I also would like to decline the suggestion that I could be this person. I tend to be a bit controversial in my approach to this forum thing, and probably am not the best person for the job since some people really get upset over what I do and some have even blocked me. Also, if I were some sort of official type person on this forum, I would not be as free to call out BS when I see it and would have to make some sort of super human attempt to be nicer to the people that annoy me. This would be very difficult for me... so as much as I appreciate the kind nomination, I am better as a member at large. Thanks anyway, and a great idea to be sure... just not for me. I have already seen several suggestions on this thread whom I could endorse.
:peace::love:
Very humble and honest. Blessings

It would be great to hear some product reviews from the inside. I have been keeping my last two journals(signature) frequently active and before these, I had some other journals which were not quite detailed. As far as I understand, 420 Magazine needs multiple journalists. There is a variety of sponsors here and some variety in journalists would also be great. I have been growing for 8 years with joy and mostly had grows in small stealthy areas. I have experience growing in soil, DWC and coco coir. I have grown using MH/HPS, LED's and CFL's both mixed and pure. I am already spending a lot of time here and I can prepare journals to review the products in detail and share clear information and data with other growers.

About the nominations, I think we all agree that some people(some of them are already mentioned here) are sharing great amounts of information in grow journals forum. We all know them very well so I don't think these great people won't need any nomination at all :passitleft:

Thank you for the recommendation @Dutchman1990 ! I’m currently in the process of harvesting my first grow journal ever (see signature). I’ve harvested 2/3 plants so far and the last plant should be ready within the week. I feel as though I’d be a good candidate due to the fact that I’ve been a one trick pony so far in terms of what kind of lights, nutrients etc. I’ve never used LED lights and I’ve only ever used the GH floratrio. Because of this I’m able to give good insight to others who are also looking into trying something new for the first time. I’ll be able to document my learning curve, any observations I make, as well as the quality and effectiveness of the product made by our great sponsors here at 420magazine. Lately I’ve not been doing a whole lot of updates due to the fact that things are kind of just on auto pilot but I assure if I were given the opportunity I’d do daily/semi daily updates.
Please also consider @Bilbobudkin420 @Ganjagrandaddy as well as @Dutchman1990 . Cheers

Thank you for the recommendation @Dutchman1990 ! I’m currently in the process of harvesting my first grow journal ever (see signature). I’ve harvested 2/3 plants so far and the last plant should be ready within the week. I feel as though I’d be a good candidate due to the fact that I’ve been a one trick pony so far in terms of what kind of lights, nutrients etc. I’ve never used LED lights and I’ve only ever used the GH floratrio. Because of this I’m able to give good insight to others who are also looking into trying something new for the first time. I’ll be able to document my learning curve, any observations I make, as well as the quality and effectiveness of the product made by our great sponsors here at 420magazine. Lately I’ve not been doing a whole lot of updates due to the fact that things are kind of just on auto pilot but I assure if I were given the opportunity I’d do daily/semi daily updates.
Please also consider @Bilbobudkin420 @Ganjagrandaddy as well as @Dutchman1990 . Cheers
thanks player. good luck bud. you would be a great candidate. your sucess has been brilliant to watch.

wow what an opportunity. yes please. i am a stay at home dad of 3 princesses ( 2 under 4years) and def have the time on my hands to offer it to a new role. I can only imagine how much fun it could be and as i have no life outside the house anymore and live among the 420 pages like a full stop looking for a place to be. I feel i could bring a humerous and hopefully interesting edge to the testings that would be honest and to the point. Like most of us on here , i love the benefits of this community , amazing support from amazingly time generous users . I dont doubt there are way more deserving and skilled growers/ journalists here who could do a great job but if i didnt throw myself in the mix , i would be kicking myself for the perfect dream job for a life long grower/smoker.
good luck to everyone interested and thanks to playerunknown for the nomination.

I would love to! Sounds like an amazing opportunity. As someone else mentioned, I wish I had put more effort in to documenting my efforts!

A little about me, I would consider myself an intermediate grower and life long toker. I'm 39, I have 3 kids and I grow in my home. I started my own business 2 years ago, and have been growing that as well (pardon the small pun). I have worked in large scale operations, but have since

With the recent legalization on Cannabis in Canada I have begun growing Charlotte's Web for my Mother who has recently been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. This immune disease was a dream, given we all expected to hear a cancer diagnosis. I keep 2 CW plants on the go at all times, and 2 plants for my private use.

In the past I have grown auto flowers, photo plants in Promix, but I have recently converted to Hydro with a top feed system. I'm a tinkerer at heart, and have built myself and friends grow environment from tents to camo discrete self contained boxes. All my grow use Temp and Humidity switches to maintain optimal environment and RH.

Hilariously this grow journal I cut back on the number of post intentionally as I expected not many people wanted to be flooded with my daily enthusiasm.

I may have a lack experience, but it may prove valuable given not everyone purchasing products is an expert. I can certainly be counted on to live up to my end of the bargain and provide great insight into any product worth testing.

There are so many deserving people I almost feeling a bit timid to apply. (My Grow Journal is in my signature)

Should I not be considered I would like to submit @sativuhhh @GreenGoblin22 @farside05 @baddaddygreen as well.

Sativuhh has been a great support for me throughout my journal and is very responsive, so I feel like he would be able to provide insight and live up to his commitment.

GreenGoblin may be a new grower but you'd be hard pressed to find someone more attentive and calculated with their approach. He has manually monitored his RH, Temps, feed sked and plants with relentless enthusiasm. I know him personally and in one word he's Methodical, and I can't think of a better quality for true product reviews.

Farside05, give such great information with a depth of detail and experience I really appreciate. On top of that he would certainly write a journal that would be entertaining to read.

Baddaddygreen has been such a great hydro resource for me. I know his informative approach and encouragement would be followed by a lot of people.

WHAT A GREAT COMMUNITY TO BE APART OF!! So thankful to have been helped and participated in what I find to be a rare, positive and supportive corner of the web.

As Franco Loja would say - "Peace, Love and THC" to you all.

Moss.

Thanks for the kind words @Mosspb. I'll regretfully decline as I have very limited space. In a couple years when the kids are off in college or move out, things may be different. That is IF I can ever get my son to move out!

High guys:ciao:,

My gosh did this tingle my brain :yahoo:

Ofcourse this is a big big dream of me and i am more then happy to take a step forward and see where this takes me. The biggest question that came to my mind is why me? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great growers on this lovely platform and i dont consider myself the top. What i do think is that my mind needs a multitasking approach since i cant sit still. Besides that i got awarded for my journal with a lovely "Journal of the year 2018" title. So i guess some things i share are worth reading:battingeyelashes:

Today seems to be my day as i just heard after 1,5 years that i got first option on a house that suits my needs. This means i am able to do alot more things on my own. Also there is a extra bedroom and i am not planning on putting a bed in there :cheer:

This platform changed my life in ways i find hard to translate to paper. What i do know is that i am eager to share anything i can come up with or try. For example i got a Willow with a CBD graft on it that seems to be taking off slowly. Its not that grafting is a new thing, tough the multiple year rootbase might reveal some new things.

In the end it's about what the others think is most fun and educational to read probably. Therefore i like to drop the link to my multitasking journal and my grafting journal:

Natural Spirit's Multitasking Journal Of 2018

Natural Spirit's Grafting Journey Of 2019

The multitasking journal was mostly in 2018 and i was thinking about a new one, maybe its a great combination:p?

I'm sure anyone above would rock it to so good luck everyone and lets grow old together:Namaste:

NS

High guys:ciao:,

My gosh did this tingle my brain :yahoo:

Ofcourse this is a big big dream of me and i am more then happy to take a step forward and see where this takes me. The biggest question that came to my mind is why me? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great growers on this lovely platform and i dont consider myself the top. What i do think is that my mind needs a multitasking approach since i cant sit still. Besides that i got awarded for my journal with a lovely "Journal of the year 2018" title. So i guess some things i share are worth reading:battingeyelashes:

Today seems to be my day as i just heard after 1,5 years that i got first option on a house that suits my needs. This means i am able to do alot more things on my own. Also there is a extra bedroom and i am not planning on putting a bed in there :cheer:

This platform changed my life in ways i find hard to translate to paper. What i do know is that i am eager to share anything i can come up with or try. For example i got a Willow with a CBD graft on it that seems to be taking off slowly. Its not that grafting is a new thing, tough the multiple year rootbase might reveal some new things.

In the end it's about what the others think is most fun and educational to read probably. Therefore i like to drop the link to my multitasking journal and my grafting journal:

Natural Spirit's Multitasking Journal Of 2018

Natural Spirit's Grafting Journey Of 2019

The multitasking journal was mostly in 2018 and i was thinking about a new one, maybe its a great combination:p?

I'm sure anyone above would rock it to so good luck everyone and lets grow old together:Namaste:

NS
This guy right here got my endorsement too. Love the inquisitive brain on this guy reminds me of me just with more spare time and a less filthy mouth lol

This guy right here got my endorsement too. Love the inquisitive brain on this guy reminds me of me just with more spare time and a less filthy mouth lol

Thank you so much for these kind words Bilbo, You are also one of the people that i see fit for this like alot in here. It is wonderfull to see all these people group up, step forward and wanting to be part of this journey:Namaste:

Who knows when it becomes a succes there will be more sponsored grows going on in no time:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom