Who Wants To Be An Official Sponsored 420 Magazine Grow Journalist?

I'm glad that I'm not an official product reviewer. I'd feel pressured to write a good review, or fudge the results in the sponsor's favor.

There might be some of that here, because there might be some of that anywhere. On the other hand, the 150,000+ other members registered here are free to comment on a person's review thread, posting their own thoughts and/or experiences. I would expect to see far less of that potential issue (and I believe I do) here than on a YouTube channel that seems to exist solely to post (glowing?) video reviews of products and which ends up looking like a video version of Maximum Yield :rolleyes: . Or even on products' Amazon reviews; I have seen a fair few instances of "seller stated item would be free (half off, etc.) upon the posting of a review."

I have bought some products from a manufacturer that I felt should be improved. In these cases, I contact the manufacturer letting them know what I think. Sometimes this even results in product improvements. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That happens here, too. I got a pair of recent-design SP-150 LED products. I thought they were nice, but commented that I wished they had some kind of simple reflector around the perimeter, nothing fancy, just something to redirect some portion of the light output that would otherwise be hitting the grow space's walls instead of the plants. A simple thing, really. Then, when I later won the company's next new product - the TS-1000 - I was pleased to see that it had a... simple reflector around the perimeter! I don't know whether my comment led to that; I am just one person, with one voice. Perhaps someone else caught their... ear, maybe several of us all mentioned the same thing and made an impact, I don't know. Regardless, I wanted to see a feature added, the next product included that feature... and I appreciate it. Not just because of the thing itself, but because I cannot help (rightly or wrongly) feeling that someone "listened". If I had ever gotten that feeling back in my Microsoft-using days, maybe I would... Nah, who am I kidding, lol, linux for the win (lol). But my appreciation of Mars-Hydro grew beyond that of "just" a sponsor that helps support my favorite spot on the Internet.

Come to think of it, I remember that company's first-generation grow tents. A lot of people liked them, some probably did not. Then, their forum representative posted that the people who decide such things at the company were thinking of redesigning them, and asked US for our ideas about how they could improve their product. Many of us posted in response over a relatively short period of time, the rep probably felt like she was herding cats (in the virtual sense)... and the next generation of their grow tents included some of the things that were suggested.

Which is, IMHO, how it's supposed to work. Yeah, I would have to state that I am 100% in favor of posting reviews, either formally in their own threads or informally in the sponsors' "general" threads. Because, here at least, they're not so much simple reviews... They are "seeds" capable of "growing" useful discussions.

Ramble ramble ramble ;) .

Hello. If you're still looking, I have a nice yard for outdoor and I'm starting an organic/semi organic outdoor grow here:

Also, I'm planning on turning my closet into a veg/clone/flower via 2 grow tents.

I am very detailed and analytical and love taking pics and detailing my grows. Every day. But problem is, I have no funds for grow tents, nutrients, etc. At this point, I'm tapped out and have spent my savings on clones and outdoor supplies.

But if you're willing to help me out with supplies, I'll give you one of the best grows on the net! Haha but seriously I would love to have you sponsor me and show off your suppliers/advertisers products. Ive had multiple succesful grows back in the early 2000s until I had to stop for family emergency reasons. Grandfather became ill with Altzheimers and after he passed, I stayed on with Granny as caregiver. That was 7 or 8 years ago and grandma is now 90, and POTS LEGAL BABY!!! I mean, thank everyone for prop 215 and everything that has followed until now! So now me and my grandmother joke about how she might just start smoking for her arthritis! Shes already using CBD lotions and oils

EDIT:I would also like to start a "strain bank". Where I keep clones for future grows and others who would also need them, future posterity. I would start with seeds from pure %100 strains as well as from other popular hybrids, then grow to sex, take females for mom plants/clones, and take males for pollin.

The reason is, I feel, allot of the genetics around here have become questionable and we can do with some good old fashion "start from scratch" cloning haha

Thanks!

We are currently seeking product reviewers to test and showcase our sponsor's LED lights, nutrients, seeds & miscellaneous grow supplies. Please tag your friends, share this and spread the word.

If you can produce semi-daily updates with photos and/or videos & commentary, this may be for you.

Please link us to your best grow journals; showcasing your photographic, video & commentary skills.

Why do you want to be, and why do you think you should be, one of the chosen ones?

Who else do you think may be worthy of this position and why?

:thanks:
We are currently seeking product reviewers to test and showcase our sponsor's LED lights, nutrients, seeds & miscellaneous grow supplies. Please tag your friends, share this and spread the word.

If you can produce semi-daily updates with photos and/or videos & commentary, this may be for you.

Please link us to your best grow journals; showcasing your photographic, video & commentary skills.

Why do you want to be, and why do you think you should be, one of the chosen ones?

It would be a 1st 4 me but sounds adventurous 2 me currently on my 4th week on White Widow Auto here's a pic.

Attachments

• 20190510_123102.jpg
    20190510_123102.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 148
this sounds sick and I have so much time on my hands and some good cams here

Probably the best way to be invited to do an official review is to show what you are capable of. Do some honest unofficial reviews, and post them in with the Unofficial Product Reviews. It shouldn't matter whether the product you review is from our current sponsors or not.

Probably the best way to be invited to do an official review is to show what you are capable of. Do some honest unofficial reviews, and post them in with the Unofficial Product Reviews. It shouldn't matter whether the product you review is from our current sponsors or not.

Yeah... I don't think the person who ended up being chosen actually "applied for the position." Instead, I think someone decided to have a look through some of the more popular current grow journals and thought, "He appears to have his sh!t together. Why don't I ask him if he'd be interested?"

I could be wrong, though. No, wait...
When I was first asked to do a grow with the XL1000{...}

If you want to get picked to do a sponsored grow journal, do a nice ("unsponsored") grow journal. Or two.

Yeah... I don't think the person who ended up being chosen actually "applied for the position." Instead, I think someone decided to have a look through some of the more popular current grow journals and thought, "He appears to have his sh!t together. Why don't I ask him if he'd be interested?"

I could be wrong, though. No, wait...

If you want to get picked to do a sponsored grow journal, do a nice ("unsponsored") grow journal. Or two.
That's fairly accurate, however, just to be clear, I personally was "chosen" (invited) BEFORE this thread was posted. I was told at least one other member was also asked and agreed to the position AFTER this thread was posted. I don't know how many more may have been asked, how many agreed, and/or how many more they may still need. I do imagine, though, when the need arises, they will check this thread! ;)

Thank you, everyone, for your responses.

Mr. Krip being on staff, with his excellent reviews and sponsored grow journal, has solved our immediate problem.

However, we continue to monitor this thread and will approach members as required.

It takes some time, as we are careful, as you might imagine, who we take on. We have had apparently reliable members in the past who have just been in it for the products and then do nothing, wasting our time and frustrating sponsors.

Hey! Although I'm only 40 days into my first grow (journal link is in my sig), I've learned quite a lot about what I should and shouldn't do. I think I'd be a great candidate to show how those of us new to the growing scene can use some of the 420 Mag's sponsor's products. Although my current journal is a bit mish-mash, my next journal will be a lot more organized and concise. I do have some decent photo equipment, including Nikon D3300 and D5300 cameras, and various lenses (including a Sigma high def macro lens). Additionally, I also own a (non-cannabis related) vaping related website that hosts a higher end dedicated review section I believe this experience will aid in the sponsored grow journal, if I am deemed worthy of the task. Thanks!

hello. i do grow journals and i would love to do a journal showcasing different products. i have a 2x4x5 tent with two mars hydro eco 98's, a 440 cfm extraction fan, cloth pots, clip fans, and all the other odds and ends to make it all work. i hope you are interested in letting me do a journal for you. let me know. thanks.

Hi 420 team im gonna have lots of space in 2 months time if there's anything youll want reviewed around then? I've done sponsored grows on AFN and grasscity under another alias.
Been at it a few years now. Was having a break from it all but back journalling now and got loads of space so if there's anything of interest needing checked out drop me a line and we'll see what's what :)

I would love to be a tester because you see seasoned growers that know but ain't it bout the ease and no major operation that the products should be easy to use for the first timers well I've got several photos under my belt and on first auto so who better than me if it's nutes lights seeds to soil buckets pots starter kits anything and all I'd love it I have nothing but respect for this plant and love growing it anf how it helps me and others but think bout it n let me know thanks

Back
Top Bottom