Why am I failing so badly?

first pic looks like a bonsai palm tree.

bigger pots.
decent soil.
good ph.
good nutes.

off you go go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Flush your plant completley. Put a new layer of soil on the top. Take new pics in 4 days and post them

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

before you try doing all these technigues, first, you need to just try for a successful grow. success,,would be, to water them in well, then, nothing till they need it again. use a moisture probe, to do this. use nutes, half strength. only thru time, will you add, and try, new ways and tricks,. first, you need to just relax. and "grow some pot". don't get involved, with what you see seasoned people doing, that's above and beyond. stick to the basics. get it down, to where you don't over water, over feed, etc. the rest, will work out. live, and learn. ignore the advanced shit. I still do. and, I been doing this, for 9 years now. lol.

In the green title bar the date of any post is listed, ohioboy post is an oldie from 2017, last login for that username was in August 2018

I think it’s generally accepted notion that distillation puts kibosh on trace minerals by stripping them out much in same way that chlorine & chloramine destroy your microbes

whats up with your water?

In the green title bar the date of any post is listed, ohioboy post is an oldie from 2017, last login for that username was in August 2018

I think it’s generally accepted notion that distillation puts kibosh on trace minerals by stripping them out much in same way that chlorine & chloramine destroy your microbes

whats up with your water?
Hello 013;
When I first started growing inside, I was having all kinds of problems. Not when the plants were young, but maybe in the second month as I was getting ready to switch to 12/12 for flowering... I always ph'd the water to 5.5 as I am growing in ProMix.. The first thing I started noticing was the clawing, then some blotching of the leaves as they grew out, and then the growth would just about come to a stand still with the new leaves not developing much.. I'd flush thinking that might solve the problem. Never did though... I'd raise the ph to about 6.0 That just compounded the problem so I tries lowering it down to 5.0... Still no change, at least none that I could see.. Then I read on here some where about a member using well water with a ph of 8.5 or better that sounded like they were having some of the same issues, and that got me to thinking....I'm using well water, but my ph is only 7.3 to 7.5. but the ppm's (solids) in the water were really high. I'm thinking it was from the calcium maybe... So anyway, just for shits & giggles I went down to the grocery store and bought a few gallons of distilled water. Brought it home , ph'd it to 5.5 and started watering the plants.. after the second watering, I started to notice some recovering starting to occur... After two or three weeks all the issues I was having were just about cleared up... I went and ordered a distiller and have been using distilled water ever since.... Three grows later and I haven't had a single issue.. My well water just isn't the best thing to use to grow plants indoors...I'm thinking it must of been the solids locking things up a bit.. I haven't tried a RO system though... Maybe that would help, I don't know... I guess those trace minerals could be going back in the mix when i feed, to some degree anyway....

What Strain is it? - Haze Xtreme by Crop King
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly sativa
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? day 52
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?indoor
Soil or Hydro? soil-less soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? sphagnum peat moss and vermiculite
If Soil... What Size Pot?solo cups (roots are very underdeveloped)
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled? small fan
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75-82F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 30-38%
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering? when fully dry - every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH Grow box - strength recommended on box, which was too strong. I partially flushed which seemed to work.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3.7ft2
I'm using distilled water (pH 6.2)

Here is a pic on Feb 3:
feb_3.jpg

Here is a pic on Feb 6:
Feb_6.jpg

Between those two days, I watered the plants (with distilled water) and topped them. For topping, I only took off very new growth. Is this stress? Why do they look dirty? (you can't wipe it off)

I don't know what to do now to prevent further damage! Help
Many problems. (1) 2 liter or larger pot. (2) appears to be nute burned. Reduce mix by half. (3) Coco coir mix medium retains moisture. Only needs one hydro cycle pure day. And just enough to hydrate soil not soaked. (4) Ph Have found a ph range of 5.9 to 6.9 gets good results. (5) hydro mix temperature keep stable 70° to 75° Fahrenheit. Use aerator to keep hydro mix cool and freshly oxygenated. (6) timing is everything. Veg time 30 to 44 days from germination.

Sad news is you need to start over. Read up. Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes. Also there are many good videos out there. Example the sea of green volumes 1,2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom