Why am I failing so badly?

Wow, lots of information.

I'm going to get some better soil and scrap the nutes. Does this mean ALL nutes? this weekend and try to reflect my light a little better.

JimmyJames - I have the same last name. My family is mostly from Lambton County (Sarnia area). I really appreciate all your advice. I'm learning so much.

I'm going to get some better soil and scrap the nutes. Does this mean ALL nutes? this weekend and try to reflect my light a little better.

JimmyJames - I have the same last name. My family is mostly from Lambton County (Sarnia area). I really appreciate all your advice. I'm learning so much.

Thats cool. I've got family in Sarnia, Corunna and Courtright.

Oldbear. We probably have mutual friends. Hearing about Courtright makes me laugh - when I used to visit my grandmother in a Petrolia old age home, she used to complain to me that the kids from Courtright were coming to her room and stealing her pantyhose, LOL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you.
You can use ProMix H&V with no nutes. Or use a PK ripener/booster like KoolBloom dry and give those buds an extra 30% density the last three weeks. It the same system I sell my ACMPR clients. It's a great, problem free system with high yields if you use the KoolBloom dry ripener at the end. One of my clients went on a weed forum and listened to all the "u need this nute and that nute" nonsense. He decided to go to the hydro shop and bought a hundred bucks in nutrients. This is his plant after 3 months. (Top left)
420-magazine-mobile725439017.jpg

We bought our seeds at the same time. I was going to harvest while his plant was slowly dying....barely 3 inches tall after 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Rider. I appreciate that. I think I was bothered because I felt you were attacking me personally, not my disastrous grow. Apology accepted and appreciated. I hope you are still able to help me when you can.
I think the best thing for you to do is just keep it simple, find a couple of experienced growers you can trust, keep notes of what works and what doesn't, and just read, read, then read some more.

Take a look at my journals, I have been growing for a little over a year and have improved my techniques by doing just what I told you... and I have a degree in Biology, too .

If you commit to the process, you will see better results....also, stay away from distilled water, you'd be better off using tap water (just make sure it sits out for at least 24 hours).

Good luck!

YT

Yankeetoker's Ladies Of 2017

sh I have had much worse. almost allways, when I try some "organic stuff". lol. no joke. I don't even use the name "chemical" when I talk ferts, anymore. think about it. obamas pussy epa, would not allow anything that's anything, to become anything. lol. the bad "chems", are long history. much of the non organics, are fine. they simply do not pay the embezzlement fees, associated with politics, in order to have the right to have the "organic bug" on their products. And, true organics, must be totally composted, in order to be usefull to the plant. Organic soils, come with free fungus gnats, as well, as much worse critters. I have used many non- organic ferts, in my 9 years of growing. they are mostly all well balanced, as to avoid any, or most, deficiency's. I add Epsom salts, at one tsp a gallon, to supply much needed mg, which the plants use a lot of. As to your current problems, well, I allways follow rules of thumb. Use half the dose of nutes the container says. When you water the girls, water thru, till it comes out the bottom. allways. then, nothing, till it is near dry. never half water. never "top off". I still use a moisture probe! cheap, and indispensable. now, back to the toxic, radioactive ferts I use. when your plants have about 19 days, till harvest, flush them real good. for a four gallon pot, ill run about ten gallons of water thru it. but, I started using my ppm meter, to tell when the runoff, was mostly free of ferts. my water, runs about 130 ppm.when I start the flush, the runoff can be as high as 1200 ppm. when I get a reading, of say, 260 ppm, that's good enough. if the plants need anything before harvest, just give ph water. in my four gallon pots, I give one gallon of liquid, each time I feed/water. sometimes a good flush, followed by a little of the Epson salts, will cure the problem you are having. honestly, tho, with the "non organics" I use, I , and the plants, have been so much happier. the nutes are already broken down, and the plant takes them right up. seldom, will you have problems. for anyone who chooses, the organics, and, has the time, temperament, and tenure, I respect you all. I do use organics, outdoor. seems to be best, as no flush option, for in ground, outdoor, plantings. this year, I will use earth juice. tried it indoor, and, plants looked starved, and amemic.

I do not agree about the nutes. The nutes give potency. They with grow to the size of the room depending on lumens of light/square foot, but the more nutes the higher the THC possibilities. There is a line of to many nutrients and you could lock them out, but I would never do a grow with out them. Micronutrients are just as important as N P K are. Be careful of whom you listen to. You do not have to know what you are talking about to put posts in this forum. Lots of bad advice along with some real good advice. They are like we are. They need food, water, light and dark. There are websites that have pictures of the different deficiencies so you can tell what you need to give your sick plant. Skim milk is a good thing for plants. The ancients used it for the same reason I do. Skim milk and Epsom salts can alleviate the need for cal mag. No chemicals are needed to grow marijuana, but fertilizer is for growing awesome buds.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks again for the ProMix suggestion JimmyJames. It turned my grow around when I was almost ready to give up. Although my plants are currently stressed due to LST, they are green and growing again. :) Count me as a ProMix fan :)

Hi Jimmyjames - dont remember where that post is. The promix product is at Lowes I think but with 2 kinds. Which one do you prefer again?

420-magazine-mobile1027477003.jpg

The one with the red tomato . on it.

You can add I bag perlite to every 3 large bags ProMix or 1 bag perlite to their 2cu.ft. Bale for higher porosity. Or even more if you want to make it more "hydroponicicy" (not a real word)

Thanks so much. The red tomato I can remember. 'Hydroponicy' works for me haha.

Oldbear - they have the right ProMix at Costco. They are the huge bags ( equivalent to 4 large bags) for $20, which is about 1/2 the cost if you want that much.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I would still trans plant it and drain the plant out with water soil probably needs sum oxygen

Oldbear - they have the right ProMix at Costco. They are the huge bags ( equivalent to 4 large bags) for $20, which is about 1/2 the cost if you want that much.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks I can use that much for sure for outdoor plantings.

Failure is not an issue when you have gone this far to save them :thumb:

Ah the road of recovery & i can begin to see how many pot holes one may off encountered upon the road once travelled upon... Mmm yes so long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom