Why are lower leaves yellowing and falling off? please help!

dogno

hello everyone... i am a first time grower.
i'm having a problem, posted on other sites but nobody seems to know what it is..

some guys told me its too many nutrients, i flushed and stopped giving her nutrients but its only becoming worse (the pest problem im slowly fixing with neem oil)

i'm baffled that people who dont even know how pH works are being given answers (oh, btw, my ph is around 6.5 so its fine) that are written everywhere yet nobody knows what my problem is... please help!
and tell me if i forgot anything, i made so many threads! ask anything

these are the pictures after the flush, if you want i'll give you the other ones (they are just less yellow, as i said its becoming worse)

P140813_12_02_02_.jpg
P140813_12_02.jpg
P140813_12_02_01_.jpg
P140813_12_04_01_.jpg
P140813_12_03.jpg
P140813_12_04_02_.jpg

I would like to see the entire plant to make sure I tell you everything thats wrong. But judging from the small portion of the plant you show us its just nitro deficiency. This can either be from not enough nitrogen or from too much phosphorous in the medium which will lock out the nitrogen.

If your average soil PH is 6.5 then that is fine. Also just to double check you are PHing the soil and not the water you feed right?

thanks for the replies! first of all:
i made other threads in other forums, i posted the links but someone took them out (i guess they dont like other sites... either way if you search for username "dogno" in other sites you will see my threads)

pics are below.

about the fertilizers, im using biobizz fish mix (6-2-4), and i started having problems from when i gave molasses + alfalfa tea to my plant (molasses has a lot of K though, and not much P, so how can it be too much phosphorus?).

i stopped the tea almost immediately though, and continued to give only fish mix, i give 1ml/l every week (sometimes twice a week, if i water a lot, its really hot here the plant drinks like crazy, outdoor so i cant do anything about the heat)
i grow in biobizz all mix soil.

it hasnt, and im trying to upload photos of the full plant but it wont let me edit anything, hold on
edit: photos of the big plant (the one with the yellowing)
P150813_18_14r.jpg
P150813_18_13r.jpg
P150813_18_13_02_r.jpg
P150813_18_13_01_r.jpg

as you can see the wind took off the 3 leaves that were completely yellow, the ones at the bottom are starting to yellow though
and here are a couple of pics from the other plants, they seem to be fine (some pests but im using neem oil)
P150813_18_14_01_r.jpg
P150813_18_14_02_r.jpg
P150813_18_16r.jpg

the pictures look a bit fucked up because i had to reverse them in paint, if you want here are the original:

Can only be nitrogen or sulfur. And it's not sulfur.
so should i just give it double the fish mix? im scared it might be overfeeding though (thats what they told me in other forums) so im scared of harming the plant even more by doing that...(i flushed yesterday and im not giving any nutes until this weekend)
brb for 1 hour btw

im back, so definately add more nutrients, does everyone agree with this? are you guys sure its not overfeeding?
edit: i didnt see the pH question, the pH is around 6.5 for both the water i feed and runoff water(i dont have digital so its hard to have an exact number, but its around there)

Dont go too crazy. Just at your next feeding feed with about 25% more nutes then you usually do. maybe 50% more.

So lets say that before you would add like 10 ml per gallon this time add like 12-15 ml per gallon.

They clearly want nitro and I doubt its locked out from too much phosphorous, it probably just does not get enough.

Something about the coloring, especially in those first few pictures, doesn't really look like nitrogen deficiency. Those leaves are limp and badly faded, all dull, while the rest of them just don't show N def. I don't see much sign of progression. You said it had been hot - what sort of sunlight were they getting? Is it direct or shade - what time of day?

It may just be a respiration issue. There's no good reason you should have N def in that soil with those nutes at that age.

I gotta disagree with mr Graytail. The entire plant is pale green instead of a deeper rich green. Its nitrogen, the entire plant looks like it wants nitrogen.

Something about the coloring, especially in those first few pictures, doesn't really look like nitrogen deficiency. Those leaves are limp and badly faded, all dull, while the rest of them just don't show N def. I don't see much sign of progression. You said it had been hot - what sort of sunlight were they getting? Is it direct or shade - what time of day?

It may just be a respiration issue. There's no good reason you should have N def in that soil with those nutes at that age.

they get direct light from like 8 in the morning to 6.30 in the evening, then some weak light till 9 pm. sometimes in the night i activate the lights outside my house (sometimes i dont if there's too many mosquitos) to give it a little more light.
could she be light-hungry? i dont think so... and you said respiration issue, what exactly do you mean by that?

it has been really hot, so i wrapped some anti-sun paper around the pots, so the roots wouldnt get cooked (i doubt yellow leaves are from that though, but the plants definately drink less now)

If your gonna do it make sure you do it every night. Then once they begin flower you must NEVER do it again
yea i was always wondering, what would happen when a flowering plant took more than 12/12.. i guess its not good xD
the lights are like 9 watts btw
and about the issue, i would like to know what graytail meant by "respiration issue" (the only one i know comes from too much watering but i dont think he meant that)
other than that i'll increase the dose of fish mix tomorrow(the plant now looks kinda stable, but i think the lower leaves are a slightly more yellow than yesterday)

edit: btw, should i leave the lights on even when i put neem oil in the evening? i heard it burns the plant but the lights are very weak so i dont know...

Back
Top Bottom