Why are my Cherry og buds purple

Greenleef

Cherry og from seed , harvested, buds all lime green , i cloned her before flowering . That first clone was lime green as well . I cloned the clone , before i put her into flower . So the second clone , which is a clone of a clone harvested and this one was half purple . The buds were purple not the sugar leaves . All the leaves stayed green , some yellowing at the end which is normal . Im wondering why that 3rd grow turned purple but the first 2 plants did not . The temperature stayed between 70 -78 degrees. Did not get cold . Lights 600 watt mh during veg , 600 hps and 1000led with u/v for flowering . Nutes used ... fox farms trio plus bud candy , molasses, a bit of epsom salt . Medium was fox farm ocean strawberry fields . Only thing i can think of is the seed was labeled cherry o.g but maybe it was supposed to be black cherry o.g . No deficiencies during grow . No seeds in buds and it smoked good /average.

Weird. Usually when the buds themselves are purple it is not caused by cold but there all the time. Leaves change color because of cold buds don't. As you mentioned your temps didn't change.

The only thing I can think of it was in the genetics to begin with. They say cloning a clone can degrade genetics over time. Maybe you are just seeing something along those lines. I know S-1 strains that should all be just like mom will have variances in the offspring.That is because of the genetic diversity.
The reason it only smoked good/average probably had something to do with the color. Purple buds lack need chlorophyll to grow great. That is the reason Purple strains got a bad rap early on as not being strong. Pretty does not mean potent.

Now days there is so much purple genetics around Purples are getting lots stronger.

Cloning clones doesn't "degrade" the genetics. I mean how could genes "degrade" they don't disappear but they do have the ability to change. Why I have blonde hair and my twin brother doesn't have hair lol etc.

So what could happen in the cloning process to make a gene turn on or off for color??

This is the real question as I see it.

The answer I wood look at the cloning process. Maybe there were some bacteria introduced (very likely actually) and that bacteria somehow had an effect on the genetic make up of the cut while it was rooting and beginning its life again.

Back
Top Bottom