Why are my leaves so sad?

Slimskibby

420 Member
IMG_20181114_174134.jpg
the past 2 weeks they've been getting worse. Temps stayed in the mid 80's, that's what I keep them at under LED's. Switched to plastic pots since air pots seem to get them root bound (maybe I'm overwatering?), using biocanna at 1/4 strength. Lights are 18" above canopy. Only 3 out of the 6 are bad like this. Any response will be much appreciated.

i would always suggest overwatering as the first place to look into. seems so darn common. killing with kindness, indeed

i see wet soil in your pics too, tho one has to water sometime,,, let dry thoroughly between waterings and soak good when you do water,, then repeat

and i would hold off completely with the nutes till they recover a lot,, cheers friend

karma sent

I agree with nivek, overwatering is a common problem.

What type of medium are they in?
What have you been pHing the water at after you mixed the nutes.
pH is not the issue, but it's important that we understand everything you are running on the girls.

There is no deficiency but you should be planning ahead as well, if you haven't already. LED lights tend to cause plants to use more Calcium, so a supply of CalMag on hand will be getting ahead of the game.

Read the link below in my signature re Watering a Potted plant. Great information if you are unsure.

:goodluck:

its def overwatering, if you want you can do what i did and run h202 threw soil.. buy the 3% hydrogen peroxide bottles and pour 2 full bottles into the pot there will be a bunch of sizzling and foaming on top of soil but in 12 hrs your plant will be able to breath oxygen again threw the roots and improve the way she looks by 70% then let the soil dry completely out i bout lost one due to overwatering its a mistake we all make but you have to change the way you water let the pot get lite then water dont water bc you think she needs it u gotta lift the pot and fill or put your finger in and see how moist it is about inch down its hard to kill these little booger but root rot will quickly

I agree. I find myself guilty of the same...its rough because pots in various sizes always weigh differently. I use 1 gallon for my clones and 3 and 5 gallon for the flower girls.

If I can pick up a 5 gallon with one hand with little effort, I feed. Usually every 2 days in flower. In veg, about every 4 days....the little ones are easy. If they are light as a feather, I feed a cup, just enough to cover the whole top quickly.

I agree. I find myself guilty of the same...its rough because pots in various sizes always weigh differently. I use 1 gallon for my clones and 3 and 5 gallon for the flower girls.

If I can pick up a 5 gallon with one hand with little effort, I feed. Usually every 2 days in flower. In veg, about every 4 days....the little ones are easy. If they are light as a feather, I feed a cup, just enough to cover the whole top quickly.
I do the same thing specially if i dont have time to water/feed ill just add a lil before work to get them a thirst quencher lol

i would always suggest overwatering as the first place to look into. seems so darn common. killing with kindness, indeed

i see wet soil in your pics too, tho one has to water sometime,,, let dry thoroughly between waterings and soak good when you do water,, then repeat

and i would hold off completely with the nutes till they recover a lot,, cheers friend

karma sent

Thanks for the advice Nice, I switched from air pots to plastic pots, maybe the plastic ones hold more water than I thought

Thanks Mr Sauga,
I don't pH the nutes since I use a compost tea and the bacteria breaks down the N-P-K-Ca-Fe etc and the roots take them up as they need and ph-ing could harm the bacteria. But I did notice a magnesium def (purple lines along branches) and fed cal-mag along with the weekly feeding of Bio Canna Vega. Roots are strong and white, thankfully no root root, knock on wood.

That's a cool ass tip I never heard of that. Now unfortunately I have living bacteria in my soul and H2O2 will kill them. However since we're focusing on the O2, do you think CO2 will work in the form of sparkling water?

That's a cool ass tip I never heard of that. Now unfortunately I have living bacteria in my soul and H2O2 will kill them. However since we're focusing on the O2, do you think CO2 will work in the form of sparkling water?

Mine had living micro and bateria to i grow in soil!!! you replinish it with the micro.. youll be fine thats about all you can do to recover her go look at my journal how fast she healed up you cant be affraid of doing it she will bounce back quicker and stronger. You running on the clock at this point nothing is going to fix her pretty much but besides using the hydrogen peroxide the plant i did it to is the biggest most healthiest one i have in the room with 10x the bud sites shooting off of her and way ahead of the others and she was down for almost a week n a half

karma sent
Sing it buddy ole pal!! Thats what i did the samething i was constantly in the room watching them grow.. the more love and romantic time i spent with them the more problems that kept popping up on me its like they know your in there and they try in tell you to leave them alone. I kept watering when they didnt need it and ended up killing them almost with love. Once i put the room on cruise control bam had explosive growth and by time i new it i was into flower..

That’s hilarious we all do it at first i guess ,then you live in learn my friend...:Namaste:

Thanks for all the help folks, the best part about this experience for me is having all you people with knowledge acting selflessly and sharing it when it's needed. It's like a farmers only intervention and I love it.

Thanks for all the help folks, the best part about this experience for me is having all you people with knowledge acting selflessly and sharing it when it's needed. It's like a farmers only intervention and I love it.

Itll work and she will thank you for it, learn with a pot just like u have those in of dirt only..water it pick it up and get used to the weight let it dry and Pick it up again do that couple times in youll no when to water next time and its a good practice to learn.. canna is pretty hardy i havent watered my white widow in like 2 weeks the dirt is completely dry bone dry and she is happy as can be still she is young and prolly pulling moisture out the air but her roots have to be a mile long looking for water.. with the stage you are at you will want to drought stress them so the roots can hunt for water at this stage of life you need to worry about the roots and soil dont focus to much on whats going on above the soil right now.. you need a good root base so she can grow to be resilient and the roots support her for her up coming life

Back
Top Bottom