Why are my plants growing slowly?

greengrow420

Hey there everyone, this is my first time posting on this site, and its also the first time I decided to grow cannabis. I got these plants about 4 days ago from a friend who didn't want his anymore, he said they sprouted at the very beginning of the month June 1st. Most of them are under 2 inches, which seems kinda weird considering its been 20 days.

Was wondering is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll give you a little info on my grow so you guys can get a feel for what the conditions are currently like.

I went to the hardware store 2 days ago and bought 2 40watt 2700k cfl bulbs that give off 2800 lumens as well as 2 much smaller 13 watt 2700k bulbs as well. Before I had them outside, because I thought that them sitting outside in the sun all day was better than 9 plants sitting under 2 13 watt bulbs lol. I keep em about 2-3 inches above my plants because I've been noticing the bigger bulbs are much hotter, I keep a fan going on as much as I can to keep circulation, but im not certain on an area I should keep them in. I have a really big aquarium that hasn't been used before which can fit them with plenty of room to spare, or is that bad because I might cut off air circulation if I put them in a aquarium? They were outside for approx. 1-2 weeks because we've had awesome weather 20-25 celcius and then at night I would bring them in and put them under the lights. Is it okay if I started to feed them nutrients at 1/4 strength or are they still to young? If so what brand is the best because I still need to buy it. Once my plants get bigger I plan to buy 2 40 watt with the 6500k because I heard those are better for the veg state. They currently are set up in an area which is directly under my window so they get decent air circulation. I've been thinking my problems might be coming from having off ph? I have strips to test ph but they don't seem to work in soil they don't seem to change color at all. I had water which I added a very small amount of baking soda because I heard that can increase ph and the strips became a lightish green which indicated a ph of around 6.4-6.7 so thats what I have been watering them with. Im using an organic potting soil which has sphagnum peat moss, perlite, and composed wood bark, can the ph of the soil possibly be off? I took a bunch of pictures so i'll post pics as soon as I find out how to.

I apologize for the wall of text haha, but I just wanted to try and get out as much information as possibe, Ive read a lot about what my problems might be that now I have no idea, and I would really like to hear your guys' opinions.

2 40 and 2 13 watt bulbs should be enough for 9 little plants shouldnt it? they are like 2 inches and under and only 20 days old.

Back
Top Bottom