Why are my seedlings wilting? Photos attached

alex00

Hi,
I know my seedlings is too tall, I done some mistakes before, but I have another problem...

Everything was good till yesterday. Yesterday in the morning I saw the leaves are going down, I bought a moisture meter and it showed that the soil is dry, and I watered up to scale 7.

After watered everything was nice and beautiful again! But after 6 hours of dark the leaves were willing again..

The soil is moist, I dont think is anything to do with the watering. Also I think the leaves are way too dark (dark green).
IMG_107840.JPG
IMG_107840.JPG
IMG_107840.JPG
IMG_107741.JPG
IMG_107439.JPG
IMG_107540.JPG
IMG_107840.JPG
IMG_107840.JPG

Any advice pls???

Plants wilt for several reasons. But two of the most common reasons are- too dry, and too wet. After you soak a plant down it will usually droop a little from all the water in its leaves.
That's ok as long as it dries out again within a reasonable time period. Overwatering means- staying wet for too long. Cannabis does well wth a wet to dry cycle. Seedlings in particular are succeptible to being overwatered because they have immature root systems and not much foliage to transpire the water with.
How long it takes to dry out after being watered is mostly a function of the plant size to pot size ratio.
Yours looks ok but you probably won't have to water for quite a long time now.
I'd recommended learning how to water by judging the weight of the pot.
Your plant is a normal shade of green.
It may need more light. It looks like a healthy seedling though.

On some varieties a slight drooping of the leaves during darkness is normal. It can also be a reaction to cooler than preferred night time temps. Did you poke holes in the bottoms of your cups. If water is pooling at the bottom the top can be dry but the roots can be drowning. But most importantly these plants need immediate transplanting to a deeper depth. I would suggest transplanting them to a depth about a quarter to a half inch below the cotyledons. This will result in root growth up and down that long stem. Lastly that kind of seedling stretch is almost certainly caused by to low of light intensity or too warm of temps during the day or both. Best of luck in all you grow!

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good morning and welcome to the community Your plant looks fine to me but I would check out the threads on here about how to water properly. Overwatering is one of the easiest ways to kill a seedling. I myself was guilty of underwatering until I read those turorials myself and I still find myself at times fighting the urge to water. And I dont know what kind of light you have (you might have a perfect light) but the light may very well to high and that will cause the plant to stretch for it. But no need to fear like upthehollar said you can backfill up to the coryledons.

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

Thanks for the quick respond guys! It was very helpful!
The plant isint streching anymore, it stoped 5 days ago and woudnt it be too soon to be transplanting them to hide the stems? Thanks

You could transplant them now but if it were me I would hold off a little bit since you have it supported and she seems to have stopped stretching. But when you do transplant and you bury the stem up to the cotyledons then the part of the stem you covered will actually start growing roots

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Unknown Strain From Seed - First Time Grow

I wouldn't transplant when the soil is wet like that. It tends to just fall apart and it's a pretty risky move to do that with a delicate young plant. Let it dry and growth will speed up a lot. Transplant when it's somewhat rootbound and it will be easy.

Back
Top Bottom