Why are my thrichs/trichome Stems filling in from the bottom with red?

trichomes

I just noticed the red color is working up towards the round part of my trichomes. (look close you'll see about 6 of them) I can't find any answers in my books. I'm guessing it's from cold temp for a few hours everyday. temp is fine when light is on, but gets cold when dark starts for 3 hours every day. Please let me know if you have ever seen this! Thank you all who always come thru & contribute/ share your knowledge!:thumb:
trichsRedStems.png

Maybe turning amber, do-no....:peace:

I read somewhere that this happens because it skipped the amber phase, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Most likely, imo, this is an awesome display of an unusual phenotype found in your plant. If this is the case, I would try to get some nanners off of her at try to isolate that trait, but that's just me being me. I think having a awesome looking plant to stare at is just as good as how well it smokes :blunt:

This is a link I found with something similar Red Trichomes Stalks? « Green Wellness « Medical Marijuana Authorization Clinics, Doctors | Washington State | Holistic Healthcare

That is perfectly normal, as your plants age the trichomes will turn an amber color. You need to get a nice microscope to check them, because in fact that is how you know when to harvest, not just by saying ok these buds look big enough. There is a point to where your cannabis can over ripen and degrade in potency. I usally go by when 70% of the trichomes have changed I harvest.

Back
Top Bottom