Why are RooR products so overpriced?

Gorillabuds

I've been looking at bongs online and RooRs are just outrageously overpriced. All they are, are glorified lab beakers. I used to steal graduated beakers from the science room at school 30 years ago and make bongs like RooRs. Does that make me the original R00Rilla? :laughtwo:
It's absurd how expensive they are. Anyone else in agreement with me here? Sure they're nice but it's only glass, not diamonds. I think I'll buy a nice clone of some kind with color and something cool added to it like a gecko for about half the price.

How can one thing be better than another when all both are doing is bubbling smoke through some water? I think the shiny bling bling makes your brain think it's better than a cheaper glass bong that's not as pretty. Blindfolded and put to the test, I doubt anyone could tell the difference. Not that money is the object or anything, I just can't bring myself to throw $240 at something when the $32 glassware I use now accomplishes the same thing. I guess I understand someone wanting a shiny new Mercedes over a shiny new Kia..lol.

As long as you buy a quality Glass on Glass pipe then I would say you have something just as nice as a RooR. RooR's are nice mainly for the fact that they have all glass on glass joints, no rubber gromets. RooR, Illadelph, PhX, Pure, etc. it doesn't matter which one you buy they will all hit nicely. However, I would never waste my money on a no name generic piece. These tend to have much thinner glass walls than the more expensive name brand ones.

Is Pyrex even that expensive to produce? This is another reason why I want to learn to blow glass, I'll make my own shit for a fraction of the price and 100000 times more elaborate(with many hours of practice) than any of those. My issue with all those pieces is they are so plane, I like my stuff to be a little off the wall.

it's not pyrex- it's Schott Duran borosilate glass. Very expensive to produce, and exceptionally strong. The melt point is significantly higher than most glass.

Your right about the glass KL, super easy to clean compared to pyrex.

other tubes (og jbd style) are usually 100% of the time fumed with precious metals, with lots of extra custom work added to the midsections/mouth, have actual individually creative designs and are less expensive... besides not being churned out looking the same with different labels the gong joint isnt stuck out so as to make the tube 100% vulnerable to attack by renegade bumble bees.

How can one thing be better than another when all both are doing is bubbling smoke through some water? I think the shiny bling bling makes your brain think it's better than a cheaper glass bong that's not as pretty. Blindfolded and put to the test, I doubt anyone could tell the difference.

I bet you that if you put a cheap glass bong... even 70 bux up against a killadelph or something like it, blindfold yourself, mix em around and toke... you'll be able to tell.

There IS a difference otherwise people wouldn't buy it. Its just like saying that all vapes are the same..all they do is heat up the buds...

i own a phX double perc and i must say it hits incredible, the best bong ive ever hit actually...the glass on glass is a perfect seal and the diffusers and 18mm joints provide a smooth clear :bongrip: 370$ after accessories...worth every penny

My green and white label 9mm RooR broke at the glass on glass joint where it is designed to break when it falls. The joint was nowhere near as thick as the rest of the piece try 2 or 3mm. Then I got a pice called Purp it was a RooR knock off. It hit great, but it was too thin and broke easily. But if it's just going to break anyway why get the expensive one? I prefer off brands with regular downstems that aren't designed to break easily. I have a Puff piece that is beautiful, hits wonderfully with the diffuser I added and I've had it since 2001.

I have owned RooR products for more then 8 years and have never broken a down spout joint. All my pipes are still intact and "fully operational". :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

alright, don't get me wrong here, roors are the shit and I would kill to have a nice one, but I think after they built there name up, a lot of that expensive price you are paying for is for the name or at least some of it. I've been to a few headshops with glass that was localy blown, and pretty much have a lot of bongs almost exactly the same as diffrent roor pieces, and they were going for about half the price if not less.

i recently picked up a small bong, about a foot tall, delta nine,a nd that thing has treated me almost too nicely, lol. It is wonderfull, and after dropping my slider piece/bowl from chest height onto tile (worst feeling in the world) and watching it just bounce around, I'm almost sure its pyrex. triple difuser, glass on glass, ice catcher, huge bowl, and i just spend $30 on a ash catcher for it. so basically, i got a awesome bong that packs a huge punch for $75, and then another $30 for the ash catcher. you just gotta shop around and if your trying to save money, then don't be fooled into paying for the name, but if you have the money then go for it. I could just never spend over like $150 on a piece, just cause i know the bong i have now ripps awesome, and when i go to buy another, well, that money is worth a lot of weed, lol.

Is Pyrex even that expensive to produce? This is another reason why I want to learn to blow glass, I'll make my own shit for a fraction of the price and 100000 times more elaborate(with many hours of practice) than any of those. My issue with all those pieces is they are so plane, I like my stuff to be a little off the wall.

Respect for being so innovative! + rep

And I bet Kia sells more cars then Porsche too. :grinjoint:

Here are some things I've learned about ROORs. Firstly if your buying a ROOR your defiantly buying it partly bragging rights. Their name stands out everyone knows it (anyone who smokes bongs) The quality is higher than most bongs, but the price for quality don't match up... Still a great bong and I recommend to anyone to pick one of these up and start your smoking experience over again.
How I like to put it is like this;:
"Take everything you know about bongs, and throw it against the wall after you've ripped one of these pipes."
Heres mine that I just picked up recently; I'm already in lOvE!
~mOe
securedownload-12.jpeg

I am keenly wanting a RooR for the last year. It would be great compared to the $50 glass I used now. I hate having a metal stem, with rubber grommets and a metal cone piece. I don't think you can compete, with quality hand blown, full glass RooR's. It is the Bentley of smoking.

Back
Top Bottom