Why buy Crop King Seeds

We are sincerely apologizing to all aggrieved forum member and customers for the actions of our previous management. And from now on be assured that an active new team will handle the contest winners properly. @buckshot317 and @weaselcracker please accept our sincerest apologies and give us a chance to make it up to you kindly private message us here to get this sorted out. Also to all contest winners who have not given their personal details for their prizes too please send us a private message too.

Y'all need to read this they just posted it. I have faith that the new regime will sort out the problems created for us and cks by the last one. PM them here with order number and whatnot and they will do the right thing. That is why it's so important to have good communication and they are showing good faith.

was also told I was lucky to even get seeds in USA lmao we have how many legal states now ?

I can see saying it in a conversational way. After all, the states do not run, control, or govern the US Postal System. I can even see saying it in an informative way - as in, "We shipped 86,000 packages to US addresses last year, and those dirty dogs nabbed 4,000 of them."

I can't see saying it in a threatening, Marc Emery kind of way, though. I hope that's not what you were inferring, that'd be bad for business (and bad for other reasons in general).

This is a general(!) statement: I can see the frustration involved in owning a business that deals in seeds. The owner has no control over the seeds once they leave his/her possession. Were they irradiated during shipment? Were they used right away or stored and, if the latter, were they stored properly? Were they germinated properly? Dropped into a cup of water and left too long with too little O₂? For that matter, did everything go just fine... but the customer decided to try for a free reshipment anyway? As they say, sh!t happens. And if you're in the business but are not - exclusively - dealing with well-established, 100% professional breeders (who have also very occasionally suffered issues, too), then you have to worry about the possibility of quality (and/or quantity) issues from that end, too. IDK what the profit margin is, lol, but it'd have to be adequate to account for the stress, frustration, actual issues, pretend issues ("Hey, those $200 worth of seeds are giants now err I mean were no good, gimme some more.") How is a person to know which are real and which are cons? You sort of have to assume they're all real, and that's not expected to improve one's disposition.

In this sponsor's case, if I understand things correctly, it also does B2B business, domestically, in Canada. IOW, they either sell to or stock displays (IDK which) located in lots of brick & mortar businesses in Canada. They have to deal with that aspect of their business, too (and the usual frustrations of same). They have to deal with the fact that not every single seed they stock will be sold (and, again, they may not have control of the third parties' storage methods). Who takes the loss on unsold merchandise, Crop King, or the locations where the seeds are being sold? Assuming the latter, that's a number of seeds to be discarded (at a loss) each year. More frustration, more expense that, at the very least, thins the profit margin. At worst, it's "I haven't cashed my own paychecks in six weeks because after paying the employees, the utilities, and the suppliers, my business is broke." I've seen that (NOT in a seed business, as I've never worked in one, but small business owners can sometimes be self-taught masters at living cheaply or even fasting regularly, lol). And, BtW, I hope that if unsold stock does get returned to CK, I hope that there's no possibility of accidentally sending some of that returned stock out in order fulfillment. I suppose that could happen, and by accident. Or if there's some thief working for them, he/she could do a little substitution. All kinds of things, and a business owner has to think of and deal with all of them.

And then there's forums... One guy - who actually DOES have a valid issue - posts about something on Forum A. Six weeks later, there's 100 reports on five different forums about how all these people "know a guy" who had a bad experience. Turns out the guy that those posters "know" is the person who posted originally about his issue. Said guy may be happy NOW, if his issue has been rectified. Wait a year, though, and you might still see new posts in the same vein ("I just heard about issues with {business}, and the forums are full of stories!") That can be like the near-mythical Brownian Motion, lol, it keeps producing its own energy.

Now... It's generally not one person who actually has issues and posts about them, but you see what I'm getting at? Right now, here, there's this thread and the sponsor's Apology thread. Maybe others, IDK. And some posts in there are without a doubt by the very people who've experienced some kind of issue. But there are also posts by people who've not - personally - done business with the sponsor. That can easily lead to a situation that... well... do a web search for "how are snowballs formed when rolling down hills," lol.

I've seen - again, NOT in reference to seedbanks or the like - setups where a customer ID or order number was required in order to make a post/review. I'd hate to see that happen where the 'banks are concerned, simply because - let's face it - a LOT of people who order seeds don't want a paper trail, real or virtual. OtOH... It'd sure shorten threads ;) .

It's hard to get a real, 100% accurate picture of any business with just a glance. With seedbanks, it can be somewhat difficult even after a thorough investigation :rolleyes3 .

And this particular seedbank has - or so we have been told - recently changed owners. Assuming that is the case... And, furthermore, assuming the new owner(s) is both more savvy (in the business sense) AND more honest than the last owner(s), one still wonders... What about the employees? Are they all new, too? If not, could one or more of them have been part of the previous problems? Have storage/shipping/etc. methods changed (IF, of course, they were contributing factors in the previous issues)? The new owner(s)... They're not exactly starting from scratch; they've got the infrastructure - and the problems. In many ways, it can be akin to having just bought a piece of property that contains a house which is falling apart, lol. You look at the house, see a lot of glaring issues, and think, "Okay, a lot of work here. But it'll still be cheaper and easier than demolishing it and building an entire new house." But then he goes to work, and discovers other, previously hidden ones... It's tough. Will a bank loan money on the property? (Will the business' creditors understand that it is under new ownership and, therefore, take a chance on it again?)

I think it's safe to assume that at least SOME of the issues have been real. I'll also assume that the owner (new or not) is honestly attempting to not only deal with those problems (since, even if the owner is new, one could say that he/she bought those problems along with the assets) but also to prevent new ones. I guess, having made those assumptions...

I am cautiously optimistic.

Might have been easier if they'd changed the dba name and entered the industry as a brand new business, even - or, perhaps, especially - though that would have meant starting with a zero reputation (after all, a zero is better than a negative ;) ). IDK. I like to see small businesses succeed, so: Good luck!!!

I'd almost bet that at least 50% of complaints wanting order re shipped are are false. Lots of people are always trying to work an angle. Growing up my family had several retail stores. As small business it's incredibly difficult to succeed in this environment. Honesty and hard work is a thing of the past. I've personally screwed seeds up in the past, but that was my fault, letting them dry up in paper towel, lol . Done that a few times, just forgot about them. The only thing I want is what I paid for, nothing more or less.

There is a problem with all of this though the fact being it could have all been prevented and false claims will aggravate everyone .... and yes these are all very real possibilities and every small business has to go threw them in someone or one at least equal in aggravation and losing profit , its why most businesses fail in the first year but taking it out on your customers adding guarantees on products and choosing to ship to a county you 1 dislike 2 think it's a good possibility of the government not allowing it in or the stealth you brag about not being good enough to beat them then don't ship to them that kills that problem but I can tell you this much it's not hard to get them threw at all and when something like a address that is given correctly is then not put on a package properly telling the customer you choose to ship to in the USA that they are luck y that they are even getting anything when they just paid a good amount of money based on there guarantees it's bad bad bad for business. That being said that problem was rectified by sending another package and getting it to me a different route and a LOT faster that is good business as far as germination I followed there specs per there guarantee not being voided . But after seeing failure on curtain seeds on others tried to add h202 and it worked better with scarification I have not tried to contact them about the mixed up seed packs so I can't speak to that part and the employee that made that comment is just an employee . So who knows if the ones that have experienced this have just ran in to the same person . And I do see a effort on the owner / management side of things I am looking forward to seeing how they change I would have tried to use them one more time at least before reading this post and now that they are attempting to let us know there will be a change in how things are handled I will try them once more .

Yeah I just let 23 dry in a paper towel a week ago lol but had a real issue with some sitting in water for a two week and eventually just had to throw them out after changing water and everything it was odd they were very very small and autos I heard a LOT of people have trouble with auto more so than fem and fem more than reg I guess that's what happens when you modify genetics though . But I really don't see them saying no to people who have placed orders and made a claim so yeah that must suck I didn't even claim the ones I had that screwed up maybe a lot of people don't either I'm helping it even out lol

That's me , I don't want to make a claim. But if you order fems, and you get unknown regulars and autos. On one reshipment, they had to deliberately smash them. There's no way they could have gotten that way during shipping. I even ran over some bag seeds in the padded envelope they sent, with 3/4 ton truck on concrete. And couldn't smash them lol. I wish I didn't save the email, I still get pissed when I read it

See thats the shit that makes you have to pursue it i couldnt leave that alone i just cant beleive i got seeds that where about the size of a grain of rice folded in half and then noticed they were not odd phenos they were completely different strains auto in blueberry reg bag and all kinds of crazy I ordered ten strains so I basicly gotta grow them up before I know

I'd almost bet that at least 50% of complaints wanting order re shipped are are false. Lots of people are always trying to work an angle.

I can't... Well, my head can understand such things, but my heart can't. I guess it's because I didn't suddenly wake up one day poor as a Church mouse. I grew up so poor that I didn't know what poor was. I didn't even think to gripe about only getting one or two presents at Christmas when some of the local juvenile-delinquents-in-training had piles - because, even at a young age, I knew that the reason I hadn't seen Dad more than on Sundays was because he was working double shifts (and he worked a difficult, labor-intensive job that routinely saw him come home with "little" injuries - Mom got to be quite adequate at stitching, lol) and that Mom had been babysitting multiple kids (and doing every other bit of work she could find) just so that we'd HAVE a Christmas present or two. And I'll probably never forget learning that the real reason Mom ended up learning to drive was because, a couple years before I was born, Dad came home and found Mom bawling because they not only had no money for presents, they couldn't even afford a tree. So Pop - who loved that woman enough he might have killed someone for making her cry - said, "get your coat on, we're getting a tree somewhere." So they drove out of town... Saw M O T E L spelled out in trees, lol. Old man hopped out with an ax and told Mom to drive up the highway for a few minutes, then turn around and pick him and their <COUGH>Christmas<COUGH> tree up. Mom drove up the road, turned into a driveway, and... Well, if you're a 95-year old retired farmer living in rural Illinois and you once had a strange woman wake you up in the middle of the night, banging on your door and crying, and when you opened the door to hear her ask, "Do you have to go to work in the morning? Well, you better come out and pull my car out of the snowbank or else you won't be able to get out," lol, then Mom says she's sorry about that ;) .

Little things, you know. Life. I still buy long johns because they're cheaper than heating the house above - or TO - 50 degrees in the Winter. It's not a conscious decision I make, it's just... why waste the money?

It's probably a good thing I'm not currently a business owner. I'd end up like my friend, 80 years old, worked half to death... and with no business. I couldn't tell you how many times we had some moldering old corpse (that was still motile, lol) in the store, look at the price of something that he/she really needed, and dejectedly start shuffling out. The boss would say something like, "Those doggone employees of mine, I told them we were having a sale and to make sure they marked that down 25%!" (I could read the price codes that we wrote on the packages when we unloaded the trucks, so I knew that a lot of the time she'd sell stuff for less than she paid for it because... I guess for the same reason that when you see someone starving, you don't break out the calculator to see how much you can afford to give them, you just ask them if they'd like something to eat.)

they were very very small and autos

I've had big fat cannabis seeds, and little "peace pot microdot" (please forgive the reference ;) ) sized seeds. Indicas, sativas tend to have different sized seeds (as a general rule). So size, alone, would not discourage me.

But I've wondered about auto-flowering strains. Ruderalis survives in nature, so it must be able to create the new generation. But IDK exactly what happens when you cross other sub-species of cannabis. Breed the wrong two animals together and you might witness a difficult and messy birth. Might there be something like this in that regard? And you're dealing with plants that have a limited lifetime. Seed development takes time, and someone that is in the business doesn't want just a few seeds, they want "commercial" numbers. Maybe their solution is growing 500+ females and enough males that they can harvest the pollen and blow it throughout the room. Or maybe they use fewer plants and try to get as many seeds as possible from each plant. A plant has a finite amount of energy and other resources. Stretching things too far can lead to getting less... of everything.

My parents both had full time jobs, my dad had 2 or 3 at all times. We were middle class family. At Christmas we cut our own tree every year. We usually just had a big dinner. Us kids only got 1 present a piece. My mom didn't believe in buying a bunch of toys and crap, she grew up during Great Depression. I kinda took after her. My thermostat never gets set below 75 in summer, 68 to 70 in winter. I'm in my 50's and never had a credit card. Need new car, save my $ and write a check, my kids hate me for this. I never bought kids cars, they can get a job and buy their own.

I love this post and as far as I know ruderalis is just a hemp strain ? Might be wrong .... But anyway I understand the breeding may end up bad that's kinda why it was disappointing I germed a lot together same time same water ph everything else popped and went good for the most part but nothing out of them so must be something wrong and I feel growing up that way the angle tree was a blessing

That's reason I just started getting regular seeds. A lot of these fem seeds just aren't stable, makes it kind of difficult if you want to make your own seeds. I haven't really looked into the ruderalis too much, only grown couple autos. But I just use distilled water, then put in paper towel, usually have at least 90% germinate. I don't even ph the water, use distilled or spring water from store

My thermostat never gets set below 75 in summer, 68 to 70 in winter. I'm in my 50's and never had a credit card. Need new car, save my $ and write a check, my kids hate me for this. I never bought kids cars, they can get a job and buy their own.

A parent buying their kid a car, lol? I started paying rent when I turned 16. So did my older brother. When he turned 16 and got his first job, he was told he could pay $25/week for room and board. "That's not fair. I'll just quit, then!" At which point, he was told, "Fine, you do that and it'll be $50/week." Needless to say, he kept his job - and started paying rent.

I did once borrow $3,000 from my parents to buy a car. Only had to pay back $3,600, so it was a good deal. Shame I only had enough left after buying the car to pay liability insurance, lol, because it really sucked limping past my totaled car (that was sitting in my driveway) on my walk to my parents' house to make those last... 15 payments. Life... happens.

My one concession to reality (lol) is my attempts to keep cool - or at least somewhat less than unbearably hot - in the Summer. I haven't been able to afford a vehicle (plus all that goes along with ownership) for a number of years, but I manage to run at least one air conditioner throughout the worst of the hot months. Priorities, eh? I figure I can still walk, more or less, everywhere I need to go... most of the time. But stick me in an oven for a month and I'd be done for ;) .

I'm not too frugal when it comes to growing, it's just hard to keep hidden from wifey

I learned a long time ago that it wasn't even worth the energy one spends trying to hide things from one's spouse/SO. Besides... It's supposed to be a partnership, yes?

I love this post and as far as I know ruderalis is just a hemp strain ?

Hmm... More likely to be sativas bred for low THC content, methinks. Ruderalis is short and scrubby, and starts flowering pretty much from the start. That's not a quality set that I'd look for in any kind of bio-production (paper, fuel, clothing, you name it). Ruderalis was always just some crappy unwanted species... right up until someone figured out a way to make money from it, lol, and then set about convincing people that they needed it. But that's business for you. It's not like ruderalis and its... qualities weren't already known about for years/decades/??? beforehand.

Ruderalis is short and scrubby, and starts flowering pretty much from the start. That's not a quality set that I'd look for in any kind of bio-production (paper, fuel, clothing, you name it). Ruderalis was always just some crappy unwanted species... right up until someone figured out a way to make money from it, lol, and then set about convincing people that they needed it. But that's business for you. It's not like ruderalis and its... qualities weren't already known about for years/decades/??? beforehand.

Ruderalis Hemp originated in what used to be called Russia, if my memory serves me rightly. In the 80's, Neville got ahold of some seeds & tried to breed some hybrids that'd be well sorted to extremely short growing seasons. The results weren't favorable & the project was scrapped. The recent re-interest in Ruderalis mainly comes from its very Hemp-like autoflowering proclivity, which a handful of P.T. Barnum-esque snake oil salesmen have foisted on the canna community, in pursuit of PROFIT, & ofc at the expense of quality. "Autos" are fucking garbage, and so far nobody can give any valid reason for their commercial existence.
/lightbulb/ Crossing Missouri Ditchweed with drug cultivar cannabis will increase CBD exponentially, it won't be a minute until some asshole "breeder" starts selling "SUPERFUCKINGDUPER MISSOURI CBD LIGHTNING" seeds & I'm sure lemmings will line up to part with their hard earned shekels.
As to "femmd" seeds, well, of course some of them are fucking mutants. Look at how they're produced. But, hey, it's another corner that can be cut, and since the majority of the people growing them aren't pros, they likely won't be miffed @ the results. I don't know a single professional grower that runs femmed seeds. Not one. I'm sure someone can cite some a-hole with a youtube channel who built a 40,000w grow with dad's money who runs them, but real pros? Nah. You say, "Skunk, I'm not a pro, I'm just a guy w/a tent & a dream." And I get that. If you want professional, world class results, then grow like a pro as best you can. Another analogy; Do you want to be a fry cook, or a chef? Fact: Nobody wants to be a fucking fry cook though some will settle for it. My advice: Never settle. Never be satisfied. The grows you see here that make you drool? Those guys like Canna & Nismo, or Carestaker, are never fucking satisfied.
Growing cannabis is a discipline. Like tae kwan do, or yoga, or Buddhism. If you half ass it, you'll never find enlightenment or reach Nirvana. Kali rewards those who seek diligently, and with focus.

☕

Back
Top Bottom