Why didn't my brownies work?

pitching101

I made brownies with 1.5 grams per person and they didn't work, tell me where I went wrong:

-I filled a deep frying pan with an inch of water and let a metal mixing pot sit on top (makeshift double boiler).
-I had the water in the bottom pan boiling and melted the butter in the top pot.
-I added the ground up weed into the melted butter on top and let it cook for about an hour stirring every 5 minutes.
-My problem might have been that the top bottom never got hot enough. Even though the water under it was boiling it never seemed to be very hot in the top mixing pot. I know it was supposed to simmer but what does a simmer look like. Is it supposed to bubble a little?
-After an hour I strained the weed/butter mixture and let it cool then mixed it in with unsweetened bakers chocolate, heavy cream, and the brownie mix.
-I baked it in the oven at 320 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Where did I go wrong? Was the weed/butter mixture in the double boiler not hot enough? I had the flame on pretty high and the water underneath it was boiling? Did it matter that the brownie mix was low carb? Help please

No you did it correct. The only thing I can think is maybe you have a higher tolerence than what you alotted for. Also, if you used a Sativa rather then an Indica, the effects will be very different. Sativa gives a much lighter body high, and stays mostly in the head. Indica gives a full, strong body high.

It takes about an hour and a half to 2 hours to really feel it. You didnt eat them then go to bed an hour later did you?

What kind of brownies call for butter by the way? Every type of brownie I made called for veggie oil, water, and egg. And I've eaten all sorts of brownies on my quest to find the perfect brownie. Which in my opinion is Betty Crocker Ultimate Fudge Brownies. mmmmmm.

Seems like 1.5 grams per person is not a whole lot. I made my first batch with about 8 grams of keif. I was bamfrigginboozled the whole weekend. Granted I ate the whole batch!

yes, maybe, not sure :cheesygrinsmiley:

I don't use a double boiler when I make butter.
Water to cover the weed, bring to a boil then butter
and simmer for 3 hrs. but don't let the temp get over 250 degrees.
always decarboxylate the flower first, then put your butter/water in a pot on "Lo" (or your lowest). patience. butter starts to melt, put in decarbed flower. simmer for 3 hours. patience for the simmer as you're gonna want to turn up that heat just a bit to get it going. patience. 2 sticks of butter/one cup of water/7-10 grams of flower. a good decarb recipe that i first used, and it was extremely successful. :) good luck.

always decarboxylate the flower first, then put your butter/water in a pot on "Lo" (or your lowest). patience. butter starts to melt, put in decarbed flower. simmer for 3 hours. patience for the simmer as you're gonna want to turn up that heat just a bit to get it going. patience. 2 sticks of butter/one cup of water/7-10 grams of flower. a good decarb recipe that i first used, and it was extremely successful. :) good luck.
Pitching didn't mention decarb. This might be the problem.

I use a crock pot. 1/4 cup of water so butter doesn’t burn. Pound of unsalted butter with 3 grams of greens or 2 grams
of buds. 2 1/2 hrs in crock, stirring every 15 mins. Strain off the greens. Put in frig to harden butter. Water is liquid below firm butter. I use 3 oz
of butter per mix. Always decarbed weed. Had 3 brownies tonight. Not feeling much. Going to try buds ground up in capsules next.

Back
Top Bottom