Why do Americans roll without a filter?

Sana

I'm from belgium and ive been wondering for so long how it comes you guys roll a blunt without a filter in it. The blunt part i can understand :d but i don't understand the benefits of rolling without a filter.

With filter:
-you have cooler smoke
-you can hold it easily
-its just more smooth looking (personal)
- there isn't any weed that goes in your mouth while taking a hit ( i presume that is so with a roach not sure)
-you can smoke until the end with no problem of heat and don't waste anything, while with a roach there must be some still in the joint?

And if i see ppl smoking from america with a roach clip it doesn't seem any fun, maybe its culture i don't know :p

So here is my question why don't you guys use a filter? just wondering :tokin:

I've rolled for the first 15 years without a filter. Now I fold up a small strip of paper and place that in the end.

Cultural for sure.

Probably because no one we know uses one. I can roll a mean joint, but I think I'd have to pick up a new skill to handle adding a crutch into my roll (in my area at least, we call them crutches). Most of us would never put tobacco in with our bud either and I hear that's popular in Europe.

Personally, since I'm a med user that grows my own, I never have anything resembling a weed shortage, so I don't worry about the waste. I won't hit a slobbery wet joint - that's nasty. In the circles I'm in, everyone is careful to keep the J dry. Finally, I don't use a roach clip. Sometimes I use a pair of hemostats, but normally I don't smoke a doobie down far enough that I can't hold it in my fingers. When it gets to roach-size, I stub it out in the ashtray and move on.

Honestly, I think my bountiful-harvest med situation has put me out of touch with the experience of the average toker, but I think most people smoke out of a pipe or bong here.

Belgium, huh? What is the pot culture like there?

:peace:

You should see some of the slimy soggy "roaches" that get passed around here in the USA. Or worse yet,
You should see what a blunt looks like after 20 people hit it at a party. It brings out the germaphobe in me.

can understand that :p

And in belgium we smoke just like you in group but without wetting the filter its not difficult with a filter. we just hold it there. You should try rolling it with a filter. I tried it your way and really didn't like it at all. Its to shabby :p

And yes we use tobacco but its different from person to person. I personally enjoy 1/3 tobacco /weed maximum maybe 1/4th sometimes. I still need to get the taste of the weed.

But there are others.. People who trow like 75% of there joint with tobacco :straightface: i don't get that, it tastes horrible as i don't smoke tobacco alone. The dutch are also like that when i see a dutchman roll they do more that 50% tobacco. I just can't see the point of it, its not that you become more stoned from the tobacco.

I don't smoke pure blunt becouse i have trouble with the smoke, i have done it alot before. but have a sensetive troat or something i don't know maybe its habbit, i just can't enjoy it that much. :tokin:

The "Availability" of filters for said consumption is not easily or readily available.

Plus factor in that most business cards and or other usable material is all bleached white does discourage the use of nasty tasting rolled cardboard.

Quality material used in a good manner it is Tops.

The True illegal nature of Cannabis inhibits further social development that happens in a Lax or non-prosecuted area. :)

NOTE- They use rolled cardboard, a more proper US term would be "Tips" they are not a true filter a mere area for the goo to stick on rather than ones person. Not like a cig filter in its sense.

We call it a crutch and use like a roach clip or hemos. Joint gets short and no roach clip around... tear off top of match book, roll it up and use a crutch.

I haven't smoked a joint or a cone in many years, seems to be a waste having it continuously burn even when getting passed around.

WillyB

Thats why we use thin papers, i like to use black rizla dont know if u know them? then the joint goes out when you aren't taking hits.

+ we can roll it 'inside out' and then tear another part of the paper and having so only 1 layer of paper around the joint instead of parts overlapping each other and thus having more taste.

I have seen crutch or two in my time... not widely used here on the West Coast of the US.
I have never had a prob w/a lil piece of bud in my mouth... don't bother me a bit.
I'm pretty much on the same page w/Aberration, I don't run w/droolers so there isn't much worry there... I also don't do the 20 persons on a doobie thing either... if there were 20 peeps... we would need at least that many doobs... LOL

I also have spent most all my life in a Ganja rich environment so I have never had to think in terms of waste... not in the typical sense anyhow!

I do think this is a good thread, I like to learn about diff cultures and their smoking rituals.... peace out peeps!

PS... just for the record, I can't see putting tobacco in w/fine herb... seems like sacrilege to me. However... can someone who does that explain to me why? I'm curious, not curious enough to try it though... well... maybe :rollit:

I do think this is a good thread, I like to learn about diff cultures and their smoking rituals.... peace out peeps!

PS... just for the record, I can't see putting tobacco in w/fine herb... seems like sacrilege to me. However... can someone who does that explain to me why? I'm curious, not curious enough to try it though... well... maybe :rollit:

Ye its interresting as i never heard experiences from people far away (exept a man from humboldt county on a gentlemen reggae concert in ghent, if your reading this it was a real blast to have met you, thanks!)

And the tobacco with weed thing is how we did it since start, everybody does it, with a different ratio weed/tobacco tho, i think its like the roach/filter thing. I like it tho because like i said before my trouth just doesn't like pure weed smoke in a joint, probably its the habbit i don't know.
I do like the hit in the trouth when i inhale that i don't have when i smoke blunts, it makes me feel that i'm smoking :p

However we roll blunts on special occasions or if we have alot of weed it could happen too but with special blunt wraps not with normal papers.

If you ever try it the tobacco with your joint make sure you don't put too much in it or it will completely ruin your taste. Also check for a very light tobacco like tigram or belgam 21(if you have it there i don't know). check for a 30/70 tobacco weed ratio or 40/60 but not more.

Don't most Europeans smoke filter-less cigarettes? That's the impression I always had... Americans mostly smoke cigs with filters...

And of course we smoke joints without filters... and you smoke joints with? Isn't that interesting!

:rollit:

Honestly, I think my bountiful-harvest med situation has put me out of touch with the experience of the average toker, but I think most people smoke out of a pipe or bong here.
:peace:
I think I'm in the same situation; living in a non-mmj friendly state you have to keep your grow on the lowdown. I smoke for pain in my body and almost sanity in my head. Rarely smoke socially. I guess I'm a hermit.

I've looked at those tube cigarette machines and have often wondered what if any effect it has on receiving your usual dosage.

I have been smoking Camel non-filters for decades... that's probably part of the reason I can't quite bring myself to put a filter or tobacco in my doob... what can I say... I'm an old school hard core!

Don't most Europeans smoke filter-less cigarettes? That's the impression I always had... Americans mostly smoke cigs with filters...

And of course we smoke joints without filters... and you smoke joints with? Isn't that interesting!

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom