Why do Americans roll without a filter?

I also don't do the 20 persons on a doobie thing either... if there were 20 peeps... we would need at least that many doobs... LOL

If I'm in a large group of stoners, we're usually all trading joints ("Try this, you'll love it!") And then maybe swapping mid joint with someone or trying a special one carefully. But mostly we just light one and smoke it - everyone has their own.

PS... just for the record, I can't see putting tobacco in w/fine herb...

For me it's that I quit smoking ciggs 15 years ago. Based on the number of times I "quit" unsuccessfully before that, I don't trust myself. For me, the secret of quitting for good is in not ever wanting to risk it. Besides, ganja tastes so much better.

I've looked at those tube cigarette machines and have often wondered what if any effect it has on receiving your usual dosage.

I wonder if there are tubes with decently thin paper. I can always pop the filters right off after they are loaded... ;)

I have rolled thousands of joints, and it's not much of an inconvenience any more, but I would jump at the ideal roller if I found it. I want it to roll semi-loose so it draws fairly easy. I want it to roll up a minimum of 1 g at the right density in the equivalent of a 1-1/4 paper. I'll grind separately. Yet the right machine eludes me.

Sorry if I'm too off-topic. I'm pretty stoned atm.

:peace:

Don't most Europeans smoke filter-less cigarettes? That's the impression I always had... Americans mostly smoke cigs with filters...

And of course we smoke joints without filters... and you smoke joints with? Isn't that interesting!

:rollit:

There are more people that smoke cigarettes with filter but there are also alot of ppl who roll there cigarettes, i did too because its much cheaper and i liked the taste more then a real cigarette (not comparable to weed tho :p) , stopped smoking cigarettes though.

Also the 20 people thing. We just smoke with our friends. First we take our hits and then pass it to someone(with a game* or just random) until everyone had it and you get it back. Everybody passes his joint so its not that you roll a joint and pass it and don't get some hits from someone else.

* the game: I take my hits from my joint and then to decide who gets my joint next i say TIK and the first guy who says TAK wins and gets the joint.
Can happen with alot of words like : ice... tea, ping... pong or new invented like arjans... haze.
Its not really competetive its just for fun. :grinjoint:

Do you guys play a little game for the joint?

That's why we twist the ends of joints,so we don't get weed in our mouth,you guys haven't figured that one out yet?

We're He-Man Tokers who pay no attention to how those Dutchie latecomers do things. We were been smokin' and growin' weed long before the wooden shoe boys knew what it was. Bow down before us.

ive never used a filter but im pretty new at smoking and what me and my friends usually do is when its to small to smoke we just use put the rest in a bong and finish it then we just start using the bong till someone else makes the joint ha ha pretty lazy smoking ha ha

The mixing of Tobacco and Cannabis dates back the 1600's when tobacco was pricey and poor EU citizens would mix it to stretch out their "Costly Tobacco".

Now in "Modern Times" it's flat out azz bacKWards

Pretty interesting stuff. I actually don't smoke tobacco at all, so the idea of using a filter never really occurred to me.

i was always told it filters out some of the chemicals that get you highhh-er. but i have never seen any of my friends use a filter, just a crutch for a joint or a bleez

There are more people that smoke cigarettes with filter but there are also alot of ppl who roll there cigarettes, i did too because its much cheaper and i liked the taste more then a real cigarette (not comparable to weed tho :p) , stopped smoking cigarettes though.

Also the 20 people thing. We just smoke with our friends. First we take our hits and then pass it to someone(with a game* or just random) until everyone had it and you get it back. Everybody passes his joint so its not that you roll a joint and pass it and don't get some hits from someone else.

* the game: I take my hits from my joint and then to decide who gets my joint next i say TIK and the first guy who says TAK wins and gets the joint.
Can happen with alot of words like : ice... tea, ping... pong or new invented like arjans... haze.
Its not really competetive its just for fun. :grinjoint:

Do you guys play a little game for the joint?

lol nice game, we did the exact game when i was livng in england, BOB......MARLEY!!! lol, great game. we would also play a game if we were bored. get a decent size round cup, tie a peice of toilet paper over the top and put a 5p in the middle, each person take a hit and burn a whole in the paper, if u drop the 5p, YOU roll a joint! fun game when bored and stoned.
THE 5p GAME

That's why we twist the ends of joints,so we don't get weed in our mouth,you guys haven't figured that one out yet?

We're He-Man Tokers who pay no attention to how those Dutchie latecomers do things. We were been smokin' and growin' weed long before the wooden shoe boys knew what it was. Bow down before us.

Aren't all americans immigrants that came from the EU.. exept for the black and the indians?
If you twist that back of your joint, doesn't it get full with tar and jams the smoke? I don't like to suck on my joint to get little smoke.. doesn't get me high

The mixing of Tobacco and Cannabis dates back the 1600's when tobacco was pricey and poor EU citizens would mix it to stretch out their "Costly Tobacco".

Thats so interesting, never heard that before where did you read it ?

lol nice game, we did the exact game when i was livng in england, BOB......MARLEY!!! lol, great game. we would also play a game if we were bored. get a decent size round cup, tie a peice of toilet paper over the top and put a 5p in the middle, each person take a hit and burn a whole in the paper, if u drop the 5p, YOU roll a joint! fun game when bored and stoned.
THE 5p GAME

Have a picture? Having trouble visualizing the game. Would love to try it out!
And we are using bob.. marley aswell, wonder how it started and with who.

I use a cig machine and filter tubes to smoke my shake.......very smooth.
|

I tried your idea with the all this excess shake I have lying around. It worked great. The cigarettes are very satisfying and look like a regular cigarette!! Thanks!!:party:

Probably because no one we know uses one. I can roll a mean joint, but I think I'd have to pick up a new skill to handle adding a crutch into my roll (in my area at least, we call them crutches). Most of us would never put tobacco in with our bud either and I hear that's popular in Europe.

I was going to say the exact same, I'm from the UK and it's just something u pick up from older mates or just people u see doing it. When u first start u don't just learn to roll from a book, u usually learn from a friend and they've learned how to do it from a friend and so on. But yea everywhere i've gone, apart from Holland (where it's illegal to smoke tobacco in the cannabis cafes), we just make a 'mix' of the ground herbs of choice and the tobacco then roll it up into a blunt with a roach and then.. well, u know :tokin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalNeed

Thats so interesting, never heard that before where did you read it ?

when i was back in england i cam across from information on the use of tobacco and marijuana together from the web. been awhile but has stunned me on it. i think it was something like 5 different universities/scientist from dif parts of the world did and expereiment on the use of marijuana alone, tobacco alone, and tobacco and marijuana mixed together.crazy as it turned out the mix of tobacco and marijuana, when smoked, u are less likely to get cancer , compared to smoking marijuana on its own and tobacco on its own. crazy info i thought, dont really know how much i believe but crazy that 5 dif test where done and all came up the same way. later bro

oh and to all the peeps that come on this thread and say shit like "ah cuz we been smokin since blah blah, we the kings of tokin and stupid shit like that. get off ur high horse, u seriously dont know shit. ive lived in both country and most of all the peeps i meet here in america, do not know what good weed is so..... go smoke some swag!! lol

An Englishman talkin' smack about knowing good weed? That's like a Hindu telling you where to get the best steak in town. LMAO!!!

Stick to yer flat warm beer and yer footie,Laddy-buck.

I used to put filters in my blunts when I was just beginning to roll.. Now that im a master blunt roller hehe you learn to make nice and sturdy mouth pieces on one end so a filter isn't necessary. I do the same thing with joints.

I just started mixing tobbacco with my shake since I first read this thread. Even though I know how to roll a joint I bought a cigarrette roller with cigarrette tubes because of where I live. What a satisfying smoke! I can smoke in public and look like I am smoking a regular cigarrette! I have been mixing a half and half mixture. I have about a pound of shake and a ton of buds. To me this is much more satisfying way to use the shake than to make butter or hash. Thanks Everyone!!!

I'm from America (Midwest) and my first dealer who taught me everything I need to know about green taught me how to make and use a filter in my joints. It was one of the first things he ever taught me. I've never rolled a joint without a filter because of it. I was surprised when I'd spark up at spliff at parties and people I was sharing with would ask me about the filter because they had never smoked with em' before. It just makes everything easier in my opinion and I can rest easy knowing I never waste herb. Waste not want not my friends :cheer:

An Englishman talkin' smack about knowing good weed? That's like a Hindu telling you where to get the best steak in town. LMAO!!!

Stick to yer flat warm beer and yer footie,Laddy-buck.

american actually. thanx

have u ever been outside of the u.s.

seriously where in the world drink flat warm beer, lol. get ur self to germany and drink some man beer and get off the 3.2, lol. get some knowledge mate before u just look stupid, get out there and expand ur mind mate, americas not everything.
:peacetwo:

When I was teenager,Doral sold a "make your own cigarettes" kit. It was a big tin with a roller,papers,filters,a reusable box and a big sack of tobacco. I think it cost all of 5 bucks. It made about two cartons of cigarettes.

It was winter and one of my buddies was too lazy to pop out the door and smoke a quick bowl. He decided to buy one of the Doral kits and mix the tobacco with weed.

Never the type of guy to do anything half assed,he bought QP of weed (cost all of 35 bucks then) and mixed it with the tobacco.

It worked fairly well,the smell was a different,but not like weed. His dad blamed it on "that cheap-a$$ tobacco",but had no clue. That's when things took a strange twist.

One night,the old man,who was constantly unemployed,was out of cigarettes. He looks over at my buddy and says "Son,let me have one of your smokes." There was nothing my friend could do but give him one. The old man smokes one,then another one,and TV gets a lot funnier for him that night.

The next day my friend comes in from work and the old man has smoked about half a pack of the weed-o-rettes. He's kicked back on the couch all red-eyed and mellow.

Long story short,the old man ends up going through the lions share of those smokes that winter. He then goes out,buys one of the Doral kits,and bitches for weeks that they've screwed up the blend. He never figured out what was up.

american actually. thanx

have u ever been outside of the u.s.

seriously where in the world drink flat warm beer, lol. get ur self to germany and drink some man beer and get off the 3.2, lol. get some knowledge mate before u just look stupid, get out there and expand ur mind mate, americas not everything.
:peacetwo:

If you knew anything about beer you'd go to Belgium.

As far as I know we've never mated.

By the way,it's spelled y-o-u. U is a letter in the alphabet.

Now,get a grip,you traitor to Mom and apple pie.

Back
Top Bottom