Why do these same strain and same seedbank look like different types?

Goner

Are these doing ok? 1 plant is older but the buds look like it's growing dreadlocks and not fatting up. The other plant is 17 days behind and looking alot bigger in the buds and looks frostier too. Only difference is pot size the older is in a 5 Gal. and the other in a 2. Same soil Same nutes on their weekly schedule and in the same tent. Can they both look so different or am I cracking up. The older 1 should be getting close to coming down but the younger 1 looks more mature. They both have some cloudy Trich's but mostly clear under handheld scope. Any ideas? Leave them alone or chop them or??? Thanks for hearing my rant.

Candy Kush day 67.jpg

CandyKush day 50.jpg

Depending on how stable the breeder made the Strain you can have from 2-3 different phenotypes or 6+ different ones from same strain of seeds. Think of it like kids from the same parents, they don't look the same or have same traits always, as there is the semi random dice roll going on genetically.

Are these doing ok? 1 plant is older but the buds look like it's growing dreadlocks and not fatting up. The other plant is 17 days behind and looking alot bigger in the buds and looks frostier too. Only difference is pot size the older is in a 5 Gal. and the other in a 2. Same soil Same nutes on their weekly schedule and in the same tent. Can they both look so different or am I cracking up. The older 1 should be getting close to coming down but the younger 1 looks more mature. They both have some cloudy Trich's but mostly clear under handheld scope. Any ideas? Leave them alone or chop them or??? Thanks for hearing my rant.

Candy Kush day 67.jpg

CandyKush day 50.jpg
Hey @Goner great garden.
First two seeds from the same bud can look very different.
The girls can have the pheno from mother father or grandparents. Hehe
So don't fret all is good.
Secondly you have to wait until all those white pistols turn red and crinkle in.
Then she is finished flowering.
At that point your trics will be your Guage.
Clear and white energetic feeling.
White and amber relaxed feeling.
First one looks just past mid flower so 3 to 4 weeks at least.
Second one looks like late flower so 3 weeks at least.
Hope that helps.
Bill

Thank you all for you for letting me know what's what. I was worried I messed something up. So thinking the 1st one will be finished on week 12 or 13 isn't that long for auto's? And the 2nd should be finished at 10 weeks both based on trich color correct. I am finishing my drying room now and can't wait till their in there. Then in their curing jars and then HAPPY HAPPY DAYS. Thanks again and All the best and happy growing :cool:

The first pic - that plant is a mutant so yes its going to look totally different than its sisters.

The mutation I'm seeing is Faciation. It will grow fine but just be smaller than the rest and look different. Everything else should be the same.

Agree with all above - your plants look DELICIOUS and look great and variance in phenotypes just varies with certain strains and is just heavy due to some breeders not back-crossing lineages or some such stuff. If you check out my current grow journal you will see three VERY different phenos I’m currently growing from Super Lemon Haze, a strain that I tend to at least get the ‘indica’ pheno and the ‘sativa’ type phenos show up. I keep growing them out and holding on to the mothers I like, sort of a king of the hill thing. I’ve also gotten some sort of mutant that I’m watching well because it’s weird lol. Don’t know if I’d call it a variant - it’s been dubbed Frankenplant in the closet…

Back
Top Bottom