Why do we use pot fertilizer?

OK, ppm is easy enough to figure out. NPK numbers are percentages, so 15-9-15 you are using means 15%N, 9%P and 15%K. For every gram of fertilizer, you have 0.15g N, 0.09g P and 0.15g K or 150mg-90mg-150mg and ppm is mg divided by Kg.

One litre of water is 1 kg (+/-) so 150mg N divided by 1 kg (1 L) you have 150ppm
OK thank you, and what about calculating how much a plant needs, say by pot size

get some mc if it's cash you are worried about.

don't screw around experimenting with inadequate nutes until you have few grows under your belt. you'll just wind up frustrated chasing your tail around.

get some mc if it's cash you are worried about.

don't screw around experimenting with inadequate nutes until you have few grows under your belt. you'll just wind up frustrated chasing your tail around.
How much do they cost? Right now. I'm paying 18 euro for a bottle and it don't last me. Very long

517C1F54-BB92-4514-9C23-E128C81566B3.jpeg

Can't we just use "normal" fertilize from the store that has the same npk values?

And save ton of money?

What exactly does pot fetilizer have that other cheap fertilisers don't?

I grow in soil, I was thinking of adding granular fetilizer to my soil ( not weed specific one) would that be a good idea?
Let me make a suggestion..
If you won't be able to feed your family for a week because your buying fertilizer then get the CHEAPEST fertilizer you can get.

If your not completely broke, and you want to save your self from a ton of headaches and unnecessary work just get yourself a cheap set of nutes. Ignore home depot nutrients for garden. Are you trying to save for retirement or you trying to grow amazing weed?

3 part nute system. From your local hydroponic store will cost you 30 to 50 bucks. Last you a few months to half a year. And you will.be able to give your plants exactly what they need. Not guessing here and there to save a few bucks. When your new to growing. And your gonna have a hard enough time growing a great plant.
You sure as shit dont want be be scrounging to save a few pennies here and there.

I've got remo and house and garden nutrients (house and garden being SOME OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE NUTE LINES YOU CAN BUY) and I haven't used them yet still sitting on my shelf like they have been for the last year. Ive Still been using GENERAL HYDROPONICS FLORA SERIES 3 part nutes. MICRO GROW BLOOM.
1 LITRE bottle costs 15 to 20 bucks. Last you 6 months if u got 4 plant.
And you can use half strength nutes the entire grow.
Their so potent, I do 2 nutrient watering at half strength recomended then 1 watering with straight PHd water. Which saves even more on nutrients

The three plants below were grown with General Hydroponixs flora series (arguably the most reliable and cheapest nute line available and the most potent. Im serious 1/2 strength recommended dose throughout the entire grow will get you plants looking like this.)

Someone mentioned making amended soil, blood meal bone meal all that stuff. YES. Amazing stuff. GROWS AMAZING WEED. But if your mix isn't perfect your plants will suffer. I turned a 3 month grow into a 9 month grow battling deficiencies from a well renowned amended soil company) if your just starting out id suggest being in control of your nutes. Then once you learn what your doing try organic. This is just an opinion.

Good luck man
Resized_20200910_183256.jpeg
Resized_20200909_193621.jpeg
20200825_111524.jpg

oh shit. should have realized you are across the ocean.

yeah, your nute choices aren't near as good. mc cost something like $3 cdn a grow, but i got the 10kg industrial bag.
i think it's on amazon europe, but the shipping kills.

what nutes are you running at the moment ?
Terra canna they recommend 5ml/l max. I feed 8ml/l every watering so every other day. I don't understand why my plants are so hungry. Most people don't feed every watering using terra nutes because they are supposedly very strong.... Dunno

Not sure if you can get MC in Europe, but as @bluter suggested, it’s probably the cheapest and most simple system you can get in North America and will grow amazing plants like these

F1C362B4-1AA8-4635-9B0C-EFF48EAA9B54.jpeg

C8E2EF07-808D-4338-BB9D-AE4644E50FA5.jpeg

But as this is my first run with it, I can not yet comment on the smoke quality compared to my LOS girls that I grow every year.

Terra canna they recommend 5ml/l max. I feed 8ml/l every watering so every other day. I don't understand why my plants are so hungry. Most people don't feed every watering using terra nutes because they are supposedly very strong.... Dunno

it's a good line. it ls expensive though.

you could look at GH. oldest game in the book, they've been around so long at one time it was assumed they were the only ones. pretty cost effective still, not sure what they soak you for over there.

what's your media ? you said soil, but i am assuming it is an hp promix or equivalent.

something else is going on if you are feeding every other day at full strength.

Not sure if you can get MC in Europe, but as @bluter suggested, it’s probably the cheapest and most simple system you can get in North America and will grow amazing plants like these

F1C362B4-1AA8-4635-9B0C-EFF48EAA9B54.jpeg

C8E2EF07-808D-4338-BB9D-AE4644E50FA5.jpeg

But as this is my first run with it, I can not yet comment on the smoke quality compared to my LOS girls that I grow every year.
What is it called exactly, mc what?

it's a good line. it ls expensive though.

you could look at GH. oldest game in the book, they've been around so long at one time it was assumed they were the only ones. pretty cost effective still, not sure what they soak you for over there.

what's your media ? you said soil, but i am assuming it is an hp promix or equivalent.

something else is going on if you are feeding every other day at full strength.
Terra canna professional soil. With about 15% perlite

Its new soil too, so it's not depleted of nutrients

18l pot and 8l pot

I water till runoff

Ph around 6

mega crop. from greenleaf nutrients.

pretty standard size pot, can support a large plant. are you in veg still ? it's gotta be a monster if you need to feed that often.

are you indoor or outdoor - tell us something more about your conditions

pretty standard size pot, can support a large plant. are you in veg still ? it's gotta be a monster if you need to feed that often.

Outdoors, it started flowering about 2 weeks ago

Other one is an auto, pretty much done, about a week or two left. I didn't have much luck with autos sadly.

One. I harvested already. Grate smoke. Only 25 grams dry tho which Is. Pathetic for outdoors... I was always feeding at full strength, she looked super healthy, but yield wasn't that grate sadly. No idea how people can yield over 100g with autos.

This one is properly gonna yield around the same. Its a diesel auto, the other one was bubble kush. The fem. Is special kush 1 or special queen, honestly i don't remmeber what seed it was I have too many seeds it's hard to keep track lol

I'm doing a lot of LST on the fem. I wish i could estimate how much its gonna yield me but I have little experience.

Only thing I know is that it's getting reeeallly hard to move her around, especally with LST she is large...

I just don't know if I should be feeding so much or if I'm just wasting fertilizer. She is healthy and all...

most ferts run at half bottle recommended strength.

terra canna is a peat based line - seems closer to coco than promix - you are actually growing in a style of hydro. typically more suited to indoor. you have big plants and outdoor, explains the nute use and constant watering. you might be able to cut back on the nutes a bit, i dunno if that line allowed the headroom. that line looks to be built to empty your wallet mostly.

you can use gh in that app. i would switch it up at least to try. if you continue outdoor, i would change media in the future maybe as well.

most ferts run at half bottle recommended strength.

terra canna is a peat based line - seems closer to coco than promix - you are actually growing in a style of hydro. typically more suited to indoor. you have big plants and outdoor, explains the nute use and constant watering. you might be able to cut back on the nutes a bit, i dunno if that line allowed the headroom. that line looks to built to empty your wallet mostly.

you can use gh in that app. i would switch it up at least to try. if you continue outdoor, i would change media in the future maybe as well.
Wait are we talking about the same product, because they have terra canna professional and professional plus which is soil

Then they have coco i think

Back
Top Bottom